sanwei f3 pro and fang bo b2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Carbon in DHS blades feels different than butterfly ALC blades. The non carbon fiber is yellow instead of blue.

Sanwei F3 Pro is a thick boy, around 6.5mm
Fang Bo should be slimmer around 5.8-6mm (one I played was touch thinner than 5.9, at that point I was really bad at reading vernier scale).

Sanwei F3 Pro feels a big bit faster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
how does an fb2 feel? is it too fast? is dwell ok? compared to liek viscaria?

As far as I remember, Bo2 had was much slower in low impact than viscaria, much flexier and had a tad slower top end speed. At least I couldn't play as fast with Bo2 as with Viscaria. That Viscaria had different rubber though. It had H3, and I used Battle 2.

As far as I remember, Bo2 had was much slower in low impact than viscaria, much flexier and had a tad slower top end speed. At least I couldn't play as fast with Bo2 as with Viscaria. That Viscaria had different rubber though. It had H3, and I used Battle 2.

So would a battle 2 provincial orange sponge be good for bo2? How does 729b2 orange sponge compare to h3 bs and 729 bs? And im also doing yasaka mark v xs for bh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
So would a battle 2 provincial orange sponge be good for bo2? How does 729b2 orange sponge compare to h3 bs and 729 bs? And im also doing yasaka mark v xs for bh.

Tbh I didn't like that much feeling of Fang Bo B2 (that is why I did not end up buying it, a guy was so nice that he lent me the blade to try out for an hour or so). I like Battle 2 as much as I liked the provincial sheet of Hurricane 3. If I was in a blind test I would recognize Hurricane only because it is a little bit more tacky. Get whatever you can get for the best price, lolz. I found 20$ to be a sweet spot. I bought some Battle 2 Gold for 24$ on clearance sale. Works for me. If you can get Hurricane 3 provincial for the same price, go for it, at least I would..

I am the least (or smallest?) EJ on this forum, but I think that it is up to personal preference and personal validation when it comes to blades. There haven't been much progress in terms of table tennis gear technology. Narrow down the group of products in which you are interested and test some. Buy the one exact piece you like.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Thanks Kuba. Have you tried GLOBE999 nat blue sponge? How does it play also? Like compared to H3. Sorry for the questions..

Don't apologize for questions. I have not used Globe 999 blue sponge unfortunately.

What Chinese tacky rubbers you have used and what you did not like about them?

Don't apologize for questions. I have not used Globe 999 blue sponge unfortunately.

What Chinese tacky rubbers you have used and what you did not like about them?

Woah. Thanks. I have played with tg skyline 3 and h3 blue sponge. In general, I really like chinese rubbers for fh. No problems really. I just have this weird thing where my blade orientation should be(letter being brand):

BLADE:A
FH:A
BH:A

BLADE: A
FH:B
BH:C

*edgetape should also be different brand or same as blade

Since i am using a dhs blade, i am not comfortable using the same rubber. It feels asymmetrical, since i do not want a dhs bh rubber, so i need a different fh chinese rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Woah. Thanks. I have played with tg skyline 3 and h3 blue sponge. In general, I really like chinese rubbers for fh. No problems really. I just have this weird thing where my blade orientation should be(letter being brand):

BLADE:A
FH:A
BH:A

BLADE: A
FH:B
BH:C

*edgetape should also be different brand or same as blade

Since i am using a dhs blade, i am not comfortable using the same rubber. It feels asymmetrical, since i do not want a dhs bh rubber, so i need a different fh chinese rubber.

Buy Donic BH rubber, it starts with the same letter, it will be much easier. H3 BS is top of the line.

Reactions: LilMunchkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I didn't know 999 came with blue sponges haha.

For the original, think a harder, tackier, slower version of H3.

Although DHS G888 has 999 beat in both the hard and tack department. Hurricane 2 is a softened/taller pimpled version of G888. H3 softens it even more. If memory serves me right, H3 came out as a "control" rubber more forgiving than H2/G888.

I didn't know 999 came with blue sponges haha.For the original, think a harder, tackier, slower version of H3.Although DHS G888 has 999 beat in both the hard and tack department. Hurricane 2 is a softened/taller pimpled version of G888. H3 softens it even more. If memory serves me right, H3 came out as a "control" rubber more forgiving than H2/G888.
Like in what ways is 999 better than H3 or worse I must ask? Thanks.

This user has no status.
G999 is like hurricane but harder imo, the blue sponge 41 degree has a less tacky flexier topsheet. I used it for two years (3 sheets) on my forehand, before that I used H3 neo and TG3 neo, after I used a H3 national
It's the best value for money Chinese rubber along with battle 2, very very stable and more predictable than hurricane imo, worse to open up backspin with but more stable when countering.
Nowadays it's completely outclassed as it's speed even the blue sponge is below H3 neo and it's not worth boosting as it's such old tech, it's a H3 competitor not even neo

G999 is like hurricane but harder imo, the blue sponge 41 degree has a less tacky flexier topsheet. I used it for two years (3 sheets) on my forehand, before that I used H3 neo and TG3 neo, after I used a H3 national
It's the best value for money Chinese rubber along with battle 2, very very stable and more predictable than hurricane imo, worse to open up backspin with but more stable when countering.
Nowadays it's completely outclassed as it's speed even the blue sponge is below H3 neo and it's not worth boosting as it's such old tech, it's a H3 competitor not even neo

Woah, thanks. So basically it is much slower, more stable and more predicatble than h3? Would a 39 degree blue sponge 999 do?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Like in what ways is 999 better than H3 or worse I must ask? Thanks.

Sorry it has been 15 years since I had a sheet of 999. From what I remember, you might like it if you find G888 too unforgiving and H3 too soft. An in-betweener. Although, I don't think many people today would complain about H3 being too soft.

Keep in mind, 999 was around when glass plate/ziplock speed gluing was a thing. Really not much difference in end performance between similar rubber types. Might as well debate fair chack vs noriko...

This user has no status.
I used to use it around the cell to abs 40 (not 40+) time.
It was good but really I think now I'd reccomend it mostly to somone like a modern defender who wants a controllable forehand that is capable of attack.
Or somone who wants something similar to a Prov H3 neo BS that feels a month or two old.

With a FB carbon it's gonna be quite slow, it worked well for me with a 94g TBS but I think with 40+ and FB2 it will be a off- Chinese rubber experience.

It would be great to develop great techniques or control around table or play a sort of counter attack role may be better than a traditional Chinese all out forehand as I think you may struggle to put it through people who know where the ball will go