Timo Boll is fit and well for the WTTTC 2012!

The press were in an optimistic mood at yesterday's press conference for the World Team Table Tennis Championships as Timo Boll was missing from the German National team line up. However, Timo Boll has just announced he is fresh, fit and ready for action!

l4728834.jpg

Photo by: Associated Press

As cited on the ittf.com

Simone Hinz from the German Table Tennis Association Reports

One day’s rest returns Europe's top player to his old form. “I have trained well and can give the all-clear.”

Dortmund. The record European Champion was on his way to the press conference with his team. As he arrived in the hotel lobby, he decided to turn around. A stomach upset stopped him in his tracks. A day’s rest returned the player from Düsseldorf to his old form. “I have trained well and can give the all-clear.”

He used the complete hour of training that the World Association allowed the German team in the main hall, taking place at two of the four tables.

His conclusion: “I am optimistic for tomorrow.” What exactly had brought Timo Boll last Friday down, couldn’t be determined. “Maybe I had eaten something wrong, maybe it was some virus. It’s hard to say,” he explained. “Luckily, I feel well again today. It is gone after 24 hours - as fast as it had arrived it was gone again.”

Who will win the World Team Championships? The video below featuring Ma Long vs Timo Boll in 2010 World Team Championships

Be sure to follow all the latest news feeds from the World Team Championships 2012 here
We wish Timo Boll the best of luck in his recovery for the championships!

Source: ittf.com

TableTennisDaily