W968 envy forced me to get HL5 clone

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Well I quit the HL5 clone and went back to my Stuor Harimoto ZLC clone, and I'm playing way better. It just has everything, has the dwell time from the soft limba, and the power and kick from the ZLC. I love this blade. The HL5 clone was just really sluggish.

I played a Japanese 2100 exchange student who is here in town for a few months. I lost 0-3, but all games were tight and I played well. I'll try to take a video nexttime.

I played another 2050 guy, and I lost 2-3. So I'm hanging in there with pretty high level players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
After putting this blade down for a few weeks, I put some rubbers on it and tried it out again. Actually I'm starting to appreciate it more than before.

Yes it is a bit slower than my regular blade, but it seems like its easy to impart spin. It has a very soft touch and feel.

Reactions: DukeGaGa and Fnub
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I just played a guy with this HL5 clone and some crappy Rxton 5.

He had TB Alc with d09c and d64. We played 2 games each with each others racket. I gotta say the hl5 clone was much better imo. Its way easier to loop, seems to hold onto the ball forever, easier to push and impart spin on all shots.

The TB alc was stiffer, and doesnt give much hold. It doesnt give much confidence.

So yeah, the hl5 clone doesnt feel as slow as i once thought and im starting to like it more. It has tons of control

Reactions: dingyibvs
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Innerforce wins and so does Rxton5 😂
Well Rxton5 isnt too bad, maybe a fine substitue for H3 commercial. But recently I gotta admit, H3 blue sponge is amazing and provides so much control and confidence.

But the point is that even the $11 rxton5 on $27 innerforce blade feels better than the $94 D09c on Timo Boll alc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Oh boy ! " AM I GOING TO QUOTE YOU" 😁
Well I don't want to believe it, but that's really what it seems. The TB ALC is really quite stiff. I don't see what's the big hype about it. It just seems like a very standard carbon blade. It's not that you can't hit loops, but it just doesn't feel particularly good.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Well I don't want to believe it, but that's really what it seems. The TB ALC is really quite stiff. I don't see what's the big hype about it. It just seems like a very standard carbon blade. It's not that you can't hit loops, but it just doesn't feel particularly good.
Oh, i am all with you. I sold my virtually brand new BTY Innerforce because it simply could not do
more for me than cheap blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hey can someone send a link to the stuor shop, I am super intrigued to check out and maybe buy a harimoto innerforce clone or an innerforce
stuor 2017 Store

I have 3 blades from them. Honestly like them all very much:
Harimoto szlc
Long 5
ZJK szlc

says Kristian Karlsson is the goat
Dec 2022
What’s the point to buy an “clone” blade? Just curiosity ? When there is original blades with similar compositions, that goes for almost any budget? If you want a Harimoto alc, but don’t have a budget with 180€ just buy Yasaka Ma Lin soft carbon for 50 etc..
For me it's out of curiosty, I don't really have a good reason just curious.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
What’s the point to buy an “clone” blade? Just curiosity ? When there is original blades with similar compositions, that goes for almost any budget? If you want a Harimoto alc, but don’t have a budget with 180€ just buy Yasaka Ma Lin soft carbon for 50 etc..
Ma Lin is not a clone of harimoto alc. The wood is different, and the fibre is different.

Reactions: hclnnkhg
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
sure, but if there is already a jump down from 180 to 50, why not make it 25 😂

Dec 2022
I first bought as a curiosity, but now its my main blade. The performance is really great to be honest.
Are they actually that good? I mean i have an amazing blade and I don't think I am gonna change anytime soon but if they are that good I atleast want to try, is there a difference to the real harimoto zlc and the clone one or no?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Are they actually that good? I mean i have an amazing blade and I don't think I am gonna change anytime soon but if they are that good I atleast want to try, is there a difference to the real harimoto zlc and the clone one or no?
Well to each person, it may feel different. For me the performance is indeed very good. My Harimoto blade has a lot of catapult and power and everybody is impressed by its looping power. But it also is somewhat soft, and gives some decent dwell time (not as much as the long 5 clone).

Compared to the real harimoto zlc, I would say the concept is very similar, but the exact rebound and feeling and dwell would differ here and there. It would be like comparing a Camry to an Accord, where conceptually they are the same, but the actual output is slightly different here and there.

Dec 2022
Well to each person, it may feel different. For me the performance is indeed very good. My Harimoto blade has a lot of catapult and power and everybody is impressed by its looping power. But it also is somewhat soft, and gives some decent dwell time (not as much as the long 5 clone).

Compared to the real harimoto zlc, I would say the concept is very similar, but the exact rebound and feeling and dwell would differ here and there. It would be like comparing a Camry to an Accord, where conceptually they are the same, but the actual output is slightly different here and there.
ah I see, I may consider buying the stuor long 5 just to try it out, it's super cheap so maybe.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
ah I see, I may consider buying the stuor long 5 just to try it out, it's super cheap so maybe.
why not get the harimoto? to me the harimoto szlc is the more memorable and standout blade. a lot of catapult and power.

The long 5 is more toned down. I compared it last night to a real harimoto alc, and the stuor long5 is softer with more flex.