Lighter fang bo ALC

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Is there a reason for you liking lighter blades? Like a wrist or elbow injury?

Information: a lot of the top pros use blades between 88g-95g and more in the 90g-93g range: the reason, blades a little heavier have better feeling and feedback, are more solid and put more inertia behind the ball on shots.

If you are strong enough, and have enough time to train, there is a value to blades that are on the heavier side. If you are not strong enough, or have an injury, then lighter blades make sense.

Usually, lighter blades allow you to get faster bat speed but don't feel as good and don't allow you to put as much power into your contact with the ball. With heavier setups, the limiting factor in weight is where it starts to slow down your bat speed to the point where it is detrimental to your production of spin and speed.

Where that point is, depends on the player. If you are strong and have enough time to train, a blade that weighs up to 95g should actually add a lot of power to your shots and it will feel better.

But, as with all equipment, it is really a choice based on personal preference. I am just giving you the information because sometimes the choice of a light weight blade is made for good reasons, and sometimes it is not.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Also, if you found a lighter Fang Bo blade, it probably would not have that feeling, those characteristics that you liked. If you found a clone that was lighter, it would have characteristics even farther from the feeling you liked. I would be willing to put money on it that, part of what you liked about the Fang Bo you tried had at least a decent amount to do with how the weight affected the playing characteristics.

Heavier, denser wood feels better on contact.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hi, can anyone suggest me a lighter version of Fang Bo Carbon blade. I am used to a lighter blade but like the characteristics of fang bo alc.
There's a Hurricane Long 5 light version that's a bit lighter, typically in the mid-80s instead of ~90 grams. I believe the construction is similar to the Fang Bo blade.