Colestt and import duty

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and to the sport, I'm currently playing recreationally in the office and I'm looking to get a bat to grow my skills with. I almost 100% decided to not go for pre-made but go custom(ish) and I was looking at two main online sellers, one being customtabletenniss and the other being, as per subject colestt. The propositiont from Cole seems to fit my requirements and this review also seems quite promising. The only doubt I have is, how likely am I going be charged import duty if I buy from Cole? I'm asking because at that point it might not be that convenient anymore so I'm problably better off with custom table tennis.

What are you suggestions? Also, do you think that those entry level options are a good starting point?

To give you and idea I tried some bats in the office, specifically, a DHS 3002 which was way too heavy for me, a Dunlop Power something that was quite rubbish, a Stiga Trophy oversized which seemed to work quite well for me and a Dunlop Revolution 5000 that worked the best.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers,
Debo

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Hey Aerial, I did but he said that he doesn't know and he can't guarantee. I was hoping that maybe someone on here living in UK did purchase from him and could advise on the matter.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Hey Andy, I seen that the limit is £36 if shipped as a gift but I'm not sure how to make sure that happens, otherwise yes it's about £15 in the other cases.

Do you think Cole's proposition is still good to go or would you rather choose something else?

This user has no status.
Ok, most companies now will not lower the value or mark the item as a gift. This is in fact frowned upon by govts and the seller can get fined if they get caught doing it too often. Why do i know, because i sell online and many international customers make these demands to lower the value or mark the item as a gift. With globalization of the markets, Countries are trying to collect taxes every which way they can and dont want to lose out. And for some countries like Greece and Brazil, they charge 100% tax on incoming items...that is just crazy. Large companies like UPS, DHL and Fedex will always collect the taxes and custom fees, they have been fined by govts for not collecting the taxes/custom fees in the past. Postal services is a hit or miss....sometimes they dont collect the fees and sometimes they do. Dont blame the seller...the world changes and you have to roll with the punches.

Reactions: debo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Hey 42andbackpains I certainly don't blame the seller that's why I asked my question in the first place, to understand if I'm better off buying locally to have a better overall bargain. Unfortunately what's available in US doesn't seem to be available here in UK and viceversa. Thanks for the pointers by the way.

This user has no status.
Hey 42andbackpains I certainly don't blame the seller that's why I asked my question in the first place, to understand if I'm better off buying locally to have a better overall bargain. Unfortunately what's available in US doesn't seem to be available here in UK and viceversa. Thanks for the pointers by the way.

If you have a friend or relative in the U.S...tell them to buy it for you and then send it as a gift...Thats how you circumvent the system...LOL:D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Thanks a lot for the advice. I contacted him. Waiting for a reply now. I'll keep you posted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and to the sport, I'm currently playing recreationally in the office and I'm looking to get a bat to grow my skills with. I almost 100% decided to not go for pre-made but go custom(ish) and I was looking at two main online sellers, one being customtabletenniss and the other being, as per subject colestt. The propositiont from Cole seems to fit my requirements and this review also seems quite promising. The only doubt I have is, how likely am I going be charged import duty if I buy from Cole? I'm asking because at that point it might not be that convenient anymore so I'm problably better off with custom table tennis.

What are you suggestions? Also, do you think that those entry level options are a good starting point?

To give you and idea I tried some bats in the office, specifically, a DHS 3002 which was way too heavy for me, a Dunlop Power something that was quite rubbish, a Stiga Trophy oversized which seemed to work quite well for me and a Dunlop Revolution 5000 that worked the best.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers,
Debo

Might be better to not buy from coles but from tteleven.com or whatever retailer is based in the UK. How much are you saving from ordering from something locally versus Coles?