Timo Boll Spirit-Timo Boll ALC-Innerforce blades

Hello I am looking for one of these blades for my setup for the upcoming season. I am currently using the Joola Fever blade but I am looking for a blade that offers good speed with good control for blocking (heavy topspin) as well as good for looping and smashing when I need to. I will be using the flared grip as that's the most comfortable for me if you could give me any recommendations on the blades listed or other blades that will do the job.

Also the setup will be Tenergy 05 on forehand and Tenergy 05fx on backhand any recommendations will be appreciated :D

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I think any off- or off blade would do the trick. Though best to get a well reputable blade ofc.
Both those blades have good ratings and would work well for the purpose. In the end it's the technique that matters...
Joola Fever is not a slow blade either, but I guess you want something slightly faster?
With that said, TB Spirit is probably not any faster than the Joola Fever... (although the feel would probs be different)
If you want a faster blade I'd go for Timo Boll ALC in which case.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply brookerbig. I was looking into the innerforce alc blade but was put of because I have heard it is pretty slow. The control of the blade is ideal for me but want a similar speed of my current blade (maybe a bit slower). With that being said would you recommend me to get the new innerforce layer series of the old version then thanks again.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I would keep what you have. The Fever is a good blade. I don't think the Timo blades have more control. I only know the old InnerForce but those have great control.

The InnerForce has more than enough speed. When you do touch stuff it is slow and not bouncy how you want it. And when you take a bigger swing it goes faster because the bigger swing gets you to the ALC layer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thank you. I know this may sound like a random and stupid question haha but does the colour of the handle wear away after time or not thanks again

The handle gets covered with sweat and dirty. The color fades a little. But it does not wear away completely.

Here is the handle of a TB ZLF after 1.5 years of steady use:

IMG_0711.jpg

The colors are different but not that different. You can see they are not as bright. You can see that they have faded and there is dirt. But they are still there. I personally think a racket looks better after it has some use. I don't think it makes much difference that it looks like it has been used. But that is what happens so you can see. It won't look new for ever.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ok Carl thanks would you personally say then Carl that a blade can last a lifetime whilst still maintaining the colour of the handle or do you think say after 20 years the colour of the handle will be gone completely thanks again appreciate the replies

I realize the photo is of the less worn side of the handle. When I am home I will photo the other side. It is only a little more worn but you can see the way in which the color fades.

I don't think the color will disappear after 20 years but it will fade if you are using it. I have seen a Clipper from 1991 and the red in the handle is still red. But it doesn't look bright and new the way it did when it was new.

But I have to confess, this is really a silly form of inquiry for a racket. If you play 20 years straight with one racket it is going to get darn dirty and soaked with sweat unless you are not REALLY playing with it. If you get the racket, just relax and play with it. The bigger issue is that all rackets are subject to breakage. If you don't accidentally ding or slam your racket into the edge of the table every so often, if you don't leave some playing sessions where you are covered with sweat and the handle of your racket has soaked up enough sweat for you to need to let it dry out, then you aren't really playing. Regardless of what racket you get, let yourself play all out and have fun with the racket. If it gets damaged to the point of not being playable, get a new racket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: hazzaa96
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Here is the more worn side of the handle:

IMG_0713.jpg

Because that is the side of the racket that is facing my palm instead of my fingers, you get to see what the wear and discoloration look like more fully. That is from the accumulation of perspiration and dirt. It probably could be cleaned but the color would still look faded. And I think it would be foolish to clean wear that you and your racket earned.

But I like the look of this handle because all the colors are natural wood colors; even the writing on the handle and the circular label that says OSP are made of wood:

IMG_0715.jpg

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks Carl I was just curious I ordered the innerforce alc today the old version

You will have fun with it. Those blades really have a lot of good wood feeling and play like wood in short game but play like carbon from mid-distance and farther where you need the extra power.

Sent from my NSAPhone using CompositeTalk

Last edited: