Butterfly FZD ALC - first impressions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Why is that?

Well somebody mentioned that after switching to the FZD ALC, his power seems diminished. I don't know if that is really true or not, but supposing he needs more power, then maybe the SALC might add a bit more power to his shots.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

Well somebody mentioned that after switching to the FZD ALC, his power seems diminished. I don't know if that is really true or not, but supposing he needs more power, then maybe the SALC might add a bit more power to his shots.

That is an outrageous claim. I think in the earlier stages China was playing pretty calm and relaxed.

I think it’s pretty clear that he wasn’t playing as agressive as we know him to be, but I’m pretty sure he was only going 60% in his earlier matches.

FZD can generate a shit ton of power by himself and so I’m pretty sure he just wasn’t using all of it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
By way of follow up on this blade - I have been alternating between this and my HL5 using the same rubbers (K3 / R7) and have found that the FZD consistently seems to offer me more stability and balance throughout my game and in competitive matchplay.

It is no doubt very similar to my Viscaria but as previously stated is slightly softer feeling and possibly slightly more controllable.

It's a lovely blade and very comfortable to play with for me.

This user has no status.
So i played mine for 2 weeks now and yeah that is a good blade but to put my summary at the start, i would never spend so much money on any blade again. The differences (advantages) between a blade 50-70€ blade like Yinhe pro 01 or DHS TG 506x which have a viscaria structure too and FZD ALC are minor or even insignificant.

Clear advantages:
- The finish is way better than the one from DHS and slightly better than the Yinhe pro 01.
- Feedback is clearer
- Better vibrations, but still not that much that it is distracting
- These advantages give you slight better control with the blade

Slight disadvantage (more subjective thought):
- FZD ALC is not very crisp. I can confirm the longer dwell time which diminishes the linear feeling a little bit imo.

But again, this doesnt justify 100€ more unless it will never change its properties from the many upcoming gluing processes. We will see about that.
I will stick with it for now because i already have it and still like it, but the next blades will be clones again because i am not playing around 2k+ TTR, so these differences dont matter at all imo.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
So i played mine for 2 weeks now and yeah that is a good blade but to put my summary at the start, i would never spend so much money on any blade again. The differences (advantages) between a blade 50-70€ blade like Yinhe pro 01 or DHS TG 506x which have a viscaria structure too and FZD ALC are minor or even insignificant.

Clear advantages:
- The finish is way better than the one from DHS and slightly better than the Yinhe pro 01.
- Feedback is clearer

- FZD ALC is not very crisp. I can confirm the longer dwell time which diminishes the linear feeling a little bit imo.

But again, this doesnt justify 100€ more unless it will never change its properties from the many upcoming gluing processes. We will see about that.
I will stick with it for now because i already have it and still like it, but the next blades will be clones again because i am not playing around 2k+ TTR, so these differences dont matter at all imo.
You’ve spent the money now, so given the advantages you state then why go back to a clone?

Reactions: ShakeHold PenHand
This user has no status.
By way of follow up on this blade - I have been alternating between this and my HL5 using the same rubbers (K3 / R7) and have found that the FZD consistently seems to offer me more stability and balance throughout my game and in competitive matchplay.

It is no doubt very similar to my Viscaria but as previously stated is slightly softer feeling and possibly slightly more controllable.

It's a lovely blade and very comfortable to play with for me.
Totally agree with you!
I just tried the FZD ALC and it felt exactly as you described it. I also played with a Viscaria with exact same rubbers, and the difference was definitely noticeable.
more controllable , soft feeling but basically same power.
really nice. That’s why I just bought it😁

Off topic: I honestly don’t know how ppl can compare these high end blades with cheap copies/replicas likenYinhe etc. I use to have a V14 Pro. Man it was bad!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Totally agree with you!
I just tried the FZD ALC and it felt exactly as you described it. I also played with a Viscaria with exact same rubbers, and the difference was definitely noticeable.

Off topic: I honestly don’t know how ppl can compare these high end blades with cheap copies/replicas likenYinhe etc. I use to have a V14 Pro. Man it was bad!

Has anyone tried the Lin Gaoyuan ALC and can you compare to the FZD alc? As LGY is also softer and more controllable than Viscaria and also has good dwell so I’m curious how LGY and FZD ALC compare.

Reactions: JBH7
This user has no status.

Has anyone tried the Lin Gaoyuan ALC and can you compare to the FZD alc? As LGY is also softer and more controllable than Viscaria and also has good dwell so I’m curious how LGY and FZD ALC compare.

I did! In my club, PINGPOD in NYC, ppl have all kind of equipment 😁
the LGY is definitely an awesome blade, I felt comfortable with it right away. It’s quite different from the FZD, feels even softer, slower at first glance bc less reactive, but still quite powerful if you put effort in your strokes.
It depends what you’re looking for. If you like that soft feeling and being in control, but still have power when needed then the LGY is an amazing choice.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I did! In my club, PINGPOD in NYC, ppl have all kind of equipment 😁
the LGY is definitely an awesome blade, I felt comfortable with it right away. It’s quite different from the FZD, feels even softer, slower at first glance bc less reactive, but still quite powerful if you put effort in your strokes.
It depends what you’re looking for. If you like that soft feeling and being in control, but still have power when needed then the LGY is an amazing choice.

I already have the LGY been using for a year and love it, I was just curious about how FZD would compare to it. Yes LGY is surprising soft and very well controlled which is why I like it. I have it paired with H3 provincial blue sponge on fh and D05 on bh. Great combo.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Clear advantages:
- Feedback is clearer

I am with you on this issue. Once I had my clones made I sold my innerforce BTY because it simply was not playing better than the other blades. For half the money of the BTY I also bought an SDC blade which, as my clones, plays as good as the BTY.
Maybe many of the expensive BTY-buyers are very sensitive and can feel (or imagine ) the smallest differences. 😁

( Grad we die Princessin auf der Erbse )🤣

This user has no status.
Totally agree with you!

So you decide on one single experience. But since you "dont know how ppl can compare" i simply tell you:

First of all many of those copies have the exact same structure. The most differences here come from the handle and how the structure is assembled.

Second you just compare one of the cheapest vis clones out there. And as many ppl stated before, the v-14 pro is no real clone of the viscaria, because it plays significantly different. It is way more crisp (probably harder), has way less feedback and feel, it is faster and has a pretty bad finish. It splinters pretty fast and is overall not a durable blade.

But if you would compare it with a decent clone like the pro 01 (which has a pro version too which cost over a 100€, and the differences really not that big of a deal) or the 506x you would probably be able to see that these blades dont play different at all.
Imo if you buy blades between 60-100€ you get probably the best for your buck. The (probable) advantages from everything beyond that is insignificant, at least in terms of alc compositions. Zlf, cnf etc. Is smth completely different.

For reference: i played for several years with above mentioned clones and have my fzd alc currently in use for around 3 weeks.