Hurricane 3 on a Timo Boll ALC?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
i know that H3 goes well on a carbon blade like like viscaria(soft flexible blade),but i want to know how well it goes on a harder less flexible blade like TB ALC.
Thanks.

This user has no status.
i know that H3 goes well on a carbon blade like like viscaria(soft flexible blade),but i want to know how well it goes on a harder less flexible blade like TB ALC.
Thanks.

I've tried H2 rather than H3 in TB ALC. It is quite hard to spin the ball sometimes because of the harder topsheet of H2 compared to H3 and the harder TB ALC than Viscaria. I haven't tried TB ALC with H3 though, I am now using boosted H3 with Viscaria and it is quite soft for my taste, much much softer than the H2-TB ALC combination. Sooo, I guess the harder TB ALC and softer H3 will pair up really well. But that all depends on technique to utilise such setup. :)

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The sheet of H3 (3 yrs old !!!) I have on one of my 896 backup bats USED to be the BH rubber on a Timo Boll ALC for a few months.

Please feel confident and re-assured that H3 will perfom for you on BH wing, even FH in an emergency. It is also pretty resistant to becoming slippery in high humidity where rubbers like Tenergy become anti. :)

Reactions: fais
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Viscaria and Timo Boll ALC are actually almost similiar blades, so of course it works!

This exactly right. The only real difference between TB ALC and Viscaria is the center ply. All the other plies (outer ply, ALC ply, ply between ALC and core are all the same). The blades feel a little different as a result of the core, but not very. And H3 works very well on both blades.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttbehind