PDA

View Full Version : What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

Pages : [1] 2

lgreggs
10-15-2010, 06:48 PM
The price for Tenergy is now astronomical and I was wondering if there was a rubber with similar characteristics that would be a suitable replacement.

http://www.megaspin.net/store/images/products/zoom_b-tenergy-05.jpg

ttFaka
10-15-2010, 07:01 PM
The same questions I have : D

david93fcb
10-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Did you guys try the Hexer?
Dunno if they sell them in other countries than Germany but it's close to the Tenergy.
Not as good imo, that's why I still play Tenergy xD

char987
10-16-2010, 06:58 PM
hexer is good but just doesn't compare to tenergy over a long period of time

Dan
10-16-2010, 10:37 PM
isn't hexor similar price to tenergy??? and Gregs if i was you,,, buy some old sheets of Sriver and boost them that would be cheap and cost efficient :P.. tabletennis rubber prizes suck!!

Bollforte94
10-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Xiom Vega Pro or Omega or a heavy Tibhar Genius

lgreggs
10-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Yeah i know but you've still got to buy boost and what about when I turn up to the world champs and get my bat tested. hahah jokes!

Dan
10-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Yeah i know but you've still got to buy boost and what about when I turn up to the world champs and get my bat tested. hahah jokes!

hahaha true! well it would work in the bristol league against dave adamson and them folks!! haha :P

Hmmm stick to tenergy :P

shihkowkchu
10-18-2010, 10:22 AM
hexer+ very good

char987
10-18-2010, 11:09 AM
i was thiks of stoppin using tenergy but when you use a new rubber in the back of my mind i will allways know tenergys better

lgreggs
10-19-2010, 07:41 PM
I think this will also be the case with me if I change from tenergy lol

Offensive
10-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Some people say me Sanwei 388.t? is possible??
You can find it on 5-10€... mm i don't know £.

Phil
10-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Stiga Boost TX is pretty similar to play with, it's just quite a bit quicker, but it's lighter at the same time. Can't go wrong with Joola Express One either.

plons
10-21-2010, 12:14 PM
The problem with Tenergy is, once you've played with it, there's no way back.

plons
10-21-2010, 12:33 PM
is'nt hexor similar price to tenergy??? and Gregs if i was you,,, buy some old sheets of Sriver and boost them that would be cheap and cost efficient :P.. tabletennis rubber prizes suck!!
You're sooo right. After all it's just a dumb piece of rubber:mad:

wangliqin
10-22-2010, 10:37 AM
just YASAKA

Dan
10-22-2010, 10:40 AM
just YASAKA

Which yasaka rubbers wang liqin? thanks for your first post and joining the forum

miras0708
10-24-2010, 09:53 PM
agree with u...

miras0708
10-24-2010, 09:56 PM
yasaka mark V HPS soft is pretty good

char987
10-24-2010, 10:33 PM
im considering changin to express one after my tenergy is worn or might get new sheet for xmas but if i pay out with my own money ill get express

david.tomas.nilsson
10-25-2010, 02:22 PM
I can recommend Yasaka Rakza 7 soft, just switched to it from Donic JO Coppa Platin Soft and wow, instant felt more secure in my own game :)
Not all that "free speed" you get with tensor rubbers, very good controll, very good spin and superb click sound.

char987
10-25-2010, 04:13 PM
I can recommend Yasaka Rakza 7 soft, just switched to it from Donic JO Coppa Platin Soft and wow, instant felt more secure in my own game :)
Not all that "free speed" you get with tensor rubbers, very good controll, very good spin and superb click sound.

how long did it take to adapt after making the switch?

david.tomas.nilsson
10-26-2010, 10:41 AM
1 second, I felt that I immediately played better. Before the Donic rubber I used Tenergy 05 which I didn't like at all and before that Stiga Boost TS which was good.

Trance
11-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Hurricane 3 from DHS is oso quite good

saif
11-06-2010, 07:07 PM

Yes, hurricane 3 has very good spin but doesn't match the speed that T05 has. IMO, Hexer is the best alternate to T05 among currently available options.

Allan2103
11-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Well, stick to Tenergy, but try to keep them in a good state, so they'll last longer and you wont spend a lot of money as they'll last a lot

Baal
11-07-2010, 01:16 AM
I am probably quite a bit older than most the guys who post here, and I am reasonably well paid. I can afford 65 USD for a sheet of T05, but the PRINCIPLE of the thing bugs me. Worse, I just replaced a sheet last week, i've got about 9 or 10 hours on the new one, and it is already chipping around the side.

So I am tempted to try something like Bryce FX and then boost the crap out of it. Probably cheaper in the long run.

But I also agree with everyone else who says that it is really hard to give it up once you have started using it. Kind of like heroin or cocaine.

Baal
11-07-2010, 01:21 AM
I've tried a bunch of other rubbers looking for an alternative. I am still playing with T05, which tells you how it went. But, among the ones I've tried (Donic Baracuda, Sonic Acuda S1 Stiga Boost TC, Stiga Calibra LT, Stiga Calibra LT SOUnd, Hexer, Joola Phenix, Xiom Vega Asian), the ones that are decent are Hexer and Calibra Lt. The latter is unbelievably fast and would take some getting used to. Boost is playable. So is Phenix (which is not a tensor). Acuda and Baracuda were awful for me. I just ordered one of the Stiga magnas, I am can't remember which one.

peter
11-07-2010, 01:35 AM
Juic Air Condle, Juic Couga, or butterfly Bryce.

Juic are 30% cheaper than butterfly ones, Bryce is a true champ rubber, but it takes a champ to control it

Atomichaos
11-07-2010, 01:51 AM
I would recommend xiom vega euro. Its half the price, and has similar properties.

tao82
11-07-2010, 01:29 AM
After trying a few other candidates to replace my Tenergy 05 (Xiom Vega Pro, Europe, Andro Hexer,...) I frankly do think there is no way to replace it.
So if you don't change your rubber too often may be you could try to save enough money and buy it although it's expensive. However if you're the king that changes his/her Tenergy rubber once every 2 or 3 months then Xiom Vega Pro or the new Xiom Omega IV are worth trying.

MildSeven
11-07-2010, 03:30 AM
I don't think there is an alternative yet. The fact that there is so much money out there to be made if someone can come up with a real alternative is evidence. The way BTY pricing has been, the field is way open for anyone to come up with an equal rubber and price it obscenely high and make a pretty margin on their product, but no one has been able to take advantage of this yet.

david.tomas.nilsson
11-07-2010, 11:38 AM
I've tried T05 for about a month and I actually dont understand the fuzz about it, didn't suit my style at all. And now when the price has rised I'm glad i din't like it :)
Yasaka Rakza 7 soft ftw!

Ferdy
11-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Agree nothing like Tenergys. I recently switched from T64 to Yasaka Xtend HS Max and feel it is a superb choice. Plays somewhat like T64 but much more feel with great speed and spin. Just my 2 cent's knowing everyone has their favorites and the selection is vast.

jkc
11-08-2010, 09:16 PM
If you are willing to spend 2 or 3 weeks to adapt to Calibra LT from Tenergy, then it is probably the first rubber which can truly compete with it. It drives and blocks better (after a week of putting the rushed ones into the net) and is a far superior rubber off the table. It does take time to get the same spin on that close in opening loop, but it can be done with practice. It lasts longer and doesn't chip away around the edges (though your do have to treat the sponge carefully when cutting). It is a very quick rubber but because it doesn't react so much to spin it probably has similar control to Tenergy.

VANS
11-14-2010, 06:47 PM
i like my Hexer. i dont care its not T05. it is fantastic rubber and suits me perfectly. i have won games against tenergy users on my level so its not the rubber what makes you better player. its the practice, experience, selfconfidence and technics.. and if somethig different from tenergy works for you just stick with it

jyechen
11-14-2010, 07:23 PM
You could try Palio Thor. I hear it's like a mildly speed glued H3 National. Spinny, a little spring, but not as much as T05. Less than half the price though.

jonyer80
11-15-2010, 10:39 PM
I´m using Xiom Vega pro MAX with optimizer. Although its not the same, it´s around 80-85% as good as Tenergy 05.

louisc
11-20-2010, 01:01 PM
I really don 't think that there is one yet.Some people say that xiom vega pro, donic acuda s1 and even calibra LT have a somehow similar way of play(maybe a little less spin) and they are all cheaper.As for xiom some reviews say that after the first week of play is a completely different rubber cause it loses a lot of it's spin and speed.So IMHO other than it 's price tenergy is still the best thing there is right now

tenergy05.com
11-21-2010, 02:40 AM
vega pro - but really there is nothing

legislate
11-21-2010, 09:27 AM
Joola Express I.

AllezCho
11-22-2010, 02:11 AM
Tibhar Genius (spring sponge clone) is pretty close to Tenergy. In my experience, it is much easier to play with and is more "linear" than Tenergy, which can be almost unpredictable at times (but maybe because I've only started using T05 recently and I'm not quite used to it yet). I would recommend those looking for a cheaper alternative to go to Genius. I sure will switch back after my last sheet of Tenergy dies.

STL2000
11-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Donic S1, 80% like speed glue applied Hurricane 3

thomasschreyen
11-22-2010, 04:49 PM
The donic Acuda 1 is vert close to tenergy 05 but i still not chanched but I tried already ;)

legislate
12-14-2010, 11:22 PM
NEVER pay more than 30 bucks for a piece of rubber unless it's a tire for your car.

UsakoKirei
12-21-2010, 10:17 AM
NEVER pay more than 30 bucks for a piece of rubber unless it's a tire for your car.

that means, the tenergy series are similar to a rubber for 30 ? xD explain please ;D

tenergy05.com
12-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Tenergy alternatives (http://tenergy05.com/rubbers/buy-cheap-butterfly-tenergy-alternatives-or-substitutes) are constantly claimed and with all the tenergy I believe there are except of course the original tenergy 05.

peter
12-22-2010, 03:03 AM
http://www.butterflyonline.com/2011BTYCatalog.pdf

Above is the 2011 press PDF version of butterfly catalog, please turn into page 32,

"When Should I Change My Rubber Sheets?"

A rubber’s performance will deteriorate as time and the elements take their toll. The rubber will produce less spin than it once did and will not feel as lively. The life expectancy of your rubber sheet will vary depending on how often you play. A Good Rule of Thumb:

[# of days played/week] = [# of times to change/year]

with the street price of $70s per sheet, how many people out there can afford this "Good Rule of Thumb". throughout the whole catalog theres not a single price figure on their products, why do you think ? ;)

poltery
12-22-2010, 09:20 AM
stiga boost tc

PP 24-7
12-22-2010, 02:23 PM
If you are considering H-3, you might as well taking it up a notch w/ Neo H-3 (or H-2) from China National Team version. It will run you around $25 - $30 ea.

Phil
12-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Try express x-plode, it's got a similar feel to tenergy because its quite hard but a lot more pace. Spin and control are great though the extra speed makes it a bit harder to play with than Tenergy, so you've gotta be prepared to fully commit to shots. I've not been playing with it long but had some great results, it'll take me a bit longer to get used to it properly but when I've been playing well with it, it seems a lot more effective than tenergy.

Dan
12-27-2010, 02:02 AM
Try express x-plode, it's got a similar feel to tenergy because its quite hard but a lot more pace. Spin and control are great though the extra speed makes it a bit harder to play with than Tenergy, so you've gotta be prepared to fully commit to shots. I've not been playing with it long but had some great results, it'll take me a bit longer to get used to it properly but when I've been playing well with it, it seems a lot more effective than tenergy.

Hey Phil. That sounds likea great rubber!!

I see your from Wiltshire... my coach kevin satchell is from there with players like Tim Omahony, Eddie Roofe ect who play in the Swindon League.. I played in it for 1 year once :).. Im guessing you know these players?

Dan

gauravvraj
12-27-2010, 02:24 AM
is'nt hexor similar price to tenergy??? and Gregs if i was you,,, buy some old sheets of Sriver and boost them that would be cheap and cost efficient :P.. tabletennis rubber prizes suck!!

i am using sriver EL but i didnt used any boost till nowbut yeah as told by Dan i will try some boost as tenergy is really costly... :(

Dan
12-27-2010, 02:27 AM
i am using sriver EL but i didnt used any boost till nowbut yeah as told by Dan i will try some boost as tenergy is really costly... :(

haha yes,,, im sure you'll love it! :)

gauravvraj
12-27-2010, 03:15 AM
i am thinking to improve my game with SRIVER only .. rather purchasing tenergy when i have got that much of money to spend on tenergy then i will purchase it ..hahahaha

jonathan
12-27-2010, 03:41 PM
online κατάστημα παπουτσιών ( http://www.shoes-trader.com/)

θα θελα τα φωτα σας αν καποιος χρησιμοποιει το internet για την
αγορα υποδηματων και ρουχων.
πανω απο ολα να ειναι δοκιμασμενα για την ποιοτητα τους οσων αφορα την αυθεντικοτητα και την αποστολη στην ελλαδα, οπως επισης αν γνωριζετε και τα εξοδα αποστολης για Ελλαδα.

Παπούτσια γυναικεία (http://www.shoes-trader.com/brand-shoes-ugg-c-53_892)

ASICS SHOES (http://www.shoes-trader.com/brand-shoes/asics-shoes)
ευχαριστω εκ των προτερων.

gauravvraj
12-27-2010, 03:48 PM

πανω απο ολα να ειναι δοκιμασμενα για την ποιοτητα τους οσων αφορα την αυθεντικοτητα και την αποστολη στην ελλαδα, οπως επισης αν γνωριζετε και τα εξοδα αποστολης για Ελλαδα.

ευχαριστω εκ των προτερων.

είσαι βάζοντας μια διαφήμιση εδώ;

Ndragon
12-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Palio Thors or LKT Red Diamond are kicking up a big fuss.
I think the ease of T05 will not be beaten but these 2 rubbers seem worth trying.
I play with Palio Thors now. and i used T05 for the longest period before. I would say Thors is a good substitute. Does some things better and some things not as good. But al in all if u put in just a little extra effort then u will not be dissapointed.
But for the price of $12 which is less than £9 I definitely think Red Diamond is worth a try for u guys

unagidon
12-30-2010, 04:58 PM
i heard about acuda s1 s2 and s3 series and rakza 7 and rakza 7 soft are good alternative for tenergy. for sure in cost they are all cheaper than tenergy. as speed and spin are depend on the combination of the blade

Kimo
12-30-2010, 05:30 PM
I recommend the chinese Neo Hurricane III. It's not very similar to Tenergy 05 but it's cheap and different

Tek101
12-30-2010, 08:25 PM
the only butter fly things I own are a VSG-3000 Blade, a sheed of old sriver and 2 sheets of Speedy PO......... bought these in the days when butterfly was cheap and by sheap I mena like $30 per rubber lol.. now days I am basically strictly a Asian rubber man and CCT National strike seems like a very cost effective rubber anything under max is hard to play with away from the stable but the touch and speed you can generate with it is excellent. Also 729 Cream is nice, the throw angle of it is a bit high but, it produces ALOT of spin and the control is fantastic when I use it on my 729 Bomb Blade and my vsg-3000... hope this helps

Tek

billalphonso79!
01-01-2011, 12:58 PM

ευχαριστω εκ των προτερων.αυτα τα προιοντα δεν εχουν σχεση με επιτραπεζια αντισφαιριση

TTOski
01-01-2011, 02:34 PM
I think the softest Tenergy is best at backhand, and the hard on forehand..

RPBguy
01-03-2011, 02:59 PM
maybe xiom vega europe?

djpokkey
01-03-2011, 04:16 PM
I,m using the Haifu rubbers with the blue sponge power i love it and very good on my wallet

Phil
01-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Hey Phil. That sounds likea great rubber!!

I see your from Wiltshire... my coach kevin satchell is from there with players like Tim Omahony, Eddie Roofe ect who play in the Swindon League.. I played in it for 1 year once :).. Im guessing you know these players?

Dan

It is very good, i need a nice hard rubber to make my blocking effective else I struggle a lot more. Tried others replacements like Stiga Boost TC and TX which are good too, but this is the best.

Yeah I know all of them, sure you know me too as I've been to superleague at filton loads, though not since the season began as I've been too busy.

Justchill
01-04-2011, 02:51 PM
What is the softest Tenergy? 05 or 64 ?

Any1 tried 05-FX ?

Ndragon
01-22-2011, 11:05 AM
I will be honest with u and say that there is definitely no replacement.
You just gotta look after them. That means getting the sticky sheets and putting them on after every session. Cleaning with water 2-3 times every 5 sessions. Just making sure to keep a sticky protector sheet on after every session is the most important. I had my Tenergies last 13 months and someone thought they were just 4 months old.
It doesnt matter how much u play its just important to know that every rubber gets the same value for money in the end. Well not every because some have terrible durability

Ndragon
01-22-2011, 11:06 AM
oh and when the sticky protective sheets are becoming less sticky. either clean them and get them back to top condition or buy new ones. They are cheap anyway. This was my secret to keeping Tenergy fresh :)

Justchill
01-22-2011, 11:10 AM
I bought T05 FX for 20E in sales.

@MrDragon: Why is the sticky protector so important??

Ndragon
01-22-2011, 12:02 PM
because it never lets the topsheet lose any grip. Even after 8 months of using the grip was the EXACT same as brand new.
Even when the grip starts to go a little having the sticky protective film transfers some of the stickiness and gives all the grip back. Almost feeling tacky.
Thats how i think it works. Either way it keeps the topsheet fresh.

Justchill
01-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Where can you buy these protective sheets?

Ndragon
01-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Pretty much any table tennis shop should sell then. Make sure its the sticky ones though. Unless ur using a tacky rubber then u get the non sticky ones.
My personal favourite is the Butterfly one because it is the best quality one i have tried

DaFaiGai
02-09-2011, 12:35 AM
The price for Tenergy is now astronomical and I was wondering if there was a rubber with similar characteristics that would be a suitable replacement.

For a low 15 dollars in the U.S (not sure about Europe), Gambler Outlaw has the same feel and weight. Athough it's not as durable (it can still last 3 or 4 months), it is lighter than Tenergy 05.

Best of all... it's cheaper! :D

It uses a very soft lavender sponge and is easy to control :P. I use it! :D

RIPPER
02-09-2011, 03:28 AM
I know tenergy is awesome but I actually prefer Rakza 7 the new high tension yasaka rubber, it's sick. Also it has a new grip technology on the rubber, so its real spinny, especially wen brand new. Its also a high quality rubber, cus u know how butterfly is good quality but donic sometimes isn't, and cus tenergy is hard joola express might b bit soft to change to bit rakza is still a hard rubber, trust lloyd...id give it a go, there's a cheap site called dandoysports.com

lgreggs
02-09-2011, 07:01 PM
I know tenergy is awesome but I actually prefer Rakza 7 the new high tension yasaka rubber, it's sick. Also it has a new grip technology on the rubber, so its real spinny, especially wen brand new. Its also a high quality rubber, cus u know how butterfly is good quality but donic sometimes isn't, and cus tenergy is hard joola express might b bit soft to change to bit rakza is still a hard rubber, trust lloyd...id give it a go, there's a cheap site called dandoysports.com

Cheers Ripper. How long does it last? Joola express is too soft. I've heard about new Joola rubbers such as Joola brave but I dont know much about them. Has the Yasaka rubber got a similar feeling to tenergy05?

TTOski
02-09-2011, 07:04 PM
The calibra sponge is kinda similar to the tenergy, but i'ts not that far away thinking of the prize....

Kimo
02-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Tibhar Sinus is pretty similar

bosh
02-10-2011, 12:33 PM
I think the new butterfly bosh sheet is better than tenergy!

unagidon
02-10-2011, 05:48 PM
so far i like donic acuda s1, s2 and s3 series. they feel like similar to me.

kaikaz
02-14-2011, 09:15 PM
I ve tested all the Xiom rubbers and they are the closest to tenergy than any other rubber.
Take the xiom asia if you like really hard rubbers, take europe for a little softer rubber and if you like to play with tenergy 05 fx, take the xiom vega elite.

I like the vega elite the most but I like "softer" rubbers more than hard rubbers. And with softer I dont mean like mark V or nimbus sound. But its not as hard as the DHS hurricane.

richie19rich77
02-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Been reading on other forums that there is a big fuss about Yinhe/Galaxy Moon (05) and Mars (64), depending on what reviews you read they feel similar but slower. Thought I would get myself a couple of sheets and try, but with a few layers of Bio Booster to try and make them as fast as Tenergy (for testing purposes only :p ).

Will be trying them out on Monday so will report back on what they are like, for $13 a sheet you can't go wrong.

Currently using 05 and 05-fx on a maze blade.

Rich

Dan
02-20-2011, 02:37 AM
Been reading on other forums that there is a big fuss about Yinhe/Galaxy Moon (05) and Mars (64), depending on what reviews you read they feel similar but slower. Thought I would get myself a couple of sheets and try, but with a few layers of Bio Booster to try and make them as fast as Tenergy (for testing purposes only :p ).

Will be trying them out on Monday so will report back on what they are like, for $13 a sheet you can't go wrong.

Currently using 05 and 05-fx on a maze blade.

Rich

Sounds like a great rubber! Please report back and make a thread on these rubbers. A little review, looking forward to it Rich :)

richie19rich77
02-21-2011, 07:45 PM
I have tried several tensors from Joola, Donic and Tibhar ranges all I felt too soft, nice for hitting but lacked real spin when looping.

Milky Way Moon Medium Max 2.1 (Europa 46-48°) Red - this rubber is dead just nothing there, feels like Butterfly Roundell or Sriver g3 fx. I was disappointed as it come in a sealed bag gussing pre-tuned and I thought this would be the better of the two rubbers, but just by bouncing the ball on the rubber you could tell it had no life in it. Maybe it will break in but I doubt it.

Milky Way Mars medium 2.1 (Europa 44-46°) Black - This rubber is very nice; by bouncing the ball on the rubber you could tell it was going to be fast. But don’t get too excited; it didn’t generate the spin of Tenergy but it was a lot faster than any of the tensors that I have used and I would say faster than Tenergy. It didn’t feel like a 44-46° rubber, I know I had a few layers of booster on it but it felt soft. Would be very nice on a harder sponge, but I haven’t seen a hard version of this rubber.

I had a 30 minute knock tonight with Ives senior; who kept on putting it on the crappy moon. But I have a match on Wednesday so will see how it goes, may just get rid of the Moon now and order another sheet of Mars.

markog99
03-03-2011, 12:39 PM
i used tenergy 05.now i use donic acuda s1.its gor more rotation but slight slower.i think its even better then tenergy.for me at least

Tek101
03-03-2011, 05:59 PM
I am sooooo glad I didn't buy into the Tenergy fad........ the only think I use from butterfly is my trusty Speedy P.O on my backhand.........and they last forever :-p so the 30 bucks is warranted when I buy a sheet :-D But, try Tibhar Nimbus, I recently switched from Donic Coppa and the play is outstanding. Nimbus added a lot of spin to my game which I enjoy (I used to use sticky Chinese rubbers), and it has a lot more power. I feel it's better than Coppa so check it out!.

Ndragon
03-03-2011, 06:34 PM
But, try Tibhar Nimbus, I recently switched from Donic Coppa and the play is outstanding. Nimbus added a lot of spin to my game which I enjoy (I used to use sticky Chinese rubbers), and it has a lot more power. I feel it's better than Coppa so check it out!.

+1 Nimbus Series are my favourite

Anders
03-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Stiga Boost TX is pretty similar to play with, it's just quite a bit quicker, but it's lighter at the same time. Can't go wrong with Joola Express One either.

Nice suggestion, but I play with Joola Express Two. And I am able to generate more spin from that rubber, than with any other rubber. So if you want to pay less for your rubbers, go for it! :-)

Anders
03-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Also, I forgot to mention, the Joola Express Two has much control and very fast speed to!

Bcr
03-07-2011, 03:26 AM
Questions

How tenergy properties is different then sriver? :D I am an old supporter of sriver but I never try or use tenergy before? Besides that how different is tenergy with hurricane 3 and byrce? :D

zookato
03-11-2011, 06:03 PM
YASAKA is better

DustinZ
03-12-2011, 04:10 AM
I started out playing with geospin tacky and did so for about a year before I switched to tibhar nimbus. That was a great switch since the tacky rubbers require a lot more effort to make shots from off the table. I played with the nimbus for about 6-8 months and it was great for everything, but felt that it wore out, playing about 2-3 times a week on average for 3-4 hours a day it had lost its initial pop and spin. So I started looking around for new rubber thinking tenergy would fit my looping game and it was awful for me. While warming up cross court looping and blocking felt great, but in play I just couldn't get used to it, it felt like there was a lack of grip and I couldn't get an arch on the ball so everything was going long. So I went on amazon and looked around and found tibhar genius which turned out to be the perfect next step from nimbus.. It has a bit more 'pop' to it and a bit more spin than nimbus did. The only thing different between nimbus and genius was the weight genius is a lot heavier. Genius is a good alternative to tenergy since it was $34.99 a sheet compared to tenergy's stupid prices haha

bFeee
03-12-2011, 04:54 AM
Why can actually allow the Butterfly Tenergy to make it so expensive?
I find it full of **** even if the Tenergy may be good. I think it's ridiculous

nima
03-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Anyone who tried the Galaxy Moon, Sun or Mars V2 who are supposed to be copies of tenergy? are they anything like tenergy?

major
03-14-2011, 12:31 AM
Has anyone tried Acuda S1?

bFeee
03-14-2011, 05:29 AM
Although a replacement would be found for the Tenergy there is unfortunately no brand can compete with the durability of the right Tenergy.

RobinTT91
03-14-2011, 01:18 PM
I used Tenergy 05-FX and right now I'm using the professional versions of Tenergy 05 and 64. There's nothing you can compare exactly with a Tenergy, but for me the best alternative was the Vega Pro from Xiom.

PandaMike
03-14-2011, 02:55 PM
So True! They are so expensive for us broke people lol

kaikaz
03-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Xiom omega europe!!!!!!!! 38 euro and its awesome! faster than tenergy!

unagidon
03-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Xiom omega europe!!!!!!!! 38 euro and its awesome! faster than tenergy!

i heard xiom omega europe doesn't last long though

i'm using donic acuda s3 for 3 months now. it is still good.

lgreggs
03-22-2011, 08:43 PM

Ive heard good things about donic acuda aswell!

markog99
03-22-2011, 08:49 PM
acuda s1 is the BEST donic rubber for me.it has the strongest rotation of ALL the rubbers in the world and has got decent speed(slightly less than tenergy).

markog99
03-22-2011, 08:52 PM
me.powerfull rotation but slghtly slower than t-05
Has anyone tried Acuda S1?

markog99
03-22-2011, 08:53 PM
I used Tenergy 05-FX and right now I'm using the professional versions of Tenergy 05 and 64. There's nothing you can compare exactly with a Tenergy, but for me the best alternative was the Vega Pro from Xiom.

what ARE tha PROFESSIONAL versions of t-05 and 64?

snotvod
03-29-2011, 08:02 AM
After looking around for quite a while it's the tenergy that stick. Tried the desto's, bryce's, srivers,... Always came back to my tenergy. I did however move from Tenergy 05 to Tenergy 05fx. My playing style is rather straight forward. I never move away from my table, once I do that I'm lost. Blocking on my backhand with the thinner Tenergy, swinging away with my forehand. The thinner 1.9 Tenergy even allows a decent pushing.
Sure it's expensive, but it works for me and above that I can play with a set of rubbers for a whole season. Many of the others ones I tried didn't last for half a season (training twice a week, competition once). So what's better, buying a 30euro sheet twice a year or once the sheet you love at 60 euro ??

kaikaz
03-29-2011, 01:02 PM

Im using mine for 4 months of 2-3 times a week training and 1 time competition and its still good. Have to say I use a layer of boost tho. Dont know if that even helps to make a rubber last longer

kaikaz
03-29-2011, 01:05 PM
what ARE tha PROFESSIONAL versions of t-05 and 64?

Factories make one big square of rubber and then they cut out little squares, the middle part of the big rubber square is the best part and thats what professional players get, because it has the most quality. The outside of the big rubber square is for the stores. Thats what we play with. I played with a rubber of a professional once and it does kinda feel different but its not going to make you play better, I mean its not like you go from rookie to professional just because of the rubbers.

UpSideDownCarl
04-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Has anyone tried the Cornilleau rubbers: Pilot Advance, Pilot Power? I don't know what they cost but I like the way they feel. I think they have that expensive Japanese/Euro rubber price though.

Saviga from Dawei is an interesting rubber. It is quite inexpensive ($16.00 a sheet or something like that), it is pretty darn good, especially for the price. It is a Chinese rubber even though it says made in Japan on it. :) It plays like a strange cross between Chinese and Japanese rubber. It is a little slower than Tenergy but nice and spinny. The sponge is a little harder than Tenergy but it has some spring to it. The sponge has a different feel from a lot of Chinese rubbers. The topsheet is not very tacky, it is not "non-tacky" but it is not tacky. It plays quite well. The only problem with this rubber is that it is really heavy. That never bothers me, but I know it bothers some people.

The Gambler rubbers seem to a decent product for the price as well ($14.00 per sheet). They are no where near as good as Saviga, but they play more like a Euro/Japanese rubber, they do not feel like a Chinese rubber at all to me.

All that said, I still love Tenergy 05 and don't think anything really can compare.

chughtai
04-10-2011, 07:03 AM
killerspin fortsimmio i think can be a substitute

YosuaYosan
04-10-2011, 09:00 AM
Have you tried adidas' rubber.
My friend said that it is almost the same with tenergy 05.

lgreggs
06-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Have you tried adidas' rubber.
My friend said that it is almost the same with tenergy 05.

I want to know more about these adidas rubbers. Can you get your friend to make a review of them if he has the time. I'm not brave enough to try them myself? lol

YosuaYosan
06-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Better search an online review sire..
My friend havent used many rubber, and he only tried it once (its not his rubber not to say he forgot what blade is used)..

I think I could provide a link :
http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/adidas-p5.html

CJ
06-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Ive never tried anything as good as tenergy 05 i have tried the donic acuda s1 rubber and its not bad, but again not as good as t 05

WiWa
06-06-2011, 08:10 AM

Xiom Vega Pro is a very worthy replacement for the 05. Also I heard people about Haifu Whale being a good replacement. There's different versions of this rubber though, so I'm not sure. But I'd really give Xiom a shot. Butterfly pricing themselves out of the market.

Steve23
06-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Heard rakza 7 is close as well

KevinTT
06-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Sriver EL 2,1mm whith much BOOOOSTER :D

olvarox
06-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Hi there

I've switched to Tibhar Aurus Sound 2.1 on FH and 1.9 on BH. This suits me really well.
The 'Sound' version is prolly too soft for Tenergy-Addicts, but the Aurus would probably be similar to the 05 and the Aurus Soft would be similar to 64.

I've posted an elaborate review of the Aurus sound rubber on this forum, just look it up.

At 36.90 euros, it's a decent replacement for Tenergy and I really, genuinely think it matches its qualities.

I'm really excited to hear news from people who tried these rubbers as well!

greetz

YosuaYosan
06-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Yeah, Aurus sound is a great replacement but the throw angle is much lower IMO

UpSideDownCarl
06-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Hurricane III Neo is good. If you put a little boost on, it is amazing. I more than just like Tenergy but, if it has been boosted, Hurricane III Neo is sort of like a super-rubber.

olvarox
06-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Ordered an Aurus Soft today, should be arriving next week, I'll keep u posted for a review...

Rhydian
06-09-2011, 06:55 AM
Hey guys, there are people in my club that play with:
- Joola X-Plode
- Donic Coppa X1 (Gold)
- Donic X1 Turbo (Platin)
- Donic Coppa J.O (Platin, Gold, Silver)

How are these in comparison with the Tenergy's? (I'm using Tenergy 05 ^^)

kaikaz
06-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Hey guys, there are people in my club that play with:
- Joola X-Plode
- Donic Coppa X1 (Gold)
- Donic X1 Turbo (Platin)
- Donic Coppa J.O (Platin, Gold, Silver)

How are these in comparison with the Tenergy's? (I'm using Tenergy 05 ^^)

None of them are close to tenergy rubbers. I would almost say that the donic rubbers are rubbish. Poor quality, poor durability, not much spin, some of them have good speed but thats about it.

The joola x-plode sensitive is a pretty decent rubber. Got good speed and spin, durability is ok too but not like tenergy. He doesnt have the real feeling of tenergy but I think no rubber does. Joola has pretty good rubbers so if you want to try a decent rubber, you can try the joola x plode.

But I still stick to my rubbers, which I think comes the closest to tenergy: Xiom omega 4 europe. Its a pretty hard rubber, not like a chinese rubber and if you want to play with an even harder rubber you can try the Asian version of xiom.

Xiom rubbers have lots of spin, I think even more than tenergy. durability is awesome, control is great, looping is easy, short game is easy. The only downside might be its really fast, but I think you just need to get used to it. Got my rubbers for almost 4 + months and im playing about 3 times a week now, normally i play 4 times a week but now its off season.

My list of decent rubbers

Joola rubbers like the xpress series, the energy soft series if you like softer rubbers and of course the xplode sensitive.
Stiga Boost rubbers are pretty decent.
Xiom rubbers.

P.S: I wouldnt try anything of Donic. They change their rubbers every year and a half or something, like the coppa series. Then you need to find a new rubber and get used to it again.
Stiga, tibhar, joola, xiom keep their rubbers for a much longer time.

PongPing
06-09-2011, 11:19 AM
I am currently using Tenergy. So far it is the best rubber for me. I am using it on my forehand, while Bryce on may Backhand. I have tried other rubbers.. I could say, nothing can get close to the performance of Tenergy.

YosuaYosan
06-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Lol..
Tenergy lovers :P

Blackhawk737
06-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Hi there guyz, in my opinion Adidas P5 is the one that plays the most as T05. I had 1 year and a half using Tenergy 64, and the change was barely noticed when trying to adapt to the new rubber. It has almost same feeling than T05, but is a bit slower, even tho u get great spin and better control when playing short game inside the table. Also when playing mid to long range shots, it gives best control and feel. Only thing I dun like about it is that is not that durable as T05. Also worth to notice, the Adidas P5 got almost the same throwing angle, so adapting to it will take like no time. Hope u can find this info helpful. Greetings fellow players xD

YosuaYosan
06-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Really wanted to try this P5 rubber !
Many ppl have said it is even better than T05 !

chughtai
06-09-2011, 07:15 PM
how much is p5 worth

YosuaYosan
06-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Go Google it buddy !
I assume its around 45 eur :D

Rhydian
06-09-2011, 08:06 PM
None of them are close to tenergy rubbers. I would almost say that the donic rubbers are rubbish. Poor quality, poor durability, not much spin, some of them have good speed but thats about it.

The joola x-plode sensitive is a pretty decent rubber. Got good speed and spin, durability is ok too but not like tenergy. He doesnt have the real feeling of tenergy but I think no rubber does. Joola has pretty good rubbers so if you want to try a decent rubber, you can try the joola x plode.

But I still stick to my rubbers, which I think comes the closest to tenergy: Xiom omega 4 europe. Its a pretty hard rubber, not like a chinese rubber and if you want to play with an even harder rubber you can try the Asian version of xiom.

Xiom rubbers have lots of spin, I think even more than tenergy. durability is awesome, control is great, looping is easy, short game is easy. The only downside might be its really fast, but I think you just need to get used to it. Got my rubbers for almost 4 + months and im playing about 3 times a week now, normally i play 4 times a week but now its off season.

My list of decent rubbers

Joola rubbers like the xpress series, the energy soft series if you like softer rubbers and of course the xplode sensitive.
Stiga Boost rubbers are pretty decent.
Xiom rubbers.

P.S: I wouldnt try anything of Donic. They change their rubbers every year and a half or something, like the coppa series. Then you need to find a new rubber and get used to it again.
Stiga, tibhar, joola, xiom keep their rubbers for a much longer time.

Thanks mate, this is very helpfull!!

spider
08-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Xiom vega pro is the closest I've found

Bensmithbortey
08-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Try DHS TinArc or DHS TinArc 3 I heard it like Tenergy 05.

Bai
09-26-2011, 08:28 AM
donic S1 have a fast speed and top spin

Mr. RicharD
09-27-2011, 06:25 AM
As I've said before instead of trying to find better rubbers and "what plays like tenergy" work on your technique with whatever you can get your hands on so that you can play at the level needed for Tenergy. IMO I find a lot of players who use Tenergy have the worst technique I've ever seen because they just want the next best thing. Technique is what creates spin and speed not the equipment. I've played people with Tenergy who can't even use it correctly and produce dead balls quite often. Your technique should be what's worked on not your wallet to go buy each new rubber that comes out.

YosuaYosan
09-27-2011, 11:00 AM
As I've said before instead of trying to find better rubbers and "what plays like tenergy" work on your technique with whatever you can get your hands on so that you can play at the level needed for Tenergy. IMO I find a lot of players who use Tenergy have the worst technique I've ever seen because they just want the next best thing. Technique is what creates spin and speed not the equipment. I've played people with Tenergy who can't even use it correctly and produce dead balls quite often. Your technique should be what's worked on not your wallet to go buy each new rubber that comes out.

Haha 95% agreed sir.
Thats what I believe too.

But sometimes some equipment is just not right for someone.
A good example is begineers who choose MAX sponge and tensioned rubbers.

UpSideDownCarl
09-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Haha 95% agreed sir.
Thats what I believe too.

But sometimes some equipment is just not right for someone.
A good example is begineers who choose MAX sponge and tensioned rubbers.

I agree too. The equipment does not matter as much as the technique. And a good player can play with anything.

moriguchi2
09-28-2011, 11:23 PM
JOOLA PHOENIX POWER 48 Sponge is BETTER than tenergy 05. I have been playing with T05 for 2 years and Phoenix is spinnier, faster, higher arc, and last alot longer than tenergy. I picked it up DURING a tournament and won 2 events like i have been playing with Phoenix for years. Also it only costs $60 USD which is cheaper than tenergy. i highly recommend it!!

YosuaYosan
09-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Oh and for me Nianmor is BETTER than T05. Heck yeaassh >: )

YosuaYosan
11-24-2011, 03:57 PM
really
I was wondering if there was a rubber with similar characteristics that would be a suitable replacement.

Tried my friend's red Adidas P05 in an old Gergely Blade.
Played better than Tenergy imo :)

waldner4ever
11-24-2011, 04:45 PM
I was looking for an alternative for a while... and i heard about Haifu rubbers!
So i bough a sheet of Haifu whale, and hated it at first since the characteristics area more like chinese, and then realize that people were saying that the shark version was the one similar to tenergy 05. But since i've already bought my sheet, I stuck with it and now love it!

UpSideDownCarl
11-24-2011, 05:21 PM
I think the best alternative is to get sponsored by Butterfly and change your rubbers every day. If they are giving them to you for free money is no object. :)

No, joking aside, they are expensive, and I can use anything, being honest. But nothing seems as good to me. The Xiom rubbers are fine. I really like them. I would probably use them. But there are a lot of good rubbers out there.

YosuaYosan
11-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Hmm :\
Tenergy only cost around 30 USD before the pro use them and bty get their names on it.

UpSideDownCarl
11-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Hmm :\
Tenergy only cost around 30 USD before the pro use them and bty get their names on it.

I never saw it at $30.00 USD but Butterfly definitely raised the price on it a few times. By the time I started paying more attention better equipment and the Glue Effect rubbers, I saw Tenergy go from $55.00 to $65.00 to $75.00 USD. Each of those jumps are a lot. I can get Tuple rubber for $10.00 a sheet. Tuple is not bad rubber especially for the price. But, Tenergy is definitely what feels best for the backhand to me.

Ironically, part of why I started using DHS rubbers on the forehand (Skyline then Hurricane), was because I thought they would last longer and they are cheaper. Now I really like using them. They do something that is really good for the forehand. But, I have worn out two Hurricanes and a Skyline and am still using the same Tenergy 05 on my backhand. Now my forehand rubber always wears out faster than my backhand. But not that much faster. And I wore dead spots right at my main contact point in all three DHS rubbers. The spot where I contact the ball the most and hardest on my forehand felt like Anti-Spin it was so slick.

YosuaYosan
11-25-2011, 09:05 PM
I never saw it at $30.00 USD but Butterfly definitely raised the price on it a few times. By the time I started paying more attention better equipment and the Glue Effect rubbers, I saw Tenergy go from $55.00 to $65.00 to $75.00 USD. Each of those jumps are a lot. I can get Tuple rubber for $10.00 a sheet. Tuple is not bad rubber especially for the price. But, Tenergy is definitely what feels best for the backhand to me.

Ironically, part of why I started using DHS rubbers on the forehand (Skyline then Hurricane), was because I thought they would last longer and they are cheaper. Now I really like using them. They do something that is really good for the forehand. But, I have worn out two Hurricanes and a Skyline and am still using the same Tenergy 05 on my backhand. Now my forehand rubber always wears out faster than my backhand. But not that much faster. And I wore dead spots right at my main contact point in all three DHS rubbers. The spot where I contact the ball the most and hardest on my forehand felt like Anti-Spin it was so slick.

Oops sorry, I think it was 30 EUR or pounds.
But talking about durability, I think you are totally right Sir. Somehow Tenergy got that massive durability, must be the excellent build quality :)
I am thinking if it is better to buy a Teney rather than worning out some ESN rubber but I always come back to ESN rubbers :D

Anders
11-25-2011, 10:35 PM
depends on how often you play sir Yosua.. If you practise as often as me, 2 times per day, you'll have to change at least once a month either way.. So the durability is probably like Tenergy/Calibra/Pulse rubbers last one week longer than ESN rubbers. So it aint that big difference ;)

You just have to figure out what suits you best, and go with it.

But if you only play, like 2-3 times a week, then you might consider how long they last.. And then I would go with a long lasting rubber from either the Tenergy, Calibra or Pulse - series.

Btw, the reason for why im writing Pulse in the same cathegory as Calibra and Tenergy, is that I find them quite the same. As I have played with all of them, them seem like, act like and sounds like to each other. Very good rubbers there from both STIGA, Butterfly and Cornilleau. :)

Mr. RicharD
11-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Greggs - if you want cheap booster / speed glue buy some rubber cement and paint thinner in the big cans and mix them in 1:10 ratio. 1 being the cement. It'll last for like 2-5 years depending on how you glue. If you want something that's similar you could buy some Biobooster (legal booster) and boost some 729-5. It's very similar in trajectory, spin, speed, but is not as sensitive returning spin. Plus if you use the water based glue (tear mender - about 10 times cheaper than the name brand stuff) you can peel it off and reboost it every 3 months.

How I boost with biobooster (from dandoysports.com) is Put 7 layers of the biobooster (takes about an hour to let each layer dry for 5 mins or so) Then let it sit out for a day reboost same time next day this time 5 layers and let sit for another 24 hours and reboost again for 3-5 layers. By the second day it'll be curled up like crazy and you have to let it sit out for 7-10 days until it falls back to it's semi flat self. Then glue and have at it.

As for Tenergy Prices wow I remember them at $35.00 for their original sale price. They were going for $25.00 when premade at paddle palace. $50.00 blade plus $50.00 for 2 sheets of 05 on it.

Then they went to 40-45 which I remember making some money off of. Found the guy at NJTTC selling them for like 41 a sheet bought like 10 sheets and sold them for 45 from my home clubs. Then it shot up to 55 and then finally 75. There were a few people ripping people off by selling it at 95 when it was sold out everywhere for a time. That is just rude. I mean those guys really take advantage of people when they can.

TheProPlayer
11-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Hi,
I'm new here, and i registered this website to ask a question.
Did anyone tried to contact Chinese stores directly to get the tenergy 05? I did a simple search with Google translate on china and seen the tenergy 05 for sale from 8-18$ !
The problem is i don't know Chinese and the translate is far from perfect so i can't contact them so if a Chinese speaker can help us with that it would be great.

Scorpnox
11-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Hi,
I'm new here, and i registered this website to ask a question.
Did anyone tried to contact Chinese stores directly to get the tenergy 05? I did a simple search with Google translate on china and seen the tenergy 05 for sale from 8-18$ !
The problem is i don't know Chinese and the translate is far from perfect so i can't contact them so if a Chinese speaker can help us with that it would be great.

18 dollars ? Oo
These are fake my friend

TheProPlayer
11-27-2011, 01:41 PM
18 dollars ? Oo
These are fake my friend

Don't be so sure, I have checked many websites and they all show the same price range (it's expensive rubber there, other rubbers cost 1-5$ just do a simple check) but the websites are in chinese. If someone who knows chinese will check it for us it will be awesome.

Dan
11-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Don't be so sure, I have checked many websites and they all show the same price range (it's expensive rubber there, other rubbers cost 1-5$ just do a simple check) but the websites are in chinese. If someone who knows chinese will check it for us it will be awesome.

Hey.

Yeah its been said there are many sites in China selling fake Tenergys. Theres a thread showing the differences between a fake and real tenergy on the site here.

By the way thanks for joining the site ProPlayer :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Justchill
11-27-2011, 04:58 PM
everything from China is mostly fake :)
Is their national sport to copy stuff

TheProPlayer
11-28-2011, 08:02 AM
Hey.

Yeah its been said there are many sites in China selling fake Tenergys. Theres a thread showing the differences between a fake and real tenergy on the site here.

By the way thanks for joining the site ProPlayer :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Thanks for clarifying. I thought I had a "discovery". I asked some friends who visited in china and they told me that the prices are pretty much the same there. so it must be fake.

And thanks Dan, I'm glad to be here, it looks like you have a great community here.

darkky_65
12-08-2011, 12:35 PM
i suggest yakasa rakza7 but they say you need plenty of time to adjust to it :))
some say its even better

grarob
12-08-2011, 02:36 PM
When I started playing again after many years off I looked up the world champions i.e. chinese teams and they all used DHS rubbers. I looked up the database of all rubbers and sought the spinniest with most control. It seemed to me that there was a good place to start. Tried quite a few but now on Hurricane 3 neo both sides and I cannot imagine there is a better one.

YosuaYosan
12-08-2011, 05:46 PM
depends on how often you play sir Yosua.. If you practise as often as me, 2 times per day, you'll have to change at least once a month either way.. So the durability is probably like Tenergy/Calibra/Pulse rubbers last one week longer than ESN rubbers. So it aint that big difference ;)

You just have to figure out what suits you best, and go with it.

But if you only play, like 2-3 times a week, then you might consider how long they last.. And then I would go with a long lasting rubber from either the Tenergy, Calibra or Pulse - series.

Btw, the reason for why im writing Pulse in the same cathegory as Calibra and Tenergy, is that I find them quite the same. As I have played with all of them, them seem like, act like and sounds like to each other. Very good rubbers there from both STIGA, Butterfly and Cornilleau. :)

Whoa, don't sir me Bro, just a 17 year old boy :P

Ahh it seems that many is still searching for 'alternatives' to T05 hehe

Mr. RicharD
12-10-2011, 01:11 AM
H3 Neo is best used on the Forehand. Most of the Chinese Men's team uses DHS on the forehand and Tenergy on the backhand. The exceptions would be Stiga Calibra LT on XX's BH, Sriver EL Bryce Sponge for WH backhand, Bryce Speed Ma Lin's BH. and maybe one or two others, but they all use I believe H3 Neo and Skyline 2 or 3 Neo.

RobinTT91
12-10-2011, 04:46 PM
H3 Neo is best used on the Forehand. Most of the Chinese Men's team uses DHS on the forehand and Tenergy on the backhand. The exceptions would be Stiga Calibra LT on XX's BH, Sriver EL Bryce Sponge for WH backhand, Bryce Speed Ma Lin's BH. and maybe one or two others, but they all use I believe H3 Neo and Skyline 2 or 3 Neo.

Yeah, but everybody of them boosts the rubber, so that the H3 Neo, that we normally buy, has nothing to do with the ones the Chinese Men's team plays.

muzay
01-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Xiom Omega 4 Pro is the best candidate!

Rhydian
01-21-2012, 10:19 PM
Really? Isn't it harder than T05?
I'm using Xiom Omega 4 Europe. Great rubber and feel! My forehand loop is the same like with the T05!
Are you playing it?
If so, could you post a review in the review section? that would be great!
Sorry if the question was already made but, how are the chinese rubbers in comparison? Like Hurricane and that? I thought of buying one like these but I'm not sure! Never mind, I'm still happy with both of my Xiom's :)

Der_Echte
01-22-2012, 02:31 AM
I have recently tried out Calibra LT and Tibhar Aurus. Neither are the same properties as T05, which excelled at good feel for the ball and excellent control with heavy, high spin, plus the superior counterlooping control.

These rubbers have their own excellent properties and are both good enough to make me not ever want to pay for Tenergy ever again. I can use either on FH and I have the most picky FH of anyone on this planet. Just after two weeks of using both Aurus and Calibra was enough to know they can replace Tenergy, even if they do not have the same ball grab as Tenergy. My recent results confirm it. I am playing the best TT of my time here in Korea. Of course, any couple factors can come into play, especially a particularly good rest and nutrition cycle or not being pissed off (like the military tends to permanently try to make you), yet with either Calibra or Aurus on FH, I am winning more points, making better quality openers, landing the ball deeper and faster, and overall troubling my opponents a lot more than before. I have better results vs our club #1 player and when I visited my old club a couple times recently, I have had much better success vs teh better players. i win 3-1 or 3-2 where I was losing 1-3. Or, I go 2-3 or 1-3 where I was getting wiped out 0-3 never getting 9 points.

EDIT: If I wasn't clear, I was using T05 on FH before switching to Aurus and Claibra on the TBS. I have used T05 for over a year as the FH rubber of choice, until now that is.

I can either stay in rallies or take them over with ether rubber, just like when I had T05 on FH. Aurus is actually harder sponge than Calibra by a tad, but it plays much softer. Must be the topsheet being real supple. I like that a lot. Aurus costs right under $40 USD here in Korea at TAK9.com and about $5-$10 USD at their distributor, Paddle Pallace.

My Korean friends are talking a lot (of really good things) about Tibhar 1Q, and it sounds like it is like Aurus on steroids with a Tenergy feel. Gunna have to try it out. Costs 30% more than Aurus, ($52 USD http://www.nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1288 but still way less than Tenergy. Maybe I can talk TAK9.com president into giving me a sheet with my next round of rubbers. 1Q sounds like it will be the speed of Calibra and the throw/spin of Tenergy. If I ever get my hands on a sheet, I will write a review as complete as how I described Calibra in the "Calibra on Clipper" thread. I still haven't seen a better counterlooping rubber for my stroke than Calibra. original Outlaw had the speed and spin, but not the same feel and ability to grab and control the ball. Can't have everything, eh?

phillypong
01-29-2012, 01:05 PM
Hi guys,

A Belgian player ( i think he is a B4 so i would say about USATT 2500) who has a TT-shop has listed the rubbers he thinks are a good alternative for Tenergy 05 and here is his list :

Andro Hexer HD
Andro Roxon 500pro
Donic Acuda S1
Donic Acuda S1 Turbo
Donic Traction MS Pro
Stiga Boost TX
Stiga Calibra LT Plus
Xiom Vega Pro
Xiom Omega IV Pro
Xiom Sigma Pro
Yasaka Rakza 7

In this thread there are a few names that have already been mentioned.
If you have played any of these please give some playing characteristics!

TTPoster
01-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Try some chinese rubbers. I play DHS Hurricane III Neo and I really like it! :-)

richrf
01-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Hi guys,

A Belgian player ( i think he is a B4 so i would say about USATT 2500) who has a TT-shop has listed the rubbers he thinks are a good alternative for Tenergy 05 and here is his list :

Andro Hexer HD
Andro Roxon 500pro
Donic Acuda S1
Donic Acuda S1 Turbo
Donic Traction MS Pro
Stiga Boost TX
Stiga Calibra LT Plus
Xiom Vega Pro
Xiom Omega IV Pro
Xiom Sigma Pro
Yasaka Rakza 7

In this thread there are a few names that have already been mentioned.
If you have played any of these please give some playing characteristics!

When the Belgium players suggests alternatives, does he mean have the same playing characteristics as Tenergy rubbers or just rubbers that can be used that have their own good spin/speed/control characteristics?

I play with Razka 7 and am looking to replace it and have tried out T05, T25, and T64. Of the Tenergy rubbers, T64 is most to my liking but I can't say I am trilled with it. For me, Razka 7 doesn't play at all like any of the Tenergy rubbers (the players at my club agree). Razka is an ESN Tensor and plays like one. My opponents can quickly tell the difference when I am playing with Razka vs. Tenergy (Tenergy 64 suiting me the best). Rakza 7 can produce lots of spin and has a good catapulting effect with a corresponding loss of feel and control (at least in my hands). I also find that it does not have the consistency or linearity of Tenergy. The rubber simply has its own characteristics which may be agreeable to some players (not me, I hate it), but for me it doesn't have any resemblance to and of the Tenergy rubbers. I would hesitate to guess that none of the ESN Tensor rubbers play like Tenergy but it will be interesting to hear what other forum members have to say.

phillypong
01-29-2012, 03:21 PM
When the Belgium players suggests alternatives, does he mean have the same playing characteristics as Tenergy rubbers or just rubbers that can be used that have their own good spin/speed/control characteristics?

I play with Razka 7 and am looking to replace it and have tried out T05, T25, and T64. Of the Tenergy rubbers, T64 is most to my liking but I can't say I am trilled with it. For me, Razka 7 doesn't play at all like any of the Tenergy rubbers (the players at my club agree). Razka is an ESN Tensor and plays like one. My opponents can quickly tell the difference when I am playing with Razka vs. Tenergy (Tenergy 64 suiting me the best). Rakza 7 can produce lots of spin and has a good catapulting effect with a corresponding loss of feel and control (at least in my hands). I also find that it does not have the consistency or linearity of Tenergy. The rubber simply has its own characteristics which may be agreeable to some players (not me, I hate it), but for me it doesn't have any resemblance to and of the Tenergy rubbers. I would hesitate to guess that none of the ESN Tensor rubbers play like Tenergy but it will be interesting to hear what other forum members have to say.

Rakza is NOT a ESN Tensor rubber (ESN is a German company), Rakza is made in Japan ! Not one ESN rubber is made in Japan !

This list is a list that suggest rubbers that are similar to T05, with similar he means equally speedy and spinny and performing rubbers. These rubbers may not be equally playing like Tenergy but should be competitive.
I know the ESN rubbers are very spinny and speedy (more than a normal rubber like a sriver), i have never played a Tenergy, because i really doubt that it is worth the 60€ they cost now in Europe.
I really wonder what magic formula Tenergy must have , since no other manufacturer seems to be able to create the same feel as Tenergy has.

I have tried a Yinhe (Galaxy) Sun in 2,2 mm red that should be an imitation of Tenergy 25 and am VERY disappointed, average speed, average control, lower than average spin, a normal sriver is definitely better. Yinhe claims that their Moon would be similar to a T05 . I dont want to test that because this will surely be completely wrong too.

Davidex
01-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Guys, if u want rubber whit awesome fell,control, spin, speed, and litle softer sponge, ill recommend Acuda s3 from donic. But there is more versions, s3 is best for blocking and 3rd attacking. on Bh ... best rubber for Bh i ever tryed. Acuda s1 is HARD REALLY HARD, Acuda s2 is MEDIUM, Acuda s3 is soft... I will use acuda s3 for entire life... the best rubber ever+ 1 sheet costs 40 €. like i sad if ur looking for nice rubber i recommend ACUDA S3, not s2 or s1... ACUDA S3.. If you want, try u will se :)

YosuaYosan
01-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Try some chinese rubbers. I play DHS Hurricane III Neo and I really like it! :-)

Yes indeed!
Its like T05, chinese version!

Its very different tho but it is worth a try :)

richrf
01-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Rakza is NOT a ESN Tensor rubber (ESN is a German company), Rakza is made in Japan ! Not one ESN rubber is made in Japan !

Hi,

According to a thread on MyTT Rakza is an ESN but if I am incorrect, then I stand corrected. The comments on Rakza 7 may interest you and help you in your decision but unfortunately I cannot post the link directly. It is titled: Yasaka Rakza 7: anyone know about this rubber?

GianniiD
01-29-2012, 06:16 PM
xiom vega :D

phillypong
01-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi,

According to a thread on MyTT Rakza is an ESN but if I am incorrect, then I stand corrected. The comments on Rakza 7 may interest you and help you in your decision but unfortunately I cannot post the link directly. It is titled: Yasaka Rakza 7: anyone know about this rubber?

Indeed you may be right, i found a picture of the Yasaka Rakza 7 (backside of the packaging) and there you can clearly read : made in Germany. Strange because Yasaka is a Japanese company ,which is also visible on the picture).

Jamie_f2
02-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Haven't the chinese come up with an equivalent for the Tenergy? I don't know what it's called but is probably cheaper!!

YosuaYosan
02-03-2012, 02:47 PM
I guess everyone is still confused between the term tensor, ESN, tensioned rubbers, etc..
Heres a link for your info:
ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3906

richrf
02-03-2012, 03:45 PM
I guess everyone is still confused between the term tensor, ESN, tensioned rubbers, etc..
Heres a link for your info:
ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3906

Hi,

Thanks for the link. I read the thread and unfortunately it does little to settle the confusion. It may be impossible. My takeaway was this:

1) If the packaging has one of the ESN Tensor or Tensor Bios logos on it then it is definitely a Tensor since Tensor is a trademark of ESN.

2) If it is Made in Germany it may or may not be a Tensor. Certain companies such as Donic, Yasaka, and Tibhar have bought the rights (presumably) to use Tensor rubber without having to put the logo on their packaging. They use their own marketing terms.

3) There are many companies in Germany that manufacturer rubbers. However, the only company specifically mentioned.

So confusion seems to reign unless I mis-read the thread. In the case of Rakza, we know it is manufactured in Germany and that Yasaka has its own Hybrid Energy logo that it uses. This may or may not be an ESN rubber since apparently Yasaka has the rights to use its own logo even if it is a ESN Tensor rubber.

As I said, the thread was very confusing and I am not sure that any conclusions were reached, just many questions.

phillypong
03-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Anyone who tried the Galaxy Moon, Sun or Mars V2 who are supposed to be copies of tenergy? are they anything like tenergy?

I tried a red 2,2mm Yinhe Sun (the soft 33° version), it is really slow and not spinny enough. I didn't like it at all ! It is definitely not an alternative for Tenergy , i would NOT recommend these rubbers from Yinhe as a Tenergy alternative.
Waste of money IMO.

Knuckle Ball
03-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Gambler Outlaw! good speed, good spin, awesome control. Not very durable. But what the heck, you can buy six Gambler sheets for the cost of one Tenergy!

cmetsbeltran15
03-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Gambler Outlaw! good speed, good spin, awesome control. Not very durable. But what the heck, you can buy six Gambler sheets for the cost of one Tenergy!

gambler outlaw, substitution for tenergy 05?

no, just no.

Mr. RicharD
03-09-2012, 04:40 AM
Outlaw has a lower throw and plays more like a sriver with speed glue.

Most European rubber companies are manufactured through ESN's companies. So all in all most Euro rubbers are made by ESN. And actually I believe the ESN may own a manufacturer in Japan because I know JOOLA has some of their rubbers made in Japan. I can't remember exactly the company that owns that manufacturer, but if it is ESN then likely Razka is made by ESN. What people have to realize is that ESN is international not just a German company.

As for the topic I can now conclude and even hope that players will try out the Adidas P series or Tenzone series. They are without a doubt better in every category than the Tenergy Series. I've played with them for a while now and I believe even Feng Tianwei and other professionals are switching to it. At the cost of Tenergy I think you're getting a much better deal with Adidas. Mostly because it's cheaper, lighter, and produces more than the Tenergy line does. Not saying Tenergy isn't a good rubber, but it certainly is over used and many players shouldn't be trying it because they suffer from lack of technique.

If I were to recommend a good basic setup to do well with I would recommend 729 or Gambler rubbers on the Forehand and backhand to start out. If you are able to rip a ball with those rubbers then your technique is improving and you might be able to upgrade to these rubbers. The problem is that all of the hype produces many players with poor technique.

kerem_erboke
03-09-2012, 06:38 AM

Yes I totaly agree with you... Unfortunately, i tried to find another solution for Tenergy because of the same reason but i could not find. If you are not a pro player then start playing with a cheap rubber. Ofcourse ruber is important but not as much as your abilities...

Mattis
03-09-2012, 08:12 AM
I play Tenergy 05 on FH and today the postman brings me the DHS Hurricane 3 Neo :-) can't wait to try this rubber!

JustAlt
03-10-2012, 07:03 AM
I play Tenergy 05 on FH and today the postman brings me the DHS Hurricane 3 Neo :-) can't wait to try this rubber!

Well, it will be very different for sure. First it will probably feel completely dead to you, but it needs some time to break in. Even after the brake-in period it will probably feel slow because it isn't a bouncy catapult rubber. But keep playing with it for a while and see what happens.

olvarox
03-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Is it just me, or are there other players around that don't like playing Tenergy 05?
I tried it for 4 months or so and the result is my FH is now totally screwed. Been practising like a mad-dog to get my killing FH topspin back since the 05 tragedy. I'm really angry with the rubber.
I don't play it anymore, but Nimbus Soft was probably the best rubber I've ever played with.
I like the TE05fx 1.9 on my BH, and I'm now about to try the TE64 on the FH

PingPonger
03-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Anyone tried Hurricane 3 Neo in BH?

cmetsbeltran15
03-10-2012, 04:49 PM

hurricanes are not for the backhand

yurybarquero
03-10-2012, 06:11 PM
hurricanes are not for the backhand

Just because the CNT does not use them for their backhands that does not mean that they cannot be used in the backhand. I have seen actually quite a bunch of people that like it on the backhand because of the control that it has and how easy it is to lift backspin. The only problem is that they cannot attack with a lot of speed as they can do it with the forehand due to the full swing and the body weight transfer. That is why they work more their footwork since their main shot is the forehand and the backhand is just an additional shot which sometimes is only used to keep the rally going. Now if you want to have full speed with your backhand that is why you have tension sponge rubbers or rubbers with springy sponge. It all depends on what you like and the style of play of each player...

cmetsbeltran15
03-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Just because the CNT does not use them for their backhands that does not mean that they cannot be used in the backhand. I have seen actually quite a bunch of people that like it on the backhand because of the control that it has and how easy it is to lift backspin. The only problem is that they cannot attack with a lot of speed as they can do it with the forehand due to the full swing and the body weight transfer. That is why they work more their footwork since their main shot is the forehand and the backhand is just an additional shot which sometimes is only used to keep the rally going. Now if you want to have full speed with your backhand that is why you have tension sponge rubbers or rubbers with springy sponge. It all depends on what you like and the style of play of each player...

don't assume i said that based on the chinese team because i didn't. fact of the matter is just generally not practical for the full range of backhand strokes and the backhand mechanics

yurybarquero
03-11-2012, 01:01 AM
don't assume i said that based on the chinese team because i didn't. fact of the matter is just generally not practical for the full range of backhand strokes and the backhand mechanics

Sorry but it is just that many people do so and i generalized the idea without any meaning of offending you. Besides that, if there are people that are happy using Hurricane 3 Neo in the BH, I dont see why somebody else wouldn´t try it...

I think it would´ve been wiser to explain why they should not try it and why they should go for some other rubbers. That is the idea of the forum that we can share everyone´s point of view to help each other or new players that are looking for some information...

cmetsbeltran15
03-11-2012, 01:54 AM
Sorry but it is just that many people do so and i generalized the idea without any meaning of offending you. Besides that, if there are people that are happy using Hurricane 3 Neo in the BH, I dont see why somebody else wouldn´t try it...

I think it would´ve been wiser to explain why they should not try it and why they should go for some other rubbers. That is the idea of the forum that we can share everyone´s point of view to help each other or new players that are looking for some information...

gotcha, well i think i summed up in the second post why i'd recommend against it :)

UpSideDownCarl
03-11-2012, 12:54 PM

I agree with this. Hurricane is a great rubber for the forehand but not so great for the backhand. More on why, because the backhand stroke is a short stroke, it is much better to use how you generate mechanical spin from a softer sponge with a non-tacky, grippy topsheet than the how you generate spin with a hard sponge and a tacky topsheet for the backhand. It also helps you get more power in your loops but, it gives you much more control in looping underspin, short, over the table than you would have with Hurricane. And then when you need the extra power, the backhand stroke is not big enough to get that from Hurricane sponge so the Euro/Japanese type soft rubber is much better for giving you that extra pop on your backhand loops. But Hurricane is a great rubber for the forehand. Many gears for the forehand's range of strokes.

I also know people who have used Hurricane on the backhand, so you can do it. But I don't know anyone who did it for intelligent reasons and I don't know anyone who did that and would not have been better served by having a different rubber on their backhand.

On the subject of whether Hurricane is a good replacement for Tenergy on the forehand, in one sense, no and in another sense, yes. Hurricane is not a replacement for Tenergy because it is such a very different kind of rubber. But Hurricane is one of the best rubbers for the forehand, so, if you get used to it, it might be better than Tenergy for the forehand. But someone who is used to Tenergy and Euro/Japanese rubbers might have to take a few weeks to a month to get used to Hurricane before they would be able to fully utilize it, but, in many ways, it is a better rubber for the forehand than Tenergy.

Xiom Vega Pro, Xiom Omega III, Euro, Asia, and Xiom Omega IV Euro, Asia and Pro are all great, less expensive replacements for Tenergy.

I keep hearing people on this forum talking about the new Rubbers from Addidas as being better than Tenergy but I have never used them yet.

Mr. RicharD
03-12-2012, 09:49 PM
H3 and Skyline3 are okay rubbers for the Backhand if you prefer a controlled or defensive game. They're great for most counters and pushes, but not so great for rallying on the BH. The best alternative for Tenergy is most likely going to be the Adidas brand. JOOLA USA is the U.S. distributor of Adidas so I've had a chance to hit with the rubbers as well as with the National Champion and Steven Chan both 2600 U.S. skill level players. They both agree that with the right marketing you will soon see a shift in the Butterfly madness. The problem in the U.S. is that a majority of players use Tenergy because they like the extra speed and spin it provides, but what they gain in those areas they lose in fundamentals and technique. Most professionals will agree that until you reach the 2250+ level as far as technique goes you really shouldn't be using Tenergy as it really hinders your stroke. There are far better rubbers to learn how to properly rip and loop a ball and Tenergy should only be an extension of your skillsets not the majority of why you make your shots.

Der_Echte
03-12-2012, 11:32 PM
I totally disagree about H3 Neo on BH. I tried it out on BH for 3-4 months. Worked perfectly OK on BH. I have a few different BH shots. The biggest ones are the BH Opening Loop with Heavy spin, the BH fast loop, and a very powerful BH drive that can be either flat or loaded with spin. I played the daughter of Lee Jae Chul (a former Korean national player who still runs a club in Mapo) the daughter is a top junior player prolly around 2400-2500 USATT. In BH to BH rallies that she liked, she had a hard time making more than 3 shots in a row. She hit some out, she hit some into the net. She told me and her father that she could not read the spin form the "Chinese" rubber. Very few players in Korea use Chinese rubber. Most use BTY, Xiom, Yasaka and such. Most Korean shakehad players have a very flat BH drive in BH to BH exchanges. I like to sometimes add spin, sometime add speed. That is what troubled her. I could do that with H3 NEO. To be fair, I can do that with my longtime BH rubber Dawei XP 2008 Super Power, an Allround OFF $7 USD Sriver replacement rubber.

Der_Echte
03-12-2012, 11:47 PM
I totally agree with Richard on too many newbs and mid level players using Tenergy without it really helping them grow. Still, every man and woman is their own man and woman and more power to them. (Oh, and more $$$ to BTY)

As for T05, there is no rubber like it out there, period. It has its own thing and no rubber does it the same way and feel.

I can suggest a couple other rubbers that get the job done very well, but way different ways than T05.

Tibhar Aurus and Stiga Calibra LT. I have written enough about these two to not repeat it here.

The thing that Richard addresses about technique is valid. However, most USA TT players do not get a chance to even half-azz properly train. Too many TT clubs are not full time dedicated facilities and the overwhelming majority of activity in any TT club in USA is matches. there are simply too many players waiting for a table in the rented gym or school facility to do any training, unless you show up right when they open SAT AM (Who gets up early on Sat AM???) with your partner, and even then, you got maybe an hour or two if you are lucky.

Training and overcoming the mistakes through awareness and training are more important for development than simply replacing FH rubber to a real spinny one. Training is real important, but outside of match play, it is unrealistic for the majority of USA club players. That USA club situation is changing and improving, (such as new full time 16 table clubs like Austin TTC in TX) but at the current moment and for the next 10 years, most USA clubs will be part time things renting out gym space and having too many players per table. USA is simply to far spread out over an entirely too large area to support multible full time clubs in each city. We would need 25,000 clubs to get to that point and right now, the number of full time clubs is easily only double digit under 100.

Knuckle Ball
03-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Also, I forgot to mention, the Joola Express Two has much control and very fast speed to!

I have tried using Joola Energy ang liked it a lot, this Express Two is now definitely on my "wish list"

TTPlayer
03-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Xiom Omega Pro

NorthAyrshireTTC
04-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Stiga Calibre is decent enough and close enough to tenergy. So is xiom omega.

igor0684
04-26-2012, 02:02 PM
обожаю yasaka

YosuaYosan
04-27-2012, 03:51 PM

Its okay (rather good for me) but probably not the best choice due to backhand's natural strokes..
There is a reason why almost all pros use Euro/Jap rubber on their backhand instead!

trevo1
05-20-2012, 10:40 AM
xiom vega pro maybe :/

trevo1
05-20-2012, 10:46 AM
does anyone know much about the xiom vega pro compared to the tenergy ?

el gato
05-20-2012, 11:56 AM

vega pro has little less spin and spin ,but is close to tenergy 05.

VenusCarboKev
05-21-2012, 01:45 AM

actually everysince i started playing i used H3 neo on FH and BH! hahah i honestly liked it...and some people at my school said my backhand was nice....but after about 5 months of playing i switched it for Skyline 3 neo....honestly i never felt the difference.......just last week though i officially traded my backhand for a sanwei t88-i because of the reviews i found of people saying its equal to more spin than tenergy....i honestly cant compare since ive only tried this dude at schools tenergy for a few mins and that was on a different blade...but i honestly really liked hurricane 3 neo for BH :D

sxTT
05-21-2012, 02:54 AM

its faster than T05, spin is less but not by a big margin but from my experience T05 is more durable than VP, both are high throw rubbers

sxTT
05-21-2012, 02:57 AM
each rubber is really different from each other so no rubber is a clone of tenergy likewise no rubber is the same as VP, right now im also looking for an alternative of T05 and ive been using Aurus for a week i say its a good alternative, both have high throw although aurus is lower but still high throw, softer by 1 or 2 degrees, cant speak of durability since its 1 only been a week since ive been using it. i also ordered a sheet of P5 and will be getting it tomorrow, many swears that its a good alternative for T05, well i thought i give it a try

virtuososiu
05-21-2012, 03:51 AM
each rubber is really different from each other so no rubber is a clone of tenergy likewise no rubber is the same as VP, right now im also looking for an alternative of T05 and ive been using Aurus for a week i say its a good alternative, both have high throw although aurus is lower but still high throw, softer by 1 or 2 degrees, cant speak of durability since its 1 only been a week since ive been using it. i also ordered a sheet of P5 and will be getting it tomorrow, many swears that its a good alternative for T05, well i thought i give it a try
Dont expect too much....its only Adidas after all....:)

Axamax
05-21-2012, 10:43 AM
What do you mean by that? adidas is one of the biggest companies in the world, and they have what it takes to make great equipment. I haven't tried any adidas rubbers yet but judging by the reviews they seem pretty good.

sxTT
05-21-2012, 01:37 PM

What do you mean by that?

phillypong
05-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Adidas has no history in table tennis (they do have in tennis for example). Adidas just went to some rubber manufacturers (are their products ESN tensors ?) like ESN and ordered some rubbers with their logo on them. They just did some marketing on their "new" rubbers and tadaa , Adidas is a table tennis supplier (and they want a piece of our money)!

As an alternative to the too expensive rubbers , maybe Tuttle Beijing 4 is good ? When you Google on this rubber , you find a nice video from Brian Pace hitting with this rubber, i think it looks promising but did anybody try this rubber and could compare with for example Tenergy 05 or Tibhar Genius ?

JustAlt
05-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Adidas has no history in table tennis (they do have in tennis for example).

Why does this matter if the rubbers are good? Personally I haven't used them but all the user reviews seem positive.

Koki Niwa hasn't got a history in adults' table tennis but he still managed to win Ma Long?

phillypong
05-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Why does this matter if the rubbers are good? Personally I haven't used them but all the user reviews seem positive.

Koki Niwa hasn't got a history in adults' table tennis but he still managed to win Ma Long?

Adidas is just another name for the same ESN Tensors , so there is nothing new created by Adidas. When you would do a blind test of rubbers you would feel no playing difference at all between all the ESN products (Joola, Tibhar,Andro, Donic ...) !! Adidas brings nothing new to table tennis material.

JustAlt
05-23-2012, 04:16 AM
Adidas is just another name for the same ESN Tensors , so there is nothing new created by Adidas. When you would do a blind test of rubbers you would feel no playing difference at all between all the ESN products (Joola, Tibhar,Andro, Donic ...) !! Adidas brings nothing new to table tennis material.

So, why is Adidas worse than any of those then?
Btw Tibhar Grip-S is made by Haifu, not ESN.
I don't love Adidas, I have never used Adidas tt equipment, I'm just trying to find out why you are so keen to prove that it's crap.
Getting big sport manufacturers can be a good thing for the sport in terms of promoting too.

sxTT
05-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Adidas has no history in table tennis (they do have in tennis for example). Adidas just went to some rubber manufacturers (are their products ESN tensors ?) like ESN and ordered some rubbers with their logo on them. They just did some marketing on their "new" rubbers and tadaa , Adidas is a table tennis supplier (and they want a piece of our money)!

As an alternative to the too expensive rubbers , maybe Tuttle Beijing 4 is good ? When you Google on this rubber , you find a nice video from Brian Pace hitting with this rubber, i think it looks promising but did anybody try this rubber and could compare with for example Tenergy 05 or Tibhar Genius ?

i actually understand what you are trying to say and at first im honestly skeptical about it but i just bought a sheet of P5 and surprisingly it plays really nice of course its no T05 but i could also say the opposite like T05 is no P5, but then again i could also say the same about hexer, rakza 7, aurus and vega pro, so in saying this i understand what you are talking about when you mentioned theres nothing new created by aiddas, but P5 is a little cheaper than other tensors and its 2x cheaper than Tenergy, so for something that is a good alternative that comes with a smaller price, im willing to bet my money on it, just my opinion though:)

zaw thwe
07-31-2012, 08:48 AM
i think razka7 .

torrent_1
07-31-2012, 05:52 PM
Xiom Sigma I Euro

TheMurf
08-19-2012, 04:36 AM
I haven't tried Tenergy 05 yet but I'm pleased with my game using either Tibhar Genius or Sinus Sound.

Matt
09-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Xiom omega iv europe!

UpSideDownCarl
09-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Rubbers are different. There are many good rubbers out there. My experience is that, when you get really used to something you start knowing how to use it and then it starts working for you. Having equipment that, in a basic way, works for your game and style is valuable. There are many options out there. Each rubber plays differently. If you get something that is the right hardness for you, that lasts long enough, where you can do all the basic shots, that should work and if you play with it long enough, it will work for you.

The equipment is not as important as the technique. But, having good equipment is worth it. So there are lots of options out there.

Totoh
11-11-2012, 10:37 AM
All Xiom rubbers have high throw compared to low throw of Tenergy05. I bought xiom vega pro for my BH and FH, but I was disgusted with its performance. I tried KTL Goldenstar loop version, it is much closer to the characteristics of Tenergy05 but with a very low cost. Donic Acuda S1 Turbo is also like a cloned Tenergy05.

iNERDxi
11-11-2012, 11:33 AM
galxy mars ii

greenhousejake
11-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Adidas tenzone
andro hexer +
donic bluefire m2
joola rhyzm are all perfect but for backhand rhyzm wins it!

YosuaYosan
11-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Check this quality article from Coach Ben:
http://www.pingcoach.com/tenergy-05-alternatives-the-best-of-the-rest/

j-bo
11-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Check this quality article from Coach Ben:
http://www.pingcoach.com/tenergy-05-alternatives-the-best-of-the-rest/

I don't know how much quality is in it if he hasn't used the 2 rubbers he's "reviewing" himself?

Before I start, I should point out that I haven’t actually played with either of these rubbers. My reviews are collations of personal opinions and experiences from the table tennis forums.

I purchased XIOM Vega Pro as an alternative to T05. But am still looking at others to try.

firdausnazeri
11-14-2012, 09:42 AM
try Tibhar Aurus....it seems pretty good for speed and spin...

j-bo
11-16-2012, 04:46 PM
I've gone ahead and have ordered Bluefire M2 FH and M3 for BH and will give it a try after reading many many reviews. Hopefully these are the rubbers I can play with for years to come.

Mr. RicharD
11-16-2012, 05:59 PM
The adidas company is not owned by adidas, but has given them licensing to use the logo on their equipment. They pay the fees for each sale, but sales are typically more reputable with such a large brand name. The rubbers are amazing. Tenzone and P7 are great FH or BH rubbers depending on your styles. The other rubbers are great for intermediate players and P5 is very much like T05 in my opinion. The throws are similar and the firmness as well. The key is pairing a solid blade with the harder P and Tenzone series. I prefer the Adidas Fibertech blades with the P and Tenzone series, they work marvels.

As for alternatives to T05 there are many that can do the job, but few that feel the same as tenergy. It's hard to find a rubber with the same characteristics as spring sponge because the kick it gives is much different than a lot of other rubbers.

Most rubbers in Europe are made by the same manufacture, but have different pip structures and sponge characteristics. The rubber materials are primarily the same so when you say that rubbers are all different that's not entire true, whats different is the feeling you get when the ball sinks into the sponge. The rubber used to make the topsheets is all primarily the same and only changes a little due to pip structure. The differences lie in the pre tuning, sponge hardness and surface texture that make a Euro rubber seem different.

Really the best alternative to T05 is based off your technique and personal feeling of the ball. Find something that helps you to feel the ball and you should be able to use it just as you do T05. Concentrate less on the speed and spin because that is all through technique more than the rubber. Tenergy just allows you to feel the ball differently and that's what everyone is really searching for.

Samuraisam 3467
12-22-2012, 11:23 PM
try donic bluefire m1. It has more power and spin than tenergy but is much harder to contol and less forgiving. Or try the softer m2 version

heartly4u
12-23-2012, 03:42 AM
I have heard that Rakza9 or Rakza7 are same as Tenegry05.

Burgerrr_
12-23-2012, 09:07 AM
Adidas is a good alternative, but idk what adidas.. i've adidas p5 on FH, and Tenzone SF bh.

Benduo
12-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Exactly, its all about your technique. I don't see whats so good about tenergy: ridiculously high throw angle that is impossible for me and some of my friends to control.

guybr50
04-20-2013, 08:22 AM
great rubber generates almost the same effect as tenergy but in lower price!

mrrybnik
04-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Try the Slivers, as Dan said before. I think that was the best rubber ever, are they still selling them ? I'd love to buy some althugh I haven't seen it in a couple of years, so ... ;)

arcady
04-23-2013, 09:10 AM
Xiom Sigma 2 Pro. Better than donic bluefire m1 imo.

MDanielCRO
08-14-2013, 05:15 PM
TIBHAR EVOLUTION MX-P

After using tenergy for 4 years, I wanted to try something new, so I bought a sheet of Tibhar evolution MX-P for fh and FX-P for bh. This combination is for players who use T05 fh and T05 FX fh, and this is even better for me! Belieave it or not evolution rubbers are the best I have ever tried, I highly reccomend this to any player who wants to move away from tenergy. MX-P in comparison with T05, they have the same feeling on the ball, but I have more power with MX-P, spin is I would say the same. It's not big difference in both. And FX-P on backhand absoluetly rocks! So easy to loop underspin balls. Try it guys, you want be sorry!

Der_Echte
08-15-2013, 08:27 AM
Anyone with big strokes using T05 on a fast stiff BTY composite blade will have almost ZERO change in strokes to achieve the same results. Almost seemless transition.

MX-P is NOT for flexy ALL class blades. Try FX-P on those.

Sent from my SHV-E160K using Tapatalk 2

Der_Echte
08-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Big power spin finishing shot with MX-P on a BTY composite blade are simply DESTRUCTIVE!

Der_Echte
08-15-2013, 08:34 AM
We all value the feel and control for obvious proper reasons... but one of the JOYS of TT (and military life) is to blow shit up. ;)

markog99
08-16-2013, 08:04 PM
u will probably laugh,but i have benn using tenergy for 2 years and it has been a big expense.i always looked up to ma long as my idol.so i ordered the cheapest type of hurricane 3 neo rubbers for my fh :D
u have to adjust ur technique a little bit but i think it was worth it.my power increased,because u have to put more effort into ur strokes if u want to put hte ball over the net.kill shot are easy,touchpplay also easy,serves are very spinny and loops too :)
on my bh i have some soft ruuber(stiga calibra spin) its not that good for looping , but blocking and counter loops are great.

MDanielCRO
08-16-2013, 08:19 PM
u will probably laugh,but i have benn using tenergy for 2 years and it has been a big expense.i always looked up to ma long as my idol.so i ordered the cheapest type of hurricane 3 neo rubbers for my fh :D
u have to adjust ur technique a little bit but i think it was worth it.my power increased,because u have to put more effort into ur strokes if u want to put hte ball over the net.kill shot are easy,touchpplay also easy,serves are very spinny and loops too :)
on my bh i have some soft ruuber(stiga calibra spin) its not that good for looping , but blocking and counter loops are great.

You missed the thread, this is about simillar rubbers to tenergy

tombru
08-16-2013, 08:23 PM
you should try Yasaka Rakza 7

markog99
08-17-2013, 01:16 PM
You missed the thread, this is about simillar rubbers to tenergy
nah i didnt :)
it says an alternative rubber for tenergy,not similar :)
my alternative is H3 neo :P

MDanielCRO
08-17-2013, 01:21 PM
nah i didnt :)
it says an alternative rubber for tenergy,not similar :)
my alternative is H3 neo :P

But it won't suit much player.
And U said Ma Long is your idol and he is using Skyline, not hurricane. Lol

markog99
08-17-2013, 09:22 PM
But it won't suit much player.
And U said Ma Long is your idol and he is using Skyline, not hurricane. Lol
well maybe he changed it recently,cause he has benn using h3 many years

abbass
08-18-2013, 06:47 AM
hi guys follow the link bellow
http://www.experttabletennis.com/tenergy-05-alternatives-the-best-of-the-rest/

Ben Larcombe
08-18-2013, 08:22 AM
I wrote that post a while back so it's a little out of date now. From the sounds of it Tibhar Evolution is the way to go. I'm hoping to try and review this rubber soon :)

Cornerer
08-18-2013, 09:12 AM
general opinions are that Bluefire is high throw while Evolution is low throw, so BF is probably closer to T05. (I never tried Evolution though)

As for Rasant let's say it's very blade-dependent. On my hard blade its spin is good but not great, but on my friend's Viscaria (soft and great dwell time) it's much spinnier than his previous T05/T64 setup(I can tell cuz i'm his long term training partner). The good thing about Tenergies is that it works just as well as it should be on most blades(regardless of hard or soft), whereas the Rasant definitely loves to be on very soft blades(maybe some looping blades too)

MDanielCRO
08-18-2013, 10:24 AM
general opinions are that Bluefire is high throw while Evolution is low throw, so BF is probably closer to T05. (I never tried Evolution though)

As for Rasant let's say it's very blade-dependent. On my hard blade its spin is good but not great, but on my friend's Viscaria (soft and great dwell time) it's much spinnier than his previous T05/T64 setup(I can tell cuz i'm his long term training partner). The good thing about Tenergies is that it works just as well as it should be on most blades(regardless of hard or soft), whereas the Rasant definitely loves to be on very soft blades(maybe some looping blades too)

How can you compare Rhyzm to tenergy?

MDanielCRO
08-18-2013, 10:28 AM
I wrote that post a while back so it's a little out of date now. From the sounds of it Tibhar Evolution is the way to go. I'm hoping to try and review this rubber soon :)

You will like evolution, just give it 2 days of training and you will see. I am not so good in writeing long reviews, if anyone wants to know something about mx-p or fx-p, feel free to ask.

n8stee
08-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Xiom vega pro is simular.. the closest i have felt is galaxy/yinhe moon pro tuned

MDanielCRO
08-18-2013, 03:02 PM
Xiom vega pro is simular.. the closest i have felt is galaxy/yinhe moon pro tuned

Galaxy moon is very cheap alternative but it really needs some busting. It can really be useful, one thing I don't like is sound, it's terrible.

Cornerer
08-18-2013, 04:33 PM
@MDanielCRO Did I say anything about Joola Rhyzm in my last post? O_O

MDanielCRO
08-18-2013, 07:19 PM
@MDanielCRO Did I say anything about Joola Rhyzm in my last post? O_O
But I see it's in your exuipment

Cornerer
08-18-2013, 10:59 PM
oh so u want me to compare these 2 rubbers?

Actually rhyzm is also supposed to be Tenergy alternative. I suspect this rhyzm I bought is different from the old 1s which others have tried as those descriptions definitely totally different from what I've experienced (guess they updated the series just like for Donic Baracuda and Acuda series ...

It's pretty light(~61g uncut) unlike the non-updated 68g version. Most said it's medium hard but mine's really hard ...(probably harder than tenergies). Medium throw. On my fairly hard blade short games were quite good(but my blade always is just like how Viscaria gives great control to any rubber). Feel is somewhat like T25), when looping the dwell time is surprisingly tremendous despite such a hardish setup. Spin almost exactly same as Baracuda (both soft and hard impacts) which IMO is much spinnier than Tenergies. Speed wise it's probably a bit slower than Tenergies(not sure about this 1 cuz I tried the tenergies on other different blades) but shouln't differ too much.

This rubber does great for both looping and flat hitting. It preforms similar to T25 in terms of counter attacks but can also block easily like the T64. Looping was less forgiving on my blade but the results are amazing if i manage to use the sweet spot.

Overall rhyzm is a very capable all-rounder and probably works best on blades with up to medium-hard hardness. Rasant should be a bit better ... but it doesn't work on many hard blades including mine.

DruvCarbonBlade
08-19-2013, 02:03 AM
I've heard that Stiga Boost TX, Calibra Tour M, and Carbo Sound are very similar. But keep in mind I've never actually had experience using them.

EricTian
08-19-2013, 02:06 AM
Why does Donic keep updating their rubbers? I noticed that the sponge on the Baracuda which I bought a week ago had a different marketing code and had the "Made in Germany" tag on it too, unlike before. Does anyone know what the difference is and what modifications were made?

And to get back to the post, Xiom Vega Pro is pretty much a low-throw Tenergy 05 IMO.