Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
... you are the boss ... I am just trying to stir up some trouble ... I myself called out the fact that it was incomplete ... (because somebody's SD card was loose ahem !!! ahem !! ... actually we played 3 matches and we won the first one 3-0 , the second one 3-0 ( this is the match that is not on tape because the camera was fake blinking ) and the last one we lost ... 1-3 or something ... btw... quick question are you going to saw off the handle for people who play penhold ? ... :rolleyes:
The incompleteness is what counted not the doubles. But it wasn't fully evaluated. And it still came after the aforementioned videos. I think the place in the standings is correct.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Yes suds79 we are the left-handed-penhold club!!!!!!
Lefty penhold 4eva!!!!

confiscate!!! left handed penhold brother!

cache.php

I thought only David Song & I were in that club. :p Nice.

Props to NL for this video contest. More videos of members playing is always +1 in my book.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hey ttmonster, I will be in the club friday night. If you go Fri night I can take more videos for you :)

tenor.jpg

clubbing in the ping pong club

... you are the boss ... I am just trying to stir up some trouble ... I myself called out the fact that it was incomplete ... (because somebody's SD card was loose ahem !!! ahem !! ... actually we played 3 matches and we won the first one 3-0 , the second one 3-0 ( this is the match that is not on tape because the camera was fake blinking ) and the last one we lost ... 1-3 or something ... btw... quick question are you going to saw off the handle for people who play penhold ? ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Thanks for the offer confiscate .. the challenge is going to be to find a table to play singles .. . I never thought I will say this .. but these days I am getting bored of playing doubles ... but the social situation is such that the moment people see Frank and I are playing singles , they start lining up to play doubles and the scarcity of tables really does not help, it seems rude to say no ... so essentially ... we shall see ...
Hey ttmonster, I will be in the club friday night. If you go Fri night I can take more videos for you :)

View attachment 14912

clubbing in the ping pong club

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Okay I played matches despite my injury! Did not go too well, but at least my leg held.

I am very grateful for every tip you got for me or hints on what i should work on!

It is an official third league away match. We lost 1:9 :O Sorry for the bad video quality.

Match 1: starts at 2:30

Match 2: starts at 3:43

Match 3: starts at 3:04

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Okay I played matches despite my injury! Did not go too well, but at least my leg held.

I am very grateful for every tip you got for me or hints on what i should work on!

It is an official third league away match. We lost 1:9 :O Sorry for the bad video quality.

Match 1: starts at 2:30

Match 2: starts at 3:43

Match 3: starts at 3:04

Hey Boogar, glad you were able to play the matches! Hope you didn't get more injuries as you were playing with existing injuries.

I will take a look at them probably after I reach HK. Good job switching your camera to the other side after your first match, as the white background makes it more difficult to spot the ball :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hey NextLevel, here is another video of my game. Thanks!

Blade Giveaway:

Post to the thread a full match you played at your club recently (you must have played it within 5 days of your post).

Prizes are (and these are all used blades in varying conditions):

1. Vega Pro FL
2. Vega Pro ST
3. DD ALC - reduced head size and weighted handle
4. DD ALC
5. Stiga Eternity *slightly chipped outer ply from removed rubbers*
6. Stiga Eternity

I reserve the right to change the offered blade and throw in something else if I have it or am in the mood to. You have till December 17. Blades and prizes are given away on a first come first serve basis. You pick what you want.

All the blades are shakehand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Thanks!

Usually when I play against him, he wins. This time I won 3-0

I almost always attack first, because when we start pushing, I can loop underspin with both backhand RPB and forehand, but he cannot. He has a good RPB over the table though, so he can RPB serve-receive a lot of my serves (unless I put heavy underspin). But for some reason when we push, the ball goes all over the place, so he cannot get into position to convert backspin to topspin

His paddle is a lot faster (butterfly carbon arylate + tenergy) compared to mine (non-carbon + vega). He is very stable in counter-hitting topspin. A lot of times when I convert from underspin to topspin, and we go into topspin-topspin rallies, I lose those, because in rallies the speed coming to me is significantly faster than the speed going to him.

5:25-5:40 Sweet!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Okay. My current rankings are as follows:

1. Confiscate
2. JeffM (not clearly a club match unless the club has only 2 members).
3. ttmonster, (doubles, not fully evaluated)
4. OSP (no match, but at least practiced in the club)
5. MichalZ (not a club match but a match)
6. suds79 (entry posted a month ago)

If I have missed something, let me know. Entries can still come in and the prize list can be expanded. There are other blades and rubbers still waiting to find homes.

I haven't decided if more complete matches win more prizes - giving it some thought though...

Current rankings...

1. JeffM
2. Confiscate
3. ttmonster
3.5 Boogar

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffM and ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hey NextLevel, here is another video of another one of my games. The game is fresh off the oven, just a few hours ago today 12/15.

For this game I was not warmed up at the started, so I gave away a lot of points smashing high balls that did not land :( Lost 2 games quickly to 0-2 behind. Then I was starting to warm up and chased it back to 2-2. Then finally won the last game 3-2 to win the match.

@ttmonster too bad you were not in the club today! Otherwise I could have taken another video of your games too!

Blade Giveaway:

Post to the thread a full match you played at your club recently (you must have played it within 5 days of your post).

Prizes are (and these are all used blades in varying conditions):

1. Vega Pro FL
2. Vega Pro ST
3. DD ALC - reduced head size and weighted handle
4. DD ALC
5. Stiga Eternity *slightly chipped outer ply from removed rubbers*
6. Stiga Eternity

I reserve the right to change the offered blade and throw in something else if I have it or am in the mood to. You have till December 17. Blades and prizes are given away on a first come first serve basis. You pick what you want.

All the blades are shakehand.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hmm NextLevel I am confused--what caused a drop in ranking? Because I want to prevent a drop in the future! Also, I just posted another game

Current rankings...

1. JeffM
2. Confiscate
3. ttmonster
3.5 Boogar

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
As far as I remember and NextLevel can clarify , I think JeffM was the first to submit the video , it was probably waiting for verification from NextLevel's side ...

... I am sorry but Frank decided to not show up for table tennis today to rest , I followed suit ... next time lets play a match ourselves and record it ... that will be killing two birds with one stone .. :p ... question to NextLevel , if two felllow tabletennisdaily members play a match between themselves and submit will that be considered for the highest ranking ...:rolleyes::rolleyes:;):p
Hmm NextLevel I am confused--what caused a drop in ranking? Because I want to prevent a drop in the future! Also, I just posted another game

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hey NextLevel, ya JeffM's videos are great. Especially his most recent one it definitely is legit and passes verification because it has multiple people in it to show that it is definitely a real club. JeffM's videos are definitely good and I enjoyed viewing them. They are very exciting, especially since he is penhold as am I :)

Having said that, my videos are not bad, and should not be discounted! I am not sure if my ranking dropped because of quality or quantity.

In terms of quantity, I've uploaded 4 videos so far. In terms of quality, the videos were taken with a GoPro (several hundred $) sports camera, with a real tripod, so the angle is really good (you can see the table surface and which spot the ball lands), the lighting is really good, the fisheye lens lets you see the entire club with ~10 tables and ~20 people. You can clearly see the ball and also hear everything in the club, including sounds from other tables, like you are physically actually in the club!

Not to mention, I went to the club today Friday night just to take more videos for this contest! Also, I literally just drove back from the club and immediately uploaded my most recent game video within a few hours, without time to rest. It's a lot of work! For real man

Current rankings...

1. JeffM
2. Confiscate
3. ttmonster
3.5 Boogar

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
... I am sorry but Frank decided to not show up for table tennis today to rest , I followed suit ... next time lets play a match ourselves and record it ... that will be killing two birds with one stone .. :p ... question to NextLevel , if two felllow tabletennisdaily members play a match between themselves and submit will that be considered for the highest ranking ...:rolleyes::rolleyes:;):p

Haha no worries ttmonster man!
Even Peter didn't show up today. He is usually always there every day. Maybe because it was Friday night and he had plans :)

Ya I can play a match with you. Although the contest ends 12/17 so not sure when we will both be at the club at the same time again. But ya we can play each other even after the contest is over

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Hey NextLevel, ya JeffM's videos are great. Especially his most recent one it definitely is legit and passes verification because it has multiple people in it to show that it is definitely a real club. JeffM's videos are definitely good and I enjoyed viewing them. They are very exciting, especially since he is penhold as am I :)

Having said that, my videos are not bad, and should not be discounted! I am not sure if my ranking dropped because of quality or quantity.

In terms of quantity, I've uploaded 4 videos so far. In terms of quality, the videos were taken with a GoPro (several hundred $) sports camera, with a real tripod, so the angle is really good (you can see the table surface and which spot the ball lands), the lighting is really good, the fisheye lens lets you see the entire club with ~10 tables and ~20 people. You can clearly see the ball and also hear everything in the club, including sounds from other tables, like you are physically actually in the club!

Not to mention, I went to the club today Friday night just to take more videos for this contest! Also, I literally just drove back from the club and immediately uploaded my most recent game video within a few hours, without time to rest. It's a lot of work! For real man

Hey Confiscate,

Thanks for your compliments on my video. In comparison, your videos are excellent too! Good coverage of the club with nice camera. I think the reason that NextLevel changed our ranking in his competition is because "Blades and prizes are given on a first come first serve basis", therefore as long as the video satisfies his criteria, they are registered in the ranking system. I think I was placed 2nd previously because it wasn't clear that it was a club match in my first video, but then my 2nd video clarified it. Since I posted the initial video first (as one that satisfies his criteria), therefore once it was clarified, he moved me back to the top. I do not think the competition compares the quality of the videos as long as it satisfies the criteria that it is a club match on a first come first serve basis. Therefore, posting more videos, as far as I understand, will probably not affect the ranking as your first video has already satisfied his criteria and has been registered in the ranking (based on first come first serve principle). Please correct me if I am wrong NL, but that was my understanding.

But that being said, it is really great to see your videos as your videos are at such high quality and we are both penholders with RPB! Would be great if we get to play doubles together. :D

(now secretly planning which conference I may be able to attend in USA to play some TT with you guys) ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hey Confiscate,

Thanks for your compliments on my video. In comparison, your videos are excellent too! Good coverage of the club with nice camera. I think the reason that NextLevel changed our ranking in his competition is because "Blades and prizes are given on a first come first serve basis", therefore as long as the video satisfies his criteria, they are registered in the ranking system. I think I was placed 2nd previously because it wasn't clear that it was a club match in my first video, but then my 2nd video clarified it. Since I posted the initial video first (as one that satisfies his criteria), therefore once it was clarified, he moved me back to the top. I do not think the competition compares the quality of the videos as long as it satisfies the criteria that it is a club match on a first come first serve basis. Therefore, posting more videos, as far as I understand, will probably not affect the ranking as your first video has already satisfied his criteria and has been registered in the ranking (based on first come first serve principle). Please correct me if I am wrong NL, but that was my understanding.

But that being said, it is really great to see your videos as your videos are at such high quality and we are both penholders with RPB! Would be great if we get to play doubles together. :D

(now secretly planning which conference I may be able to attend in USA to play some TT with you guys) ;)

Pretty much sums it up, yes.