W968 envy forced me to get HL5 clone

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Sword has their cheap Innerforce blade Sword Gold(Yellow?) Feather but it is not popular.also there is an outer one -Blue Feather. At 45 bucks they are pretty attractive.
How did you get that Sword uses the original Super ALC? Do they have this information in media?
It's officially claimed by Sword, and it's their only blade with green fiber. Check it out, it's the Sword 968-10pro. It's pretty clear judging by the name who the target buyers are ;)

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
For me, the point is that you can get a blade with ZLC/PBO so cheaply. Even if the blade of course do not have a comparable SuperZLC layer as a blade from Butterfly.
My Stuor ZJk SZLC clone for example has a frequency of about 1350 Hz and weighs 94 g. It is not the clone of my Butterfly blade I was hoping for. It is a completely different blade, which would certainly find many buyers in that form. For a ZLC blade it is amazingly controlled.
This is very clear explanation, cuz even when people calling it “clone”, in reality this is totally different of a racket. So you buying cat in the bag, ruled by desire to have similar one to BTY. That’s why im telling, so i rather buy original, that would suit my budget, with the similar type of construction. Because “clones” they are not “clones” to a blades that their supposed to be, their just have “clone” name tag on it, and totally different feeling and playing characteristics

Reactions: TT Lover
This user has no status.
It's officially claimed by Sword, and it's their only blade with green fiber. Check it out, it's the Sword 968-10pro. It's pretty clear judging by the name who the target buyers are ;)
On the left is SWORD HD Long5, the previous version, not available anymore, but was way cheaper. I didn't use Dhs W968, but I used DHS Long 5 commercial, Yinhe Pro 05 which is very similar to Long5, Butterfly Innerforce ALC, Harimoto ALC, Donic Ovtcharov No.1 Senso, but this Sword HD Long 5 is the best blade I ever used.

Attachments

• received_166032392884457.jpeg
    received_166032392884457.jpeg
    310.9 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
On the left is SWORD HD Long5, the previous version, not available anymore, but was way cheaper. I didn't use Dhs W968, but I used DHS Long 5 commercial, Yinhe Pro 05 which is very similar to Long5, Butterfly Innerforce ALC, Harimoto ALC, Donic Ovtcharov No.1 Senso, but this Sword HD Long 5 is the best blade I ever used.

How would you compare the Pro 05 against the HL5 (speed, flex, hardness etc)? Also what are Yinhe handles like? Bigger or smaller than DHS or Butterfly?

It's a blade I'd be interested in picking up in a future aliexpress sale due to the price and it not being an outright clone. I also like Yinhe products.

This user has no status.
How would you compare the Pro 05 against the HL5 (speed, flex, hardness etc)? Also what are Yinhe handles like? Bigger or smaller than DHS or Butterfly?

It's a blade I'd be interested in picking up in a future aliexpress sale due to the price and it not being an outright clone. I also like Yinhe products.
Yinhe handles are pretty thick and comfortable for the most part (V14 pro, Pro 01, Pro 05). A little bit thicker than korbel or timo boll alc and much thicker than regular dhs handles that's for sure.

Don't know about how it compares to HL5 though as I haven't seen anyone compared the two yet but from a person who has played both harimoto ALC and Pro 05 he said they are nearly identical except for counter top spins where Pro 05 due to its flexibility is better than harimoto. Neither of them are too flexy or dwelly. That person said he felt Pro 01 had better dwell time than Pro 05.

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.

To be honest I'm little dissapinted with Yinhe Pro 05. Not because is bad, but because I tried Sword HDL5 which is excellent. Yinhe Pro 05 is very similar to Dhs Long5, but handle is more comfortable for me, is thicker

To be honest I'm little disappointed with Yinhe Pro 05. Not because is a bad blade, but because I tried Sword HDL5 which is excellent blade. Yinhe Pro 05 is very similar to Long5 but handle is more comfortable for me, because is thicker at the top. Yinhe is harder than Butterfly Innerforce, but similar to DHS Long5 and Fang Bo B2. The blade is flexy, with very wooden feeling, but unclear in low power strokes, becomes clear and crispy with more power shots. Dhs Long 5 has similar problem, but Butterfly Innerforce ALC or Harimoto and Sword are clear all the time. I think because the structure is different. Butterfly and Sword is limba-ayous-ALC-ayous core. Dhs and Yinhe is limba-limba-ALC-syous core. The worst think is that Pro 05 doesn't pair good with some rubbers. For example Donic BlueGrip C2 feels awful on this, Nittaku Hammond Z2 also somehow doesn't pair well. Dhs Ga8 and Yinhe Juliter ll 40' is best combo I found.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
To be honest I'm little dissapinted with Yinhe Pro 05. Not because is bad, but because I tried Sword HDL5 which is excellent. Yinhe Pro 05 is very similar to Dhs Long5, but handle is more comfortable for me, is thicker

To be honest I'm little disappointed with Yinhe Pro 05. Not because is a bad blade, but because I tried Sword HDL5 which is excellent blade. Yinhe Pro 05 is very similar to Long5 but handle is more comfortable for me, because is thicker at the top. Yinhe is harder than Butterfly Innerforce, but similar to DHS Long5 and Fang Bo B2. The blade is flexy, with very wooden feeling, but unclear in low power strokes, becomes clear and crispy with more power shots. Dhs Long 5 has similar problem, but Butterfly Innerforce ALC or Harimoto and Sword are clear all the time. I think because the structure is different. Butterfly and Sword is limba-ayous-ALC-ayous core. Dhs and Yinhe is limba-limba-ALC-syous core. The worst think is that Pro 05 doesn't pair good with some rubbers. For example Donic BlueGrip C2 feels awful on this, Nittaku Hammond Z2 also somehow doesn't pair well. Dhs Ga8 and Yinhe Juliter ll 40' is best combo I found.

That's disappointing to hear but you wouldn't be the first to say that the feeling is unclear. I saw a youtube video from Chinese youtuber "Table Tennis Gan" where he reviewed the Pro-05 negatively for similar reasons.

I guess maybe 970 XX variants might be better for inner composition Yinhe blades?

This user has no status.
That's disappointing to hear but you wouldn't be the first to say that the feeling is unclear. I saw a youtube video from Chinese youtuber "Table Tennis Gan" where he reviewed the Pro-05 negatively for similar reasons.

I guess maybe 970 XX variants might be better for inner composition Yinhe blades?
I owned Yinhe 970xxA and it was a bad blade. Very stiff, non lineral speed, bouncy in short game, no control, lack of spin, dead feeling. Good looking blade with comfortable handle, but I don't recommend it at all. Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon is very good, cheap innerfiber Carbon blade. Take 85-90g and enjoy looping. Even DHS Pg5 is fine ,but thin handle.

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.

Which rubber of the two produces more spin: Jupiter II 40 or G8? And which one you feel more control with?

This user has no status.
Which rubber of the two produces more spin: Jupiter II 40 or G8? And which one you feel more control with?
GoldArc8 generates better spin and speed, but has less control, because is bouncy on Pro 05. Jupiter ll has better control, when boosted GoldArc8 is typical non tacky, tensor rubber. It generates high arc loops with good spin and very high spin very similar to Tenergy 05, but is easier to use than T05. I think Pro 05 blade fits best for chinese tacky rubbers on both sides.

Last edited:
Reactions: h3llary
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

After your long description of how good Sword HD L5 really is, I am interested to buy this blade. Cant find it on Ali though.
Can you suggest where to buy it?

This user has no status.
After your long description of how good Sword HD L5 really is, I am interested to buy this blade. Cant find it on Ali though.
Can you suggest where to buy it?
Sword HD Long 5 was available for short period. Now is replaced by new expensive model Sword 968-10pro. Same blade with different handle design and higher price. Recently I ordered SWORD VSea from TableTennisGan. It's an Innerforce ZLC structure blade. I can't wait. Gan said this blade is fantastic.

Attachments

• mmexport1681556632284.jpg
    mmexport1681556632284.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 197
  • mmexport1681556637069.jpg
    mmexport1681556637069.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 158
  • mmexport1681556649235.jpg
    mmexport1681556649235.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 162
  • mmexport1681556643463.jpg
    mmexport1681556643463.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 215
Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Sword HD Long 5 was available for short period. Now is replaced by new expensive model Sword 968-10pro. Same blade with different handle design and higher price. Recently I ordered SWORD VSea from TableTennisGan. It's an Innerforce ZLC structure blade. I can't wait. Gan said this blade is fantastic.
Sword VSea has vectran carbon, which is ALC. Nevertheless a nice looking blade. Let us know how thick the handle is, on the pics it looks a bit slim, among the lines of commercial HL5.

This user has no status.
Sword VSea has vectran carbon, which is ALC. Nevertheless a nice looking blade. Let us know how thick the handle is, on the pics it looks a bit slim, among the lines of commercial HL5.
Looks like you are right, Vectran Carbon is ALC. I'm condused by using different names for the same material. Actually Aramid Carbon is same as Kevlar Carbon.
About the handle, I hope is thicker than DHS FL which I don't like because is oval and thin. I will review after test.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Around how much does the Sword 968-10pro go for?

This user has no status.
I've got the same blade in the mail today, waiting for the end of the month to buy some rubbers for it.

Have good hopes for it, I am gonna pair it with Tibhar MK Hybrid on both sides most likely. The one I received weighed in at 90gr on my kitchenscale, still in the plastic seal.

Looking forward to trying it out, hope it gives me a bit more gears than my current Balsa Carbo blade, without throwing the control out of the window.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
What rubbers are shown in the photo? The purple sponge and pink topsheet?

You have a lot of nice inner fibre blades. What is your collection now and how do they differ from each other?