Yinhe Jupiter 3 Amazing Rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
There is also the National blue sponge version of Jupiter 3. I don't know how that one is.

I wanted to give a bit more information about the blue sponge version of Jupiter 3. On the package it mentions that it comes "factory tuned" and already has glue applied to the rubber, similar to Hurricane 3 Neo. It also has a very strong fishy/amine chemical smell.

Please take this "review" with a grain of salt as I do not have the most experience (been playing for a year) and have not tried too many rubbers. I will compare the Blue sponge Jupiter 3 with Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge. Both Hurricane 3 and Jupiter 3 were boosted with 2 layers of Haifu National Yellow booster. Both were tested on an Innerforce Layer ZLC.

Overall, I found the Blue sponge version of Jupiter 3 a bit less forgiving compared to Hurricane 3 Prov. In particular, the topsheet of the Jupiter 3 rubber seems a bit thicker and harder compared to H3. If you can hit with enough force with J3, you are rewarded with excellent shot quality. It overall produces a ball with as much spin or more than H3 if hit properly. It just seems to really take noticeably more effort compared to H3, imo.

In terms of the original tackiness, Blue Sponge Jupiter 3 was much tackier compared to H3 Prov. After some use both J3 and H3 lost some tackiness but J3 is still tackier.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hmm, C2 and D09c don't feel the same at all. C2 is more in the "traditional" Chinese feel, while D09c is quite bouncy in comparison. C2 topsheet doesn't feel so stretchy and D09c feels very stretchy.

C2 probably is closer to chinese style of rubbers.

Although you might be right, it is not a big factor because it just >kind of< a reference to get direction of how the rubber might behave. You can never tell because it highly depends on which blade the rubber sits and in which hand^^ (not meaning left or right...)

Right now i can deal with a slower rubber than vega x/pro but with that tradeoff i want more control and better counterattack capabilities, otherwise i would destroy several tactics and curent playing abilities of mine.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Michael did you try 61 Second Kangaroo? Can you compare it to this rubber?

I have not tried it. I decided to give Jupiter 3 a try because I read raving reviews on it, so I thought it had a chance to surprise to the upside. From my testing, everything about the other raving review turned out to be completely true.

Haven't read anything about Kangaroo.

Well, as I said, the bounciness, the elasticity, the catapult of Jupiter 3 is very high. I would say that even without booster, it is equal to ESN hybrids. I hope you try it to see if you agree. It's not so expensive anyway. I think the catapult in 38 and 39 hardness is more than 40 or 41.

Jupiter 3 is much faster and more catapulty than Battle 2. I've used Battle 2 provincial, and its much less catapult than Jupiter 3.

sorry bro, i have used this rubber a few times. Jupiter is an way slower than my Dynaryz ZGR and Rhyzen ZGR, and also an way slower than Rakza Z Extra Hard. These three are hybrid rubbers of ESN. If me and practice partner go to topspin x topspin is obvious the weakness of Jupiter sponge compared to this rubbers. When the oponent open a spinny and slow forehand loop and i counter attack, i can really feel the difference, these rubbers mentioned are an way faster and responsive. The catapult effect produced by each rubber against Jupiter have a surreal difference.

Jupiter is really a nice rubber, but certainly is not the same compared to most ESN Hydrids.

Last edited:
Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

sorry bro, i have used this rubber a few times. Jupiter is an way slower than my Dynaryz ZGR and Rhyzen ZGR, and also an way slower than Rakza Z Extra Hard. These three are hybrid rubbers of ESN. If me and practice partner go to topspin x topspin is obvious the weakness of Jupiter sponge compared to this rubbers. When the oponent open a spinny and slow forehand loop and i counter attack, i can really feel the difference, these rubbers mentioned are an way faster and responsive. The catapult effect produced by each rubber against Jupiter have a surreal difference.

Jupiter is really a nice rubber, but certainly is not the same compared to most ESN Hydrids.

Did you use the Jupiter 2 or Jupiter 3? There is a huge difference between the 2 and 3.

I've also tested ZGR. In my personal view, I would not consider the difference "huge" between it and Jupiter 3. I can imagine some people prefer one to the other. I also use Jupiter 3 for counter-loop and the performance is fantastic. Without considering the price, for me personally, I would consider very little difference in the catapult/power. If you consider that ZGR costs 5 times more, then the Jupiter 3 cost-performance really goes off the scale.

Did you use the Jupiter 2 or Jupiter 3? There is a huge difference between the 2 and 3.

I've also tested ZGR. In my personal view, I would not consider the difference "huge" between it and Jupiter 3. I can imagine some people prefer one to the other. I also use Jupiter 3 for counter-loop and the performance is fantastic. Without considering the price, for me personally, I would consider very little difference in the catapult/power. If you consider that ZGR costs 5 times more, then the Jupiter 3 cost-performance really goes off the scale.

Yes, i used both.

Obvious have the budget thing but you ignored this when you compared a 12$ rubber to a 57$ saying they are equal...

Different people can feel different things. You can feel they have little difference and i can feel huge difference, is alright, i think this is the spirit of the forum.

:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Yes, i used both.

Obvious have the budget thing but you ignored this when you compared a 12$ rubber to a 57$ saying they are equal...

Different people can feel different things. You can feel they have little difference and i can feel huge difference, is alright, i think this is the spirit of the forum.

:)

Yes of course, that's why I said that JUST in my personal opinion, I don't feel a big difference. If I had to play a match to save my life and had to pick a forehand rubber for the match, it would not be obvious to me which rubber to pick: Jupiter 3 or ZGR.

Since I'm used to using the Jupiter 3, I would pick the J3. But If i had 1 month to train for the life-saving match, I would not know which rubber to pick. They both are excellent in my view.

ESN rubbers feel more high-tech and have a more unique sensation, but the J3 has a tackier surface and seems spinnier because of that.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews

https://revspin.net/rubber/61-second-kangaroo.html

Well I just glanced at the other reviews, and they said the rubber is tacky and slow. So it doesn't sound anything like ESN rubber.

I don't know why they say this. My rubber not tacky and not slow at all. I have Gevo Nexxus EL 48 on other side of blade and almost don't feel difference between rubbers. Gewo feels a bit harder but speed about same

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

I don't know why they say this. My rubber not tacky and not slow at all. I have Gevo Nexxus EL 48 on other side of blade and almost don't feel difference between rubbers. Gewo feels a bit harder but speed about same

Can you post a simple bounce test video showing the rubber on both sides of your blade and bouncing the ball on it from various heights.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I'm tempted. Is there a UK supplier for Jupiter 3 Asia? Anyone advise?

Bought a Sanwei CC blade due to Michael's review, if my memories right. I love it.
Not UK, but Europe. Maybe you can try these guys. They have some youtube reviews on this rubber as well.

I'm glad you like the CC blade. I try to highlight a particular gem of equipment when I find that is far surpasses my expectations and is not often talked about.

Reactions: KMTT