This Weekend 19/08/2011

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Just thought we could all discuss what we are doing for table tennis this weekend.What are our goals and at the end of the weekend if TableTennisDaily members met their goals post them below and see if we met them :).

However, perhaps you are taking a break from table tennis this weekend and your going out to a cool place?

Good luck team!

20040923-ping_pong.jpg

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I'm going to the northern region training camp where I'll be coaching, it's the final assessment for my ITTF Level 1 Coaching Certificate so I'm hoping it all goes well and I'll come out the other side qualified! :) And of course I'll be working more on my blog which has had a ripper of a day today. No breaks from tt for me! :D Wouldn't have it any other way.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Working on my power topspin BH far from the table. I always have this problem coz normally I would just block with topspin rather than going on the offence. On the contrary, I always give 110% on my FH, maximum speed with maximum spin. Love my Calibra LT Plus on my FH!! hahha

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Today, me and som friends of mine went to a place called Vikersund here i Norway to see a competition called Modum Open. It is an invitational tournament with many good players. Some from Sweeden, Denmark, Norway, China and other countries :)

Some players that played the tournament was:

Jan Ove Waldner (!)

Mikael Appelgren

Alan Bentsen

He Haijin

Jon Persson

Wang Bing

Espen Rønneberg

... And about 30 - 35 more players

It was awesome to see J-O play live, and Appelgren to! I asked Mikael Appelgren what racket he is using, and he told me Donic Coppa Platinum is the rubbers :)

He Haijin won the tournament, beating Andreas Törnquist in the final (4-2). Waldner was beaten in the 1/8 finals by Wang Bing, but the match was still good. Waldner even did some of his famous sidespin-loops around the net.

I think that "the match of the day" was the quarterfinal between Appelgren and Bentsen. Lots of spectacular balls and extreemely good play! The match ended with a 3-2 win for Alan Bentsen, since there was only best of seven games from the semis.

I have had a great saturday with my friends and my father! :D

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanx Anders for the post!! Nice one. I must say that I envy you..seeing Waldner would certainly make my day. The next best thing for me is Youtube I guess. hehehe

+1 im so jealous hehe! Any videos of this spectacular event Anders?

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I am very sorry guys for not answering you. I have been practising a lot the last week, so I have not had much time.

@Dan: I do not have any videos myself, but I think one of my friends might have one.. So I'll try make him upload it here :)

@Emil: Jon Persson made it to the quarterfinal. but lost 2-3 to He Haijin (He Haijin won the tournament)

@Azlan: It was really cool. J-O, Äpplet, Bentsen and the others was really fantastic to watch.

Mar 2011
Because of Eid, I'm taking a week break. It started last Friday, and I feel terrible. It's cold turkey...I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms.

Just watch this video, and I wonder if Christopher Walken managed to raise TT interest in the US with this movie.

And as for Yosua, you should respect your elders....