Soul spin blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
I'm thinking about getting a soul spin custom blade ! Anyone have any experience with soul spin custom blade?

Background:

I am 6'4 with larger hands than lebron james( 9 1/2 in) and I play with the zjk alc and i love the play style of it, just not the
thickness of the handle. Most blades dont have a thick enough handle for my grip and also I dont like grip tape because it is mushy and I lose the feeling of the ball. So I look at soul spin, and i was thinking i would get basalt blade(its like slower viscaria i heard) with the thick handle. So I started talking with them over email , now they are saying they can make the same "veneer contruction" as the zjk alc! Wooo! They said they cant guarantee that it plays 100% like the zjk alc , but im thinking it should be around timo boll alc, viscaria , zjk alc. Which i like all of them , so I'm pumped for it!

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Good news because their Basalt blade was quite slow but their construction quality is incredible and you can get a huge handle if needed.

Reactions: Keven702
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Don't forget to post pictures. I'm also contemplating getting a blade with custom handle, I have big hands and I make a lot of mistakes because the blade position is changed during rallies.
I'm thinking of a flared handle thick at neck and at least 12cm long, compared to the default 10cm.
I like how the new Soulspin's handles are below the rubber, no rough edges.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Following. Have similar issues with narrow handles. Recently shifted to straight ZJK ALC but have been eyeing the thick and long Soulspin handles. If you decide to order - please do review the handle (and blade)
They sent me some pics that they compare the zjk t5000 vs their k4 thick flared handle and it look alot thicker. How do you post pictures here? Im in china and return next tuesday so ill post it then

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
And what do you guys think about getting a smaller head ? Is it going to affect the play alot? I like a handle heavy blade so I'm thinking about it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Soulspin is great! All the blades I use now are made by them. You can get different handle weights by choosing different materials. As for the size, it depends what you're looking for. Smaller has less flex etc.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I played a year-plus with a custom blade with very small head size almost like cpen due to a shoulder RSI. You adjust very fast and don't miss the sweet spot any more than now. Things to consider is the weight drops *a lot.* Small head is less rubber on both sides so many many grams lower total. All else equal this reduces the speed. And smaller head will be stiffer, so you might want them to make the blade thinner to compensate. I'm sure SoulSpin will be able to give you the characteristics you want.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
If you choose a smaller head the speed will increase, weight will decrease. With a larger head the blade will be slower, that's why the defensive blades are oversized. All this can be found on their site:
https://www.soulspin.de/en/table-tennis-material-advice/blade-sizes/

You can post images pressing the 3rd button in the 4th group on the 2nd row when you reply. If you hover the mouse pointer above it you'll see an ""Insert image" text.