Slow Shots

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
I play chinese penhold and my FH is pretty strong (and RPB on my BH).

I am having terrible difficulty when the ball lands slowly on my table; for some reason i am always able to return the shot when it is fast, but when it is slow, i always seem to net it or hit pretty far away from the table.

Also, when the balls comes to BH fast/super-fast i am always able to return it in such a way that the opponent has no way to receive it, but when it comes slowly, or bounces a little so that it between my navel and chest, then i just bonk it.

This is quite frustrating for me.

Any advice on how i can improve on this?

I am currently suffering from the same problem....
the quickest remedy for this is to block it short , so that the opponent will have a hard time also...
BUT for more advance players, The best way is to position yourself to either drive or counterloop it like what Ma Long does...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
I am currently suffering from the same problem....
the quickest remedy for this is to block it short , so that the opponent will have a hard time also...
BUT for more advance players, The best way is to position yourself to either drive or counterloop it like what Ma Long does...

Yep, and lowering the body almost parallel to the table too.
High risk shot but no prob for the pros :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
You need to improve your backhand footwork. When the ball is short and / or slower you need to adjust your position by moving forward or waiting for the ball to come to you. Basically, either let the ball come to you and take it late or go to the ball. Don't worry this is a problem everybody faces.