Top players and Your encouraging shout

This user has no status.
I have notice that many top players are using their original shout when winning the ball or losing the point.

For example Ma Long often use 'FU!' or 'DJU'.

I am shouting sometimes for fun, but in really serious match I do not shout because of losing concentration.

What are using? Does it help you encourage yourself?

Another point is shouting in the middle of rally - it can be really annoying, but sometimes I find it useful, for example when you are doing topspin in to hard-backspin chop, but in general I am not crying too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Hi, I think shouting can ignite their spirit because if player lose their powerful aspects and be shriveling, game will be over. Also it can show their ability to opponents and expose their satisfaction. So it makes foe discouraged. I also shout using my voice when i get a match point(or get a point after having a long rally then winning) and winning shot.

Well.. I don't understand why they make a moaning during a rally. Maybe, it can be comfortable to exhale their breath when they make a power shot for driving, smash, etc. When we work out to train body, we have to exhale breath during positive interval and inhale breath during negative interval. I think it also samething..:)

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
After I crash out of a tourney, there is no other honorable mission remaining but go to support my team mates matches. When I show up, I usually discover they are getting out cheered by 12-0 by enemy supporters, but when I show up even those numbers are not fair, they need another 24. When my club mate makes a winner with a hard hit shot, I shout POWER !!! so loud like a big bear roar and clap my hands like thunder... the guy way on the other end of the gym running the microphone announcing who will play where has to stop mid-announcement. :)

Reactions: agold

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
I used to shout things after missing a shot which cannot be repeated here. I have now successfully toned this down to "Oh bother" or somesuch, which gets me even more strange looks.

People who shout (or stamp) DURING a point are apt to end up with a flared bat handle inserted up their fundament......

This user has no status.
If you lose concentration when shouting you shouldn't do that... but for some people it is very helpful to shout after winning a critical point because it gets us back on the game and helps us make the most of ourselves. On the other hand, there are some guys who shout at every point and that is just annoying... there is no point in that.

I think it's ok to shout in some points, but only if it helps you and if it's not used like a 'cheating move' to make your opponent lose their concentration.