Blade advice please!

says Xxxxxz
says Xxxxxz
Jan 2015
I'm setting up an offensive/attacking racket. I've decided on my rubbers (rasant beat 2.1 on BH, and rasant grip 2.1 on FH) but I'm torn between the andro temper tech off and the DHS ma long light off blades. I want a lightweight blade and the andro comes in at 80g, the DHS at 70g.

Would the rasant rubbers work ok on the DHS blade or is there a problem with putting European rubbers on a Chinese blade?

This user has no status.
uhm just warning u
andro rubbers r pretty hard and heavy
so you may want to consider that

but then again playing with an extremely light bat is no fun and you cant generate much power with it

sooooo it depends on whether u want to get a lighter or heavier blade to go with it
the pairing shouldnt be a problem :)

Hope you have fun with your new bat soon :D

says Xxxxxz
says Xxxxxz
Jan 2015
I'm switching from a LP's (BH) on a 70g combo blade, so I'm used to a relatively light set-up. This is why I'm trying to keep the weight down with the blade. I'm aiming to keep the total bat weight under 175g which gives me about 50g per cut rubber to play with...I think I'll try the ma long blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I'm setting up an offensive/attacking racket. I've decided on my rubbers (rasant beat 2.1 on BH, and rasant grip 2.1 on FH) but I'm torn between the andro temper tech off and the DHS ma long light off blades. I want a lightweight blade and the andro comes in at 80g, the DHS at 70g.

Would the rasant rubbers work ok on the DHS blade or is there a problem with putting European rubbers on a Chinese blade?

You will find the Grip to be heavier than the Beat, which is much softer. Both combined you should be fine.

However you should insist on having the blades weighed/selected if you haven´t already got both blades in front of you and weighed them yourself. There can be a huge difference between what the catalogue says and what actually gets delivered, which makes all calculation quite obsolete. (Some blades are known to have a plus/minus 10 grams difference to the catalogue weight, sometimes even more)

You can ask your dealer about a blade with specific weight.

Grip and Beat are both soft rubbers. I've tried Grip and I found it too slow and soft for my forehand being myself an offensive player. I really like Rasant Powergrip though, a bit harder, way faster and has great grip just like Rasant Grip.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
You can ask your dealer about a blade with specific weight.

Grip and Beat are both soft rubbers. I've tried Grip and I found it too slow and soft for my forehand being myself an offensive player. I really like Rasant Powergrip though, a bit harder, way faster and has great grip just like Rasant Grip.

I think the same, power grip way better for forehand as speed is greater.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I think the same, power grip way better for forehand as speed is greater.

As you play Hurricane, I am not surprised by this verdict.

However contrary to the post above Grip and Beat are not both SOFT rubbers.

With a sponge hardness of 37.5 this is true for Beat.

But while Grip may seem soft to anyone used to playing with harder rubbers, its sponge hardness of 45 degrees usually goes for MEDIUM.

And Powergrip is HARD, with 50 degrees.

Whichever way you see it, nobody should be fooled into believing that Grip and Beat are even close to being similar.

Airoc is technically right.I mean Rasant Grip is soft for an offensive/attacking racket. Most guys will find it mostly suited to BH because it's technically more a mid-fast speed mid hardness rubber. I don't know how many degrees has Powergrip, but it's touch feels a bit softer than MX-P and M1 two other very know FH offensive rubbers. Grip is not slow neither too soft, it just feels mushy and not so fast if you are used to more straightforward attacking rubbers and it throws low and has less catapult than other offensive rubbers.

Good rubber anyway.

Last edited:
says Xxxxxz
says Xxxxxz
Jan 2015
Thanks for the input guys. I received my ma long blade today in the post. It weighs 72g pre varnish so I'm guessing that will go up by a few g's once I've put a couple of coats on. I've already ordered the beat rubber but have not ordered a new grip for the FH. I already have a grip rubber from a previous set up which I'll try before deciding if I want to try the power grip.