Recommended rubbers ?

This user has no status.
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I want to ask about any recommended rubbers, as I have read a lot on reviews but I still can't really decide for myself. I need something decent and not too pricey. Currently using a Sriver EL on my FH and Sapphira on BH. Both of them are starting to wear out, so I want to replace them with something decent. I'm a short to mid range player, sometimes doing loops at the far end of the table. All my winning points come from my FH and BH loops, with the FH looping at mid range and BH at short range. For close to the table I play backspin to win points.

Conclusions : I need a rubber that has decent backspin on the BH, and a fast and spinny rubber on the FH, and both with decent/cheap price.

I very new to all of this, so I think I may be using wrong terms. Feel free to correct me about my usage of terms. I hope I have described properly how is my play style, thanks for recommendations !

This user has no status.
Id say you should go for Hurricane 3 NEO / Mark V combo. This shouldn be that much of impact seeing your current setup. Tons of spin, decent speed in FH and superb control BH.
As for tension rubbers...Adidas P7 and Rakza 7 are monsters at mid range looping. For pushes i think Fastarc S1 is very good and awesome durability. Those rubber are not bouncy like Tenergies or some Xiom rubbers.

But still, H3NEO/MarkV is awesome and very cheap :)

Good luck,
Raul Pacheco.

This user has no status.
Id say you should go for Hurricane 3 NEO / Mark V combo. This shouldn be that much of impact seeing your current setup. Tons of spin, decent speed in FH and superb control BH.
As for tension rubbers...Adidas P7 and Rakza 7 are monsters at mid range looping. For pushes i think Fastarc S1 is very good and awesome durability. Those rubber are not bouncy like Tenergies or some Xiom rubbers.

But still, H3NEO/MarkV is awesome and very cheap :)

Good luck,
Raul Pacheco.

Which one for the FH and which one for the BH ? H3NEO on FH and Mark V on BH ? Or the other way round ?

This user has no status.
Dear Jy,

First,

Verification, what your blade name?

DHS Power-G PG7? Cause I have never heard your blade in your profile. :)

2nd,

For mid range looping fh,

Palio Wildish Dragon 1.5mm - 2.0 mm
Palio Hadou Biotech 1.9mm -2.4 mm
Tuttle Beijing 2 1.8mm - 2.3 mm

For chop and loop bh, (well, bh push is technically a chop)

Friendship/729 729-08 1.9mm -2.4 mm
Friendship/729 729 1.7mm - 2.2 mm
XuShaoFa 999 LSZ 1.8mm - 2.3 mm

This combi will excel for brush loop and chop, but

Very poor at block and drive. Too spinny. :)

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Dear Jy,

First,

Verification, what your blade name?

DHS Power-G PG7? Cause I have never heard your blade in your profile. :)

2nd,

For mid range looping fh,

Palio Wildish Dragon 1.5mm - 2.0 mm
Palio Hadou Biotech 1.9mm -2.4 mm
Tuttle Beijing 2 1.8mm - 2.3 mm

For chop and loop bh, (well, bh push is technically a chop)

Friendship/729 729-08 1.9mm -2.4 mm
Friendship/729 729 1.7mm - 2.2 mm
XuShaoFa 999 LSZ 1.8mm - 2.3 mm

This combi will excel for brush loop and chop, but

Very poor at block and drive. Too spinny. :)

Yeah, it's the one that you said, I typed wrongly and will change it. How about the rubbers I said in my above post?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Basically, all hurricane play like rubbers that I recs for your bh.

I am not familliar with prov and nat vers, sorry. :)

Mark V's mostly for block and drive or do it all except chop play. They play the opposite of Hurricane 3's. I wont recommend them for pure looper. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Sorry for correction, BeGo, but i've got to do this legendary rubber a little justice.

The Mark V was THAT Topspin rubber back in the speed glue era and even many Pros played with that rubber. Compared to 'New - Generation' rubbers which are mostly already pre-boosted it might feel a little slower and less spinny, but if you boost that Mark V Rubber it's gonna be a whole new world, and one will be able to put some serious rotation on the ball... ;)

But your recommendation seems to be solid...

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
Sorry for correction, BeGo, but i've got to do this legendary rubber a little justice.

The Mark V was THAT Topspin rubber back in the speed glue era and even many Pros played with that rubber. Compared to 'New - Generation' rubbers which are mostly already pre-boosted it might feel a little slower and less spinny, but if you boost that Mark V Rubber it's gonna be a whole new world, and one will be able to put some serious rotation on the ball... ;)

But your recommendation seems to be solid...
Well, my apologies for my part too. I admit, part of personal preference kicked in. :)

I do admit has some “slight avoidance tendency” with Sriver and Mark V series, they are too fast and too unspinny for my chop and loop grooved from Tackiness Chop 2, balls seems always fly off the table. They are good for flat blocking though.

And for some reason, in chop and loop, Original H3 play much like Tack 2, although much more “wild” when blocking,

That is why I recommends H3 like rubber for OP bh. :)

Reactions: Suga D