Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
if you can figure out a conference in the San Jose area ... and if the plan works out ... and we will see if we can bring our the Chief Troublemaker of the West Coast out of Sacramento so that we can play some doubles agianst you guys ... :)
Pretty much sums it up, yes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
if you can figure out a conference in the San Jose area ... and if the plan works out ... and we will see if we can bring our the Chief Troublemaker of the West Coast out of Sacramento so that we can play some doubles agianst you guys ... :)

I am not good with my geography, but I will keep an eye out for "San Jose" area. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Okay I played matches despite my injury! Did not go too well, but at least my leg held.

I am very grateful for every tip you got for me or hints on what i should work on!

It is an official third league away match. We lost 1:9 :O Sorry for the bad video quality.

Match 1: starts at 2:30

Match 2: starts at 3:43

Match 3: starts at 3:04

Hey Boogar, I watched the first and second video against Chigra and Didi. Firstly, I feel you played quite well despite your injury, and your opponents are of quite high level too.

First match: I particularly liked your fh loops, and some of your backhand opening loops. Your serves worked well against him too. You had a close first game with him. Perhaps your serve receive was hindered by your injury, maybe this is something you can try to focus on. Sometimes the ball was popped up high due to misreading the spin, sometimes you might have rushed a bit when he serves you a long ball and the ball ended up in the net. I see you like doing drop shots, I think that is good, but you need to keep each point tight. Sometimes the point seems to be yours, but then on your last stroke, perhaps you didn't pay full attention to it, you hit the ball off the table. It happens to me in my last video too, where the opponent pops up a ball high, but I didn't kill the 'easy' ball. For me personally, next time I will try to play each point to my best, as it is a match.

Second match: I feel that your opponent has a very interesting style. As he likes to use his backhand most of the time (which is his inverted side), and leaving his forehand as the LP when needed. I feel you hit too often to his backhand (not necessarily his backhand side as he tends to use his backhand over most of the table). Perhaps try to play more to his forehand side, to force him use the LP. I feel that he is probably very comfortable with the backhand so if you can mix it up by "forcibly" play to his LP in one point, then play to his backhand side the other point, maybe it can mess things up a bit for him? I am not sure what advice I can give as I haven't played such player before, and he is of a high level and quite comfortable with what he is doing. Maybe wait for the more experienced players here to chip in for advice J

Hopefully some of what I said helps :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Ohhh ok. Whoever posted a video first gets the higher ranking. Kind of like waiting in line.

So NextLevel, just to clarify, the contest is now over? Because even if a ton of folks come to the contest now, and post tons of really high quality videos and make the channel super exciting, the current ranking will still be the same. At this point, here is no point for anyone to post videos for the contest anymore. Of course, folks can post videos outside of the contest for self-gratification :)

That's great :) NextLevel can you give out the prizes now? Because it saves me the work of uploading more videos.

Pretty much sums it up, yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
But that being said, it is really great to see your videos as your videos are at such high quality and we are both penholders with RPB! Would be great if we get to play doubles together. :D

(now secretly planning which conference I may be able to attend in USA to play some TT with you guys) ;)

Ya man I can def team doubles with you! I am left-handed penhold, so my forehand is excellent for doubles. In rated tournaments I tend to play higher rating events for doubles compared to singles!

If you are looking for TT conference, the US Open is happening right now in california :) It's the biggest event in the USA haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Ohhh ok. Whoever posted a video first gets the higher ranking. Kind of like waiting in line.

So NextLevel, just to clarify, the contest is now over? Because even if a ton of folks come to the contest now, and post tons of really high quality videos and make the channel super exciting, the current ranking will still be the same. At this point, here is no point for anyone to post videos for the contest anymore. Of course, folks can post videos outside of the contest for self-gratification :)

That's great :) NextLevel can you give out the prizes now? Because it saves me the work of uploading more videos.

Read the rules of the contest, positions 3 and below are all insecure. And I reserve the right to give bonus prizes unannounced.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Read the rules of the contest, positions 3 and below are all insecure. And I reserve the right to give bonus prizes unannounced.

Hey NextLevel, ah ok sounds good! I missed that.

So just to clarify, do you want me to post more videos, or not? Because I want to help make your contest more successful, but it's hard to tell without really knowing what you want to see out of the contest (like the best case scenario of success).

Do you want more # of people posting? Or just # of videos posted? Or more chat activity in this channel? Or more learnings from each other over TT techniques? Because we can help support the contest if we know what the vision of success looks like!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hey NextLevel, ah ok sounds good! I missed that.

So just to clarify, do you want me to post more videos, or not? Because I want to help make your contest more successful, but it's hard to tell without really knowing what you want to see out of the contest (like the best case scenario of success).

Do you want more # of people posting? Or just # of videos posted? Or more chat activity in this channel? Or more learnings from each other over TT techniques? Because we can help support the contest if we know what the vision of success looks like!

Just an excuse for me to give away blades and rubbers while getting more people to post video of their play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
San Jose area is only 30-50 KM SOUTH of San Francisco area for those perspective out of country Trouble makers who want to cause trouble with Out of Town Trouble Makers and confuse the Goon Squad.

Ah Mr. Der Echte you are at the US Open? Man I am super jealous!! Wish I was there. Wasn't Fang Bo there ? (I think it's this video)

The atmosphere there must be crazy pumped! Can you post some posts on what's going on over there? Reminds me...I should subscribe to the twitter feed for the US Open event if there is one....

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Der_Echte at Las Vegas US Open. Got knocked down to class C u2000... won my rr group. Won some knockout matches. In Semis... will play vs HEAVYSPIN Mon 0900... no camera footage... but got a selfie with Heaavy Spin.
e6ee1bb274a85f815c302e74925a4643.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Current rankings...

1. JeffM
2. Confiscate
3. ttmonster
4. Boogar
5. OSP (no match, but at least practiced in the club)
6. MichalZ (not a club match but a match)
7. suds79 (entry posted a month ago)
8. Musaab (matched played two weeks ago)

Please PM me your mailing addresses - I will send you at least one blade and possibly something else (blade or rubber) in addition if I have it. Pick something from the above list. If someone above you has already taken it, I will let you know what I still have available.

You may not get it by Christmas, but you will get it before the end of January in New Year.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I'm not qualified because this match was two weeks ago or something , I'm gonna post it anyway because I'm mainly asking for constructive criticsm, I'm the one in red.

Your game looks very solid for someone who has been playing only 2 or three years. There are the usual adult learner issues but we are who we are.

Watch how you stand and practice at the table and be very conscious of it at all times. You seem to get locked into a backhand stance very often and then get stuck blocking. You transition out of it into a forehand stance pretty well sometimes, but it will fall apart against better opponents. Try to find one good stance, probably slightly forehand biased but mostly square to the table out of which you feel comfortable playing strong forehands and backhands when rallying. Most of the turning should come from hips and shoulders unless you feel you have the footwork speed to transition. IT will allow you to counter faster.

I think this backhand stance issue or more likely lack of consciousness of foot positioning is the source of 90% of your problems, if you fix it, good things will happen more often. You often play your forehand out of it and you end up not getting the weight transfer. It may work okay now, but it will not work when the opponents get better and block more balls back and you do not have the recovery.

The other thing is to play with more spin. Unless your opponent is really good, I don't see any errors off missed blocks or long balls when he makes contact. For someone with your power, it makes more sense if you want a quick improvement to take the ball a bit later and put more into it than to just flat hit it off the bounce and get it back on the table. It might reduce the number of shots you have to play in some rallies. IT doesn't mean you should play this way all the time but just try it. Let the ball come and learn to spin it back on the table even if you are not rushing your opponent.

This means that on the backhand, learn to turn your wrist over to add some spin to the ball when playing in rallies. You can also try an elbow movement but turning the wrist over at least is better than just a flat counter.

In any case, you have a good coach, and you play pretty good. MAybe the things I am seeing are not that big a deal.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Thank you Sir! You are truly the epitome of Table Tennis Ambassadorship!

Thank you Santa!!

Current rankings...

1. JeffM
2. Confiscate
3. ttmonster
4. Boogar
5. OSP (no match, but at least practiced in the club)
6. MichalZ (not a club match but a match)
7. suds79 (entry posted a month ago)
8. Musaab (matched played two weeks ago)

Please PM me your mailing addresses - I will send you at least one blade and possibly something else (blade or rubber) in addition if I have it. Pick something from the above list. If someone above you has already taken it, I will let you know what I still have available.

You may not get it by Christmas, but you will get it before the end of January in New Year.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Lost to Heavy Spin 7-11 in 5th set... At 6-6 the next 5 points he got 4, like FOUR were nets edge balls. I played my best possible tactical match and the nets edges were raw deal. Went 8-3 w/l in u2000 and will likely lose 45 points from that event. Overall good performance to make semis in a strong field. Coulda been finals.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Great Job William ! congrats for making the semis !
Lost to Heavy Spin 7-11 in 5th set... At 6-6 the next 5 points he got 4, like FOUR were nets edge balls. I played my best possible tactical match and the nets edges were raw deal. Went 8-3 w/l in u2000 and will likely lose 45 points from that event. Overall good performance to make semis in a strong field. Coulda been finals.