Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Average - adequate info available

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Poor - Slightly lacking in info

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Complete Rubbish - Waste of time reading it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Here is a review of my all time favourite and current rubber on both sides!

Tibhar%20Nimbus%20Sound%20Speedeffect%20inside.jpg

Image from Super Sunman

Nimbus Sound is the softest of the Tibhar Nimbus range and falls into the category of incredibly soft table tennis rubbers. This rubber is fast and spinny and has a real spring to it. With max sponge backing it goes off like a rocket. I have always found with Nimbus Sound it has great feeling and is suited to a wide range of blades. It is a very versatile rubber also I can even chop with it when I get pushed back and include lots of touchplay.
Speed 5/5
Spin 4.5/5
Control 4/5
Feeling 5/5
Price 4/5

Overall 5/5

All I can say is, if you haven't tried Tibhar Nimbus Sound yet then put it on your to-do list it is an incredible rubber ideally suited for offensive play, I have used it on my fh and bh sides on and off for the last 3 years and no matter what other rubber I try I always come back to Nimbus Sound, it's a rubber I can truly rely on! :)

In terms of issues with the rubber as a soft rubber it is prone to flake around the edges and some sheets can bubble after a while. It is not as great for short play as a harder rubber and sometimes the spring can take the ball a little higher but I think allround the adjustment period for that is not very long. Overall it's a great rubber for either forehand or backhand, very good for controlled spin or a faster attacking ball.

Last edited:
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Nimbus Soft is faster and more ruthless I used to use it on my backhand with sound on my forehand side but have since reverted to using Sound on both sides, I just love that rubber but yes Soft is also very good. I did find it ironic however that Nimbus Sound is actually softer than Nimbus Soft

Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Yes definitely less durable, after a while it will start to flake around the edges but I have found this is a problem with many soft rubbers, rapid dtecs soft and nimbus soft are also similar, however it has a relatively good life span, I train on average about 14 hours a week and my nimbus sound can still potentially last 3-4 months.

It's medium to high throw angle so 40+ deg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Oooh alrite then, a good thing to have in mind next time I try a new rubber (previously I wanted to use Nimbus Soft on my FH)..

Nimbus Soft is faster and more ruthless I used to use it on my backhand with sound on my forehand side but have since reverted to using Sound on both sides, I just love that rubber but yes Soft is also very good. I did find it ironic however that Nimbus Sound is actually softer than Nimbus Soft

I think the term sound is a degree of comparison used for sth softer than soft, its like soooo soft that the sound of the ball hitting the blade could be heard haha..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
I've tried Nimbus Sound 1,8mm on a BTY Defense II blade. Please read this as a "combo" review and not a standalone rubber review.
1) Nimbus sound can generate enough spin on services and topspins but not enough when chopping, pushing
2) Counter looping is easy, but when flat hitting it feels too soft, balls tend to go too long. Changing blade angles doesn't help much, feeling is still not there..
3) Pushing is quite hard, cause of spring effect. Balls tend to go either long on stronger pushes, or haven't enough spin on simple pushes.

Bottom line, I would not recommend for modern defense, but It's quite good for loopers.

Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
EWWW Hexer HD! lol can't stand Hexer or Hexer HD. I got a new sheet of Hexer and after 2 weeks I ripped it off my bat and tore it into about 10 pieces. I've never done that with any of my tt equipment before but it was frustratingly rubbish :D

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
EWWW Hexer HD! lol can't stand Hexer or Hexer HD. I got a new sheet of Hexer and after 2 weeks I ripped it off my bat and tore it into about 10 pieces. I've never done that with any of my tt equipment before but it was frustratingly rubbish :D

Haha, every taste is different Matt ;)

I also like the Temper Tech blades, but other players in my club thinks its weird.. Hexer HD and Andro Temper Tech is a great combo for me, but it might be rubbish to you :p