Viscaria vs Hurricane Long 5 vs Ovtcharov Innerforce Alc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Hi Everybody

I’m looking at purchasing one of the three above blades when I go to Japan in the coming weeks, and was wondering which would be the best for me? I play an aggressive forehand looping game but can also perform relatively solid backhand loops if I need to. Out of the three blades above which one would fit my playstyle the best? Im currently coming from an all wood 5 play blade. Any recommendations about good rubbers would also be appreciated.

Thanks

This user has no status.
If it were me, I'd go with these.
1702797265095.png

1702797275705.png

1702797338551.png

1702797371465.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
definitely the Long 5. It is designed for looping
Hi Everybody

I’m looking at purchasing one of the three above blades when I go to Japan in the coming weeks, and was wondering which would be the best for me? I play an aggressive forehand looping game but can also perform relatively solid backhand loops if I need to. Out of the three blades above which one would fit my playstyle the best? Im currently coming from an all wood 5 play blade. Any recommendations about good rubbers would also be appreciated.

Thanks

This user has no status.
Do you find the Hurricane Long 5 too head heavy, just worried about it as that’s what I’ve heard?
Long 5's BH is even more difficult to control, so now they have upgraded the structure to introduce the Long 5 X, the center of gravity of the BHS has been forward relative to the Butterfly, which allows the FH to be more lethal, so be sure to keep the overall weight under control, preferably at 180-185g.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Hi Everybody

Thanks
Hey Yeesus,

Looking forward to your birthday on the 25th?

2023 years old and still playing table tennis! Impressive 😂

As to your question….. there are a lot of questions that would need to be answered to give an accurate answer.

What’s your level (is there any video of you playing?)

What’s your budget? Is money part of your decision making here?

All of the blades you have chosen (and others that people have said) are all so similar, that I wouldn’t overthink it.

I would 100% take advantage of the fact that you can pick up Butterfly products MUCH cheaper in Japan, and I’d buy the Ovtcharov.

The Viscaria is just a little bit too unforgiving for most people, and as you’ve said, the HL5 is expensive for what it is.

The Harimoto is a solid choice and is slightly slower than the Ovtcharov, but will still give you plenty of speed and will be quicker than your current blade.

Between the OALC and the HALC, I would honestly choose which player/handle design you like the most.

Lastly, just remember, people get so caught up with tiny differences (because that’s all there is with these blades) that they forget the vast majority of people won’t really get the benefit or disadvantages from any of them to the fullest extent.

You are looking at great blades, so go with the one you like the look of most!

Reactions: Nima Abadi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Oh
Hey Yeesus,

Looking forward to your birthday on the 25th?

2023 years old and still playing table tennis! Impressive 😂

As to your question….. there are a lot of questions that would need to be answered to give an accurate answer.

What’s your level (is there any video of you playing?)

What’s your budget? Is money part of your decision making here?

All of the blades you have chosen (and others that people have said) are all so similar, that I wouldn’t overthink it.

I would 100% take advantage of the fact that you can pick up Butterfly products MUCH cheaper in Japan, and I’d buy the Ovtcharov.

The Viscaria is just a little bit too unforgiving for most people, and as you’ve said, the HL5 is expensive for what it is.

The Harimoto is a solid choice and is slightly slower than the Ovtcharov, but will still give you plenty of speed and will be quicker than your current blade.

Between the OALC and the HALC, I would honestly choose which player/handle design you like the most.

Lastly, just remember, people get so caught up with tiny differences (because that’s all there is with these blades) that they forget the vast majority of people won’t really get the benefit or disadvantages from any of them to the fullest extent.

You are looking at great blades, so go with the one you like the look of most!
Shoot I stuffed that up didn’t I…
Budget isn’t so big of an issue but I would rather not go overboard on rubbers. I’ll go to Japan and take a look at all the stock they have, I could probably spend days in there!

Reactions: NDH

NDH

says Spin to win!
Oh

Shoot I stuffed that up didn’t I…
Budget isn’t so big of an issue but I would rather not go overboard on rubbers. I’ll go to Japan and take a look at all the stock they have, I could probably spend days in there!
You can try 100’s of set ups in their stores, so go with the one that feels the best.

I’d personally take advantage of the Butterfly pricing over there, but I’m a Butterfly fan.

Good luck!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I have played all three, and currently choose the Ovtcharov. It represents to me the best balance of speed, control and feeling along with a nice balance and a handle I like.

The Viscaria is great, but as NDH said earlier, it can be a little tough to control at times. The HL5 was not for me - too small in the handle and too head heavy along with a non linear response that unsettled me.