Hybrid rubbers how close to Tacky Chinese or Grippy ESN spring sponge?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I tried DHS H8-80 37° on my BH for a few weeks, liked it a lot, so I got the 38° version to test on FH, absolutely hated it lol

Then I put Tibhar Hybrid K3 on, and it felt great. On the Andro TP_Ligna CI OFF blade, it feels even better than H3 BS 39° imo

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I tried DHS H8-80 37° on my BH for a few weeks, liked it a lot, so I got the 38° version to test on FH, absolutely hated it lol

Then I put Tibhar Hybrid K3 on, and it felt great. On the Andro TP_Ligna CI OFF blade, it feels even better than H3 BS 39° imo

I have found K3 to be my favourite FH rubber by some way - I love it.

Hey Duke.Did you try the K3 on your BH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

I’ve not played Bluegrip but have used D09c a fair bit - I’d say K3 feels softer (which I’m sure it is) and is just a bit easier to play than 09c and also C53 which I also like.

Yeah, I like K3 a lot, plus it makes the cracking noise at medium to low impact, makes the opponent think I'm hitting really hard, while in reality it could be just a slow but very spinny loop 😁, throws them off and misjudge the return.

Hey Duke.Did you try the K3 on your BH?

no

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
@Wrighty67 do you have durability issues with K3? This is how mine looks like after just 10 hours of hitting and serving... the tackiness is mostly gone from this region now 😂

Wow, that’s odd - no I don’t have any issues after having used it for 25+ hours including three consecutive 5h days. It looks and plays like new - I’ll certainly report back if anything changes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018

Wow, that’s odd - no I don’t have any issues after having used it for 25+ hours including three consecutive 5h days. It looks and plays like new - I’ll certainly report back if anything changes.

Hi Wrighty – Interesting you've changed to K3 - im temped to try, or Rakza Z. What do you prefer to D09c? Also C53 you say you like but prefer K3, what isn't liked? Rakza 7 on BH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

Hi Wrighty – Interesting you've changed to K3 - im temped to try, or Rakza Z. What do you prefer to D09c? Also C53 you say you like but prefer K3, what isn't liked? Rakza 7 on BH?

Hi

I like C53 and it's similar to K3 but maybe feels slightly harder to me, I just seem to be more comfortable with K3 than either C53 or D09c. I could certainly use D09c with no issue but it's probably a bit more demanding than K3 feels.

R7 on BH - love this rubber and feel it's just a great BH rubber for someone who is still developing their stroke.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

965750C5%2023D2%2043A8%20B25C%20CDC6D98CB118%20jpeg.jpeg

Here’s my K3 Duke - looks good and feels pretty new

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

965750C5%2023D2%2043A8%20B25C%20CDC6D98CB118%20jpeg.jpeg

Here’s my K3 Duke - looks good and feels pretty new

wow, that looks so much better than mine. And I swear I'm not a pro-level player, neither do I hit like a truck. Well maybe I hit like an suv but still, that's only 10 hours 😂. I'll put on a new sheet Sunday and compare the difference after a week, hopefully it's just this sheet that's a little weird, otherwise I'll have to ditch the idea of using K3 as an alternative to H3 when I'm too lazy to boost. Though I guess the good thing about these marks is that I know I'm contacting the ball pretty consistently in one spot, the center part is where my drives and loops hit, and the upper left region is where I do my serves.

Can you clean it with rubber cleaner?

I'm disappointed in you Michael, you really think as a EJ master I don't clean my rubbers after everytime I play?

Last edited: