What backhand rubber to choose???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
My wood i Petr Korbel
My fh rubber is red Andro R47 2,0
My Bh rubber is Yasaka Rakza 9.

I would like to have a suggestion on a new rubber for bh. I play with openings loop in fh and oftenst attackt with fh, but can also open up with bh loop where i also like to punch block/block or hit.
I dont think that a softer rubber on my bh would be good because of the catapult effect. But i would also like to have a bh rubber with a lot of spin in it, and wheres its good to open up a loop and then block/punch block with bh, if im not attacking with my fh.

So what rubber is your suggestion for my bh rubber???

And why???

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I found myself the same type of player with you. I guess from reading the specs that's quite fit to my play style. What I could tell you about my suggestion is maybe you need to react a bit quicker than you are now to see the ball coming to you in order to open up a loop. 'cause for me the best defensive is by offensive.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
My wood i Petr Korbel
My fh rubber is red Andro R47 2,0
My Bh rubber is Yasaka Rakza 9.

I would like to have a suggestion on a new rubber for bh. I play with openings loop in fh and oftenst attackt with fh, but can also open up with bh loop where i also like to punch block/block or hit.
I dont think that a softer rubber on my bh would be good because of the catapult effect. But i would also like to have a bh rubber with a lot of spin in it, and wheres its good to open up a loop and then block/punch block with bh, if im not attacking with my fh.

So what rubber is your suggestion for my bh rubber???

And why???

Did you try a twiddle to see how the R47 would do on the BH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Yes i started to play with the R47 in bh. Then i tried to twiddle it to fh and what a amacing rubber R47 is in fh.
For my playing style its perfekt for me to use in fh, but sometimes to explosive with the catapult effect in bh

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
And i dont like the R47 to hit with. Block/punch block in bh. Seems to me its to explosive because of the catapult

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Maybe i should stick with my Rakza 9 in bh or maybe try a Pazka x there???
Or do you have a suggestion on a rubber to bh thats legal to Rakza 9???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
does Vega pro also have a lot of tensor in it?? I dont want to have lots of tensor in bh. I think its the reason why it hard to block and punch with it

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
And i dont like the R47 to hit with. Block/punch block in bh. Seems to me its to explosive because of the catapult

Did you consider R42, and perhaps slightly thinner sponge, for BH?

Different strokes for different folks, of course, but in the end I always find too much disparity between the feeling and responsiveness of BH and FH detrimental to my game. And my enjoyment of it.

I could throw in a little declaration of love for my current BH tenant, but the fact of the matter is I already wrote a quite lengthy one recently. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I think of a harder and faster rubber on bh. Maybe R50 because i think a harder rubber/faster rubber is the best to hit block/punch block with.
Or is it wrong???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
QUOTE=Hustler37;214757]does Vega pro also have a lot of tensor in it?? I dont want to have lots of tensor in bh. I think its the reason why it hard to block and punch with it[/QUOTE]

Actually it hasn't. Just like Rakza 7 (which is half-tensor I think) it's pretty linear. It's not one of the hardest rubber around and hard rubbers are usually good for blocking and punching. But it's still on the firm side.

have a friend who plays with Korbel and he is really good at flat hitting and punching and he plays with Vega pro 1.8 and 2.0. It doesn't say too much about your situation because it's also personal preference.

This really sounds like I'm having shares in Xiom :p

Last edited:
Reactions: nivekkan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I cant order Vega pro in my country so i have to order it from the internet if so.
I also like the Tenergy 64 on bh but i wont give the price for it.
So if you have a suggestion to a bh rubber thats like Tenergy 64 og Tenergy Bryse Highspeed but not so expensive then it will be good

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
MX-s is also good but it's a little bit different kind of rubber they say. I don't know too much because I haven't played with it. If you go with Rasanter 50 I think you are still going to have the same problem. It's even faster and hard rubbers doesn't mean that they are not explosive

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
The DHS Gold Arc 8 47,5 degrees rubber. Is it a good bh rubber or will it be to slow if the ball just have to be i play and not always in attacking play???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
I cant order Vega pro in my country so i have to order it from the internet if so.
I also like the Tenergy 64 on bh but i wont give the price for it.
So if you have a suggestion to a bh rubber thats like Tenergy 64 og Tenergy Bryse Highspeed but not so expensive then it will be good

Some people say Donic Barracuda comes close and also the Acuda series and also Rakza 7 (soft)and Tibhar Genius or Grip-S Europe. But I really don't know if it's true

Last edited:
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I think of a harder and faster rubber on bh. Maybe R50 because i think a harder rubber/faster rubber is the best to hit block/punch block with.
Or is it wrong???

I like to block/punch/counter (and smash) on the BH too, and tend to like harder-sponged and a bit thinner rubbers there; but I do think that's a personal thing, I've seen many people do these things with softer and thicker rubbers too.

I've played Vega Pro at 1.8 and 2.0 on the BH, and found it versatile. I've also had a few sessions with R42, R47 and V47, and liked all of them (at 2.0) on the BH. R47/max didn't work out that well immediately, but I do think the main thing here is not that you get something that is the be-all from the get-go.

There's a lot of talk about rubbers. Truth of the matter (to me) is: I've seen enough by now to arrive at the firm conviction that there's fun and a good game to be had with any or next to any of them. There are differences, but the thing is: one adapts. You grow into it, over time, and develop. In a few subtle aspects, you'll get different abilities; and as long as you are able to extert a minimal level of control, you'll keep adapting and developing. It's you, not the rubber.

Reactions: OhWell
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 3 reviews
The DHS Gold Arc 8 47,5 degrees rubber. Is it a good bh rubber or will it be to slow if the ball just have to be i play and not always in attacking play???
actually no it is not slow at all because the catapult is there and i dare to say that ga8 is faster than most esn based rubber and tenergy imho. Ga8 fits my style of play of receiving serve using bh banana flick as much as i can if possible very well. I can actually feel the ball dips into the rubber as i flicking. I had tried plenty of rubbers to suit my backhand such as bluefire m3, rakza 7,7 soft, and so on and ga8 is so far the best with tenergy 05 fx (i used for almost 2 years straight as bh rubber) but with higher speed than 05fx. Btw, i not boost ga8 yet but eventually will with falco tempo long and for now i don't think ga8 need it. peace

Last edited:
Reactions: yoass