Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey what's happening guys!

Wow this is one of our most requested reviews ever, here it is the STIGA Cybershape Blade Review, and who better to do it with than none other than the 2021 World Championship Silver Medalist Truls Moregard.

In this review we both used the DNA Platnium XH rubbers on both sides on the Cybershape.

Grab your 10% on the Cyberblade using the discount code: system10 here https://www.stigasports.com/eu/table-tennis/cybershape-carbon-cybershape-carbon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Hi dan
Geart review as always, can i ask that how is this blade compair with the dynsaty carbon xuxin edition? i cant deciede which one to choose for the first carbon blade, thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Hi, if your first carbon I would go with Cybershape since the blade offers great control but also great speed. The Xuxin is a little bit faster than Cybershape. Both blades are excellent choice, I have both of them.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Where did those numbers/stats come from at the end? People aren't calibrated machines.
Any time some one mentions that equipment has control, you know they don't know what they are talking about.
What is a sweet spot? We all know that hitting the ball near the center of mass for the blade gives us the best results. So how do the corners of the cybershape help? The area near the corners of the cybershape are not good for hitting. They are too far away from the center of mass. The only thing I can figure is that the extra mass away from the center of mass increases the rotational inertia. Since the cybershape has more area away from the handle, the paddle will have more rotational inertia relative to the handle. This will affect players that use their wrists a lot while serving or even playing.

Sadly, I have seen more research done on pickle ball paddles that on TT paddles.

Reactions: hipnotic and lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Where did those numbers/stats come from at the end? People aren't calibrated machines.
Any time some one mentions that equipment has control, you know they don't know what they are talking about.
What is a sweet spot? We all know that hitting the ball near the center of mass for the blade gives us the best results. So how do the corners of the cybershape help? The area near the corners of the cybershape are not good for hitting. They are too far away from the center of mass. The only thing I can figure is that the extra mass away from the center of mass increases the rotational inertia. Since the cybershape has more area away from the handle, the paddle will have more rotational inertia relative to the handle. This will affect players that use their wrists a lot while serving or even playing.

Sadly, I have seen more research done on pickle ball paddles that on TT paddles.

haha, troll. I guess you should check the information on stiga's website then. They have a lot of information and research conducted by the royal instititute of technology in Sweden. I do however share your opinion that butterfly for example do absolutely zero in terms of research.

NDH

says Spin to win!

haha, troll. I guess you should check the information on stiga's website then. They have a lot of information and research conducted by the royal instititute of technology in Sweden. I do however share your opinion that butterfly for example do absolutely zero in terms of research.

Are you associated with Stiga at all? Or just a fan?

If i said “Swedish company hand picks unknown statistics in collaboration with Swedish researchers to promote new product”…… It doesn’t sound quite so convincing! 😂

It’s like when you see a headline of “Sugar is good for you”, and then you find out the research is all paid for by Coca Cola.

Butterfly are absolutely the most prominent in this area. Like Apple in the technology world, they are excellent marketers who also make very good products.

But I’m not sure you can criticise Butterfly and then praise Stiga for doing the exact same thing. It’s 100% marketing, plain and simple.

Truls getting to the final playing with it must have been a dream come true for Stiga! But I personally don’t put any of that down to his blade.

The only connection I’d make would be his confidence, and if the blade gave him that confidence, then great.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews

Are you associated with Stiga at all? Or just a fan?

If i said “Swedish company hand picks unknown statistics in collaboration with Swedish researchers to promote new product”…… It doesn’t sound quite so convincing! 😂

It’s like when you see a headline of “Sugar is good for you”, and then you find out the research is all paid for by Coca Cola.

Butterfly are absolutely the most prominent in this area. Like Apple in the technology world, they are excellent marketers who also make very good products.

But I’m not sure you can criticise Butterfly and then praise Stiga for doing the exact same thing. It’s 100% marketing, plain and simple.

Truls getting to the final playing with it must have been a dream come true for Stiga! But I personally don’t put any of that down to his blade.

The only connection I’d make would be his confidence, and if the blade gave him that confidence, then great.

Just glance through the history of his posts on this forum - he is 100% associated with Stiga. Just imagine having to post stuff like this on a public forum in the hope your boss will see this and notice ...
I noticed on STIGA's Facebook that their President and CEO made the IceBucketChallenge. I think it's great! I really appreciate when CEO's do ordinary stuff. Really shows that everyone is human and that everyone can have a good bit of fun.

I only wish my boss was that cool and down to earth.

Good Job STIGA!

Here you can watch it.

Reactions: Dream2K
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014

Obviously a fan, but also of Xiom who does cool products and unique design as well. Based on my quote, I guess I could say the same thing and ask if you are associated with Butterfly. It however doesn't matter. We all have our opinions, just like when we route for different teams in football.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Just glance through the history of his posts on this forum - he is 100% associated with Stiga. Just imagine having to post stuff like this on a public forum in the hope your boss will see this and notice ...

Haha, post of the decade! Please don't be so Off Topic and try to change the topic of the thread.

Great Review, Dan!

NDH

says Spin to win!
Obviously a fan, but also of Xiom who does cool products and unique design as well. Based on my quote, I guess I could say the same thing and ask if you are associated with Butterfly. It however doesn't matter. We all have our opinions, just like when we route for different teams in football.

Absolutely nothing wrong with being a fan of one particular brand.

But when it gets to the point where you are overly positive on one brand, and negative towards the others, it just looks a little suspicious.

Anyway, on the Cybershape, have you used it yet?