Want hurricane 3 national

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
You think H8 blue will need tuning ? What degree are you going for ?
I do not now if its need tuning but i give it two or three layers. And im going for 39 degre.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
The reason I asked is because I play with H8 and its giving me a nice balance on control vs looping and I thought that the new sponge technology helped in that. Infact H8 is tackier than H3 provincial is what I found . I wanted to understand if going for H8 with national sponge will defeat the purpose because then you will not get the new sponge for H8 ( which has a completely different smell / booster ) . Just asking and trying to understand since I am new to Hurricane..
I do not now if its need tuning but i give it two or three layers. And im going for 39 degre.

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
They say it has new sponge the same as h8 comercial but better. Not the h3 blue sponge..
I also realy like the h8 comercial a lot... But i eant the blue color.... And this h8 blue is just new in the family. Look at here.....
This is the definition from prott.
The serial number of Hurricane 8 sponge is No.25, a new sponge designed based on both No.20 and No.22 Sponge. All of the three sponge are " hard desity " Chinese style sponge. A so-called " High-Elasticity Particle Osmosis ?H-EPO?technology " has been adopted in No.25 Sponge, which will increase the sponge's activity, while
decreasing the internal friction inside the sponge molecule to fully releasing the energy absorbed by the sponge. Compared with Celluloid ball, the speed and spin of the new 40+ ball is weaker. Even with the same diameters, the 40+ ball made of the new material increases the air resistance and lowers the speed. Therefore, the design direction for rubber sheet production is to make the ball spin more vigorously and to gain a higher speed. So, the weaker attack due to the new ball adoption can be improved by the higher performance of this rubber sheet.

Comparison between Hurricane 8 and Hurricane 3

The launch of Hurricane 8 is not aimed at replacing Hurricane 3, but to reserve the distinctive characteristics of Hurricane 3 as much as possible, like keeping good balance between higher speed and elasticity, and a product without obvious short slab. The advantage of Hurricane 8 is capable to transmit the power deeply and efficiently. Equipped the same degree sponge, the size of Hurricane 8 is apparently bigger than Hurricane 3. Compared with Hurricane 3, the depth of eating-ball increased which make players feel slightly softer by using Hurricane 8. The inflexible feeling by using Hurricane 3 does not exist in the new product. Players with less strength can also acquire a high shot speed. Although the rubber is a little harder, it enables players to grasp the controlling power and apparently amplify the ball spinning with a perfect arc, which is easy to control and adjust. As equipped a hard racket with fiber material, it will enhance the performance of thd blade by taking good advantage of the blade's elasticity. Hurricane 8, whose characteristics are highly fault toleramce and easy-to-control, is more suitable for a newcomer than Hurricane 3.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Love it !! Thanks a lot bobpuls ! It really helps !
They say it has new sponge the same as h8 comercial but better. Not the h3 blue sponge..
I also realy like the h8 comercial a lot... But i eant the blue color.... And this h8 blue is just new in the family. Look at here.....
This is the definition from prott.
The serial number of Hurricane 8 sponge is No.25, a new sponge designed based on both No.20 and No.22 Sponge. All of the three sponge are " hard desity " Chinese style sponge. A so-called " High-Elasticity Particle Osmosis ?H-EPO?technology " has been adopted in No.25 Sponge, which will increase the sponge's activity, while
decreasing the internal friction inside the sponge molecule to fully releasing the energy absorbed by the sponge. Compared with Celluloid ball, the speed and spin of the new 40+ ball is weaker. Even with the same diameters, the 40+ ball made of the new material increases the air resistance and lowers the speed. Therefore, the design direction for rubber sheet production is to make the ball spin more vigorously and to gain a higher speed. So, the weaker attack due to the new ball adoption can be improved by the higher performance of this rubber sheet.

Comparison between Hurricane 8 and Hurricane 3

The launch of Hurricane 8 is not aimed at replacing Hurricane 3, but to reserve the distinctive characteristics of Hurricane 3 as much as possible, like keeping good balance between higher speed and elasticity, and a product without obvious short slab. The advantage of Hurricane 8 is capable to transmit the power deeply and efficiently. Equipped the same degree sponge, the size of Hurricane 8 is apparently bigger than Hurricane 3. Compared with Hurricane 3, the depth of eating-ball increased which make players feel slightly softer by using Hurricane 8. The inflexible feeling by using Hurricane 3 does not exist in the new product. Players with less strength can also acquire a high shot speed. Although the rubber is a little harder, it enables players to grasp the controlling power and apparently amplify the ball spinning with a perfect arc, which is easy to control and adjust. As equipped a hard racket with fiber material, it will enhance the performance of thd blade by taking good advantage of the blade's elasticity. Hurricane 8, whose characteristics are highly fault toleramce and easy-to-control, is more suitable for a newcomer than Hurricane 3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
May be you are right but I will still take it since he atleast took the time to copy paste the relevant portion of the review :)The rest I will have to figure out for myself , like anything else but thanks to you to voice your opinion it got me a thinking :)
That isnt' his review that's just a marketing spiel

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Thank you , please let me know . Can you please also tell me if you have used T05 or MX-P or Omega iv Pro on backhand and how they compare with TSP Ventus Spin ? I have searching for a suitable rubber for my backhand with the plastic ball change . I play close to the table spinny backhand but sometimes go back and loop from backhand if I get pushed out of the table ... for your reference ...
Im not sure if it is marketing or review but im going for it. And i will compare comercial version of h8 with this one for you.

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I'm actualy playing ventus spin now and im fully satisfied, but i played none of the rubbers you are mentioning . i like the ventus spin really a lot. And i think it is rubber you are searching ... The sponge is not so bouncy like clasic tensors, it just shine on pushes or short serves. Spin is strong and the looping from mid distance has enought power with high arch and fast drop at the end (sometimes im thinking it is to long and then it just hit the line).the grip is absolute and there is no problem to loop back slow very spiny balls over the table, something like rasant grip but much lighter rubber . Im twidling this rubber pretty often between fh and bh. Im going to try the dhs skyline 3-60 only from curiosity, but the ventus spin is the perfect bh rubber.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
....I wanted to understand if going for H8 with national sponge will defeat the purpose because then you will not get the new sponge for H8....

@ttmonster, I am not sure H8 Blue Sponge should be equated to the word "National".

I could be wrong. But last I heard, when CNT decided whether to adopt H8 for the National team, the rubber was not taken. I believe it was rejected.

I don't think that means anything bad. I don't think they were saying it is not a good rubber. But they did not accept to use it so there is no National version. And I think the blue sponge version may just be a blue sponge version of a commercial rubber.

But I really don't know. And that doesn't change the fact that H8 Blue Sponge may be really good.

And who knows, I could have misunderstood what you meant in the above quote.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: fais and ttmonster
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Carl....yes it was rejected but it was a year or more ago... Now there is new batch. And yes i also understand it is a completly new sponge based on the comercial version.... Anyway i will test it and compare for you.... In few weeks. .

Last edited:
HERE I'M GLUING IT RIGHT NOW :)
2A7E1FF3-FA67-430C-9370-FF945FE802CA_zpsn7vjtpf0.jpg

A2FA6C55-8C32-4AA0-B40C-2104055864BE_zpsrd0vzquc.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Big dipper is rubbish, after a few weeks it loses all tackiness (none at all). And the ball would then starts to squeak and slip on the surface when you try to loop.

I have noticed the tacky nature does not preserve even throughout the coarse of the game, unlike DHS rubbers. I find myself breathing on it and wiping it with my palm in between rallies a lot more frequently.

I've never had tack disappearing from a rubber happen to me. When I does diminish (by end of day) I clean and wipe it with a damp paper towel and leave it in my bat case without protection sheets. For me at least, the tack always returns once the top sheet has been cleaned and rehydrated. (I have been playing with the same DHS H3neo + Yinhe Jupiter for almost two years now and they are still going strong!)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Boll and Dima are complaining that they themselves can't get their hands on National H3. :rolleyes:

Haha, you mean they cannot get someone to show them the secret handshake and the proper wink/nod/wink sequence + cadence to get them into the good graces. :D

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Haha, you mean they cannot get someone to show them the secret handshake and the proper wink/nod/wink sequence + cadence to get them into the good graces. :D

that's how you get the fake ones...
for the real ones there's secret spitting code...

I have a friend working in the training department of Chinese National Team, but he can only obtain used national H3. Yellow sponge, blue sponge, with player's name, etc.

Besides, authentic blue sponge H3 national at $55? Personally I would say that a good friend might give you one for free, while a supplier can never provide you an authentic one at that price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I have a friend working in the training department of Chinese National Team, but he can only obtain used national H3. Yellow sponge, blue sponge, with player's name, etc.

Besides, authentic blue sponge H3 national at $55? Personally I would say that a good friend might give you one for free, while a supplier can never provide you an authentic one at that price.

I guess those used ones are still pretty decent.
Mine still plays beautiful. :)

View attachment 9166
View attachment 9167
IMG_20160202_185057.jpg
IMG_20160202_185036.jpg

Last edited: