W968 envy forced me to get HL5 clone

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
Ma Lin is not a clone of harimoto alc. The wood is different, and the fibre is different.
I’m not saying it’s a “clone” but it’s the same type of a blade - innerforce type with carbon, and also, very good one for a cheap price, also it’s original. What’s the point to buy unauthentic products, or “clones” - but i guess, i will never get it, there is just no point to buying such equipment for me. Just my humble opinion. Anyone can have their own. I was just interested what’s pushing people to make such a purchases 🙃

says Kristian Karlsson is the goat
says Kristian Karlsson is the goat
Dec 2022
why not get the harimoto? to me the harimoto szlc is the more memorable and standout blade. a lot of catapult and power.

The long 5 is more toned down. I compared it last night to a real harimoto alc, and the stuor long5 is softer with more flex.
I think zlc is too fast for me, my technique isn't quite there for such a fast blade, I have a really fast wood blade and tend to miss sometime due to me messing up with my tehcnique so I think I will stick to either a innerforce alc or keep my wood blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I’m not saying it’s a “clone” but it’s the same type of a blade - innerforce type with carbon, and also, very good one for a cheap price, also it’s original. What’s the point to buy unauthentic products, or “clones” - but i guess, i will never get it, there is just no point to buying such equipment for me. Just my humble opinion. Anyone can have their own. I was just interested what’s pushing people to make such a purchases 🙃
It's exactly as you said, the composition is not the same. I would prefer to buy brands from Yinhe or Sanwei or Sword if they had the exact same composition and a low price. Sometimes they do, so I have bought in the past such as the Sanwei 75 and Yinhe V14 Pro.

If not, Stuor is a really great option because it has the same composition and low price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I think zlc is too fast for me, my technique isn't quite there for such a fast blade, I have a really fast wood blade and tend to miss sometime due to me messing up with my tehcnique so I think I will stick to either a innerforce alc or keep my wood blade.
I see, ok then try the Long 5 clone. It sounds like a very good option for you.

It 90% just feels like a wood blade and is quite soft and flexy. It has a bit of extra power from the alc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Ah okay, I am only 15 years old so my budget is not super high but 30 bucks doesn't sound bad for an innerforce alc blade so I think I am maybe going for that.
Since you're on a budget, 729 Yellow Carbon is also a good option since it's a W968 type blade at a budget.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
stuor 2017 Store

I have 3 blades from them. Honestly like them all very much:
Harimoto szlc
Long 5
ZJK szlc
that link basically does not show any products for that shop for me. Is that location restricted or is it the same for you guys ?

EDIT:
it is funny, cause the link shows the profile of the shop (as mobile page by default), but there are no products to be seen. If i manually search for stuor long 5 i can see the offers from that shop.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Are you going to get one?
At first i really thought about it, but since there is one HL-5 from GrandMast3r on it's way to me already, i will first check how i do like it.

I have a tendency to buy too many blades before knowing that i actually will play them in the long run. That is why i got two Stiga Cybershape Wood and two Xiom HAL blades (after i already sold one of my two TMXi and two of my AZXi). I mean it is good for the people that buy it at a discount, but perhaps there are better ways to waste my money that sponsoring other peoples blade demands :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Sword has a legit super ALC blade mimicking the 968 construction. I think it's the first (and only?) Chinese manufacturer that sourced original super ALC for making a blade. It's not a cheap blade though at $120, though I suppose cheaper than a 968 or super Vis.

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
Sword has a legit super ALC blade mimicking the 968 construction. I think it's the first (and only?) Chinese manufacturer that sourced original super ALC for making a blade. It's not a cheap blade though at $120, though I suppose cheaper than a 968 or super Vis.
Sword has their cheap Innerforce blade Sword Gold(Yellow?) Feather but it is not popular.also there is an outer one -Blue Feather. At 45 bucks they are pretty attractive.
How did you get that Sword uses the original Super ALC? Do they have this information in media?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
What’s the point to buy an “clone” blade? Just curiosity ? When there is original blades with similar compositions, that goes for almost any budget?
For me, the point is that you can get a blade with ZLC/PBO so cheaply. Even if the blade of course do not have a comparable SuperZLC layer as a blade from Butterfly.
My Stuor ZJk SZLC clone for example has a frequency of about 1350 Hz and weighs 94 g. It is not the clone of my Butterfly blade I was hoping for. It is a completely different blade, which would certainly find many buyers in that form. For a ZLC blade it is amazingly controlled.