Dignics 05 (un-)replaceable?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Nittaku Hammond Z2. New generation rubber, very close feel to dignics, similar grip but I think that it's a bit faster.
Im using K3 at the moment. love the spin and control in slow game. But dont like the insane high throw angle despite having a good arch. I overshoot the table too often when the hard sponge kicks in combined with high throw angle.
How is throw angle on Z2?

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Im using K3 at the moment. love the spin and control in slow game. But dont like the insane high throw angle despite having a good arch. I overshoot the table too often when the hard sponge kicks in combined with high throw angle.
Medium to medium low. Much less curve than t05. About t80.

Reactions: Cadoia
Wtf do you mean??? Have you ever used rakza 7? Hammond Z2 genuinely is very close to dignics 05.
Hell no, Rakza 7 usel to be my favorite and Hammond Z2, nothing special at all.

Cheers
L-zr

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
ok. and have you used it long enough to have an opinion on durability?
Nope, I played it brand new when I glued it for a friend. I just saw that it has a similar feel and initial properties to a d05, mainly the feel, grip and throw. But it was faster.

Reactions: Cadoia and kindof99
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hell no, Rakza 7 usel to be my favorite and Hammond Z2, nothing special at all.

Cheers
L-zr
You probably got a fake then, the amount of grip that the z2 has is out of this world. The r7 is a basic olg gen esn rubber. The r7 is nothing special, the z2 is a damn beast.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Z2 has low throw angle, likewise for D05. If you compare d09c > k3 > d05 >z2.

Reactions: Cadoia
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
I used D05 before and just tried the Z2 2.0mm for 3 sessions/8 hours last week. I agree with most comments in this topic. Z2 has similar arc and slightly faster than D05, softer sponge+rubber and easier to hit through/bottom out the blade. However spin and control is not as good as D05. D05 has better tolerance and Z2 requires more precise stroke. Of course Z2 is much cheaper. If someone is looking for a budgetary replacement of the D05, then Z2 is a very good choice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I used D05 before and just tried the Z2 2.0mm for 3 sessions/8 hours last week. I agree with most comments in this topic. Z2 has similar arc and slightly faster than D05, softer sponge+rubber and easier to hit through/bottom out the blade. However spin and control is not as good as D05. D05 has better tolerance and Z2 requires more precise stroke. Of course Z2 is much cheaper. If someone is looking for a budgetary replacement of the D05, then Z2 is a very good choice.
I agree with this, when I used Z2, I didnt like it at all because there wasnt enough dwell.
I used it for like 1 month and the grip was heavily affected already.

Reactions: kindof99 and Cadoia
These are the two rubbers I use on the BH.The Z2 on a LGY ALC and the D05 on a Viscaria and this accurately describes my experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
dammit butterfly......... they KNOW why they can charge 100$ for a sheet of rubber haha.
where do you guys shop the cheapest place for D05?
I have some friends who buy it in batches from amazon jp or some other Japanese retailer. Not only is it pretty cheap, with the record-low yen, its almost a steal

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
I have some friends who buy it in batches from amazon jp or some other Japanese retailer. Not only is it pretty cheap, with the record-low yen, its almost a steal
yes I see on amazonjp its 50 for 1 sheet.
However what is shipping costs from japan? im sure not cheap.
Plus might get some taxes on top.
I can also see they dont ship internationally from the sellers on amazon. would need to use 3rd party reshipper it seems.
Megaspin was cheapest I could find so far.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 9.11.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 9.11.08 PM.png
    168.8 KB · Views: 29
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Why don’t take it from @Catenaccio https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...oustic-carbon-other-blades-new-dignics.31790/
Where do you find it cheaper? He has brand new and genuine JPN market btf products with competitive price. Great communication, extremely fast shipping… I know it’s darkest under the lamp. If you want Dignics and can afford it, buy where it is safe, and if you can't afford it, buy substitutes. Easy logic.
I placed 2nd order with pleasure and it’s already on the way to me…
Easy af

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Why don’t take it from @Catenaccio https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...oustic-carbon-other-blades-new-dignics.31790/
Where do you find it cheaper? He has brand new and genuine JPN market btf products with competitive price. Great communication, extremely fast shipping… I know it’s darkest under the lamp. If you want Dignics and can afford it, buy where it is safe, and if you can't afford it, buy substitutes. Easy logic.
I placed 2nd order with pleasure and it’s already on the way to me…
Easy af
great post. thank you. ill check his store out.

Reactions: disaster3