London 2012 Olympics Promo (Video)

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
First time I've made this kind of video so feedback would be great. I kind of gave up on it and took some parts out which weren't behaving themselves, clips were speeding up on upload and becoming unstable etc. Let me know if you like it or not anyway :) Best watching in 1080p though the 'HD' clips I acquired were ruined by WMM lol

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I think you're bitten by the video making bug mate LOL!! Good video there Matt, but do you know how to make it great?:) I think if you have a few close up slow motion shots of TT players beginning their serves, showing the people the intensity in their faces, sweat dripping onto the table, their faces when they loop, veins popping in their arms, those kinda a thing. Only towards the end a slomo of a really good rally. But the Big Ben, Olympics and such were really nice:) Like it!!

My 2 cents buddy hehehehe

Mar 2011
I am an idiot who can't even edit my own video and I am giving my opinions to you hahaha Just ideas buddy, most of the times, it's easier said than done. :)
I just thought, maybe if a non TT player sees the video, he/she might be guessing what kinda sport is featured here since they're all slomo close ups, with the shots of Olympics and London at various intervals. Only at the end they're able to see the whole game to reveal that it's TT, and shots of the players celebrating and getting on the podium.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Mostly sounds like it's framerate issues buddy. The problem with Moviemaker and some of the generic movie software is that they don't keep track of actual framerates. If it's close to the specified framerate either 24 or 30 fps in the U.S. and 25 or 50 fps in other PAL countries you're looking at a lot of different types of videos. Just because a video says it's 30 fps doesn't always mean it does. It could be something as simple as it being 28.9 fps. 30 fps is actually 29.97 fps for proper video playback and it's just rounded up. 24 fps is actually 23.976 or 23.98 fps and it is also rounded up. if your video is off by even a few hundredths of a frame over the long video it can really mess up the playback.

I recommend getting the Adobe Suite pack with After Effects, Photoshop, and Premiere. They run on windows and you can get a free trial for CS5, just reformat your computer or find software to remove the previous installation completely to "reuse" the program.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Mostly sounds like it's framerate issues buddy. The problem with Moviemaker and some of the generic movie software is that they don't keep track of actual framerates. If it's close to the specified framerate either 24 or 30 fps in the U.S. and 25 or 50 fps in other PAL countries you're looking at a lot of different types of videos. Just because a video says it's 30 fps doesn't always mean it does. It could be something as simple as it being 28.9 fps. 30 fps is actually 29.97 fps for proper video playback and it's just rounded up. 24 fps is actually 23.976 or 23.98 fps and it is also rounded up. if your video is off by even a few hundredths of a frame over the long video it can really mess up the playback.

I recommend getting the Adobe Suite pack with After Effects, Photoshop, and Premiere. They run on windows and you can get a free trial for CS5, just reformat your computer or find software to remove the previous installation completely to "reuse" the program.

Dont you get this sort of brand stamp on the output in trial versions?