Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
The Dragon is tired

3bc674a4gy1g2imy9zovyj23402c04qp.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
He has a very good opportunity of winning the next olympics! If he does and the rest of CTTS players are unable to take charge, Ma long might go to the next world's to try and clinch the fourth and be the undeniable GOAT!
My two cents but it will also depend with injuries. Let's see how it goes.
His feat is just amazing! Especially after being doubted by many earlier in his career!
Same goes to Liu Shiwen! I hope she wins the olympics!

He wasn't doubted by many, he just choked and put too much pressure on himself. Trust me, very few people were given as many resources and opportunities to cope with their issues as Ma Long was, and you don't get those resources if people truly doubt you. If you watch any interview with any of the CNT, they always put Ma Long as being someone who just had to resolve his issues. What was unfortunate was that he and ZJK were not at their peaks at quite the same time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
He wasn't doubted by many, he just choked and put too much pressure on himself. Trust me, very few people were given as many resources and opportunities to cope with their issues as Ma Long was, and you don't get those resources if people truly doubt you. If you watch any interview with any of the CNT, they always put Ma Long as being someone who just had to resolve his issues. What was unfortunate was that he and ZJK were not at their peaks at quite the same time.

ZJK bowed out (or shall I say lost hunger from the game) too early. He had all the resources in the world to work around his injury issues if he wanted. Either way I wish he was still in 2011-2013 form now and we would have had some epic matches to talk about.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019

Lol, what?

Given what opportunities?

The best in the world doesn't need opportunities.

He was denied the Olympics in 2012 while being #1.

It's only normal that you are allowed to compete or whatever you are insinuating here by saying given opportunities..

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
seriously, I don't get why so many sports are so hesitant to implement a simple video review?

It is hard to co-ordinate and takes time. Even in the NBA and NFL, it can add 2 minutes, sometimes more. And these are the two of richest sports in the world. I think a net sensor makes more sense for let calls, with a threshold and audible response that makes it clear to everyone.

Reactions: Michal_Z
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
seriously, I don't get why so many sports are so hesitant to implement a simple video review?
This game was literally stolen from Ito/Hayata...

Badminton uses the hawk-eye system like Tennis. Volleyball uses a multi-camera system to review questionable shots/calls from different angles. This one could work for table tennis.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
It is hard to co-ordinate and takes time. Even in the NBA and NFL, it can add 2 minutes, sometimes more. And these are the two of richest sports in the world. I think a net sensor makes more sense for let calls, with a threshold and audible response that makes it clear to everyone.

Maybe I should have rephrased my sentence. I don't get why so many sports refuse to use technology to make things fairer. It can't be that two players can simply call a netball in a crucial situation like this and get through with it even though the ball didn't touch the net.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Lol, what?

Given what opportunities?

The best in the world doesn't need opportunities.

He was denied the Olympics in 2012 while being #1.

It's only normal that you are allowed to compete or whatever you are insinuating here by saying given opportunities..

I think anyone familiar with TT knows that this 2012 story is not as simplistic as you make out. Familiarize yourself with the details, and we can have an informed conversation. Maybe when you have, then it will be worth discussing. Because you seem to not even try to understand how the players deal with issues in the background.

Jan 2018
Dishonest XX against FZD at the Asian Games 2014, dishonest LJK against Kenta Matsudaira at Qatar Open 2017, dishonest WMY/SYS against Ito/Hayata here...

Reactions: yoass and RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Oh crap, Liu Shiwen passed the gum to Xiao Zhan, it's over for the Japanese pair!
2-0 lead for Japan, Xiao Zhan starts chewing gum, 2-4, rip. Happy for ShaSha and the girl from a poor family Wang Manyu. But very sad for Mima Ito and Hina Hayata. A disappointment of a WTTC for one and a mindboggling decision not to give a singles spot to another, winning this gold would've been sweet.

Reactions: zeio