Long Life to Hybrid Rubbers 🏓 🙌

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
I've been training for almost 2 weeks with Hybrid Rubbers. Andro? No, Tibhar? No
🙌 Donic Bluestar A1

Donic_Bluestar_A1_VictorMoraga.jpg

I don't miss DNA Dragon Grip anymore.
Max on FH and 2.0 on BH. No booster + Cybershape Carbon. Only making good memories now.
The rubber has a long high arc. It felt like DNA Dragon Grip with Booster. I like the grip and the gears. Amazing rubber. Not going back at this point.

Last edited:
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
I've been training for almost 2 weeks with Hybrid Rubbers. Andro? No, Tibhar? No
🙌 Donic Bluestar A1
I don't miss DNA Dragon Grip.
Max on FH and 2.0 on BH. No booster + Cybershape Carbon. Only making good memories now.
The rubber has a long high arc. It felt that DNA Dragon Grip with Booster. I like the grip and the gears. Amazing rubber. Not going back at this point.

I have heard that it is as good as D09C, any experiences that you could share? Thank you.

Reactions: VictorMoraga
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
I have heard that it is as good as D09C, any experiences that you could share? Thank you.
For me DNA DG is similar to D09c
Bluestar A1 is faster than both for sure
Easier to make strong shots and a little tacky
I tried D09c, DNA DG and H3 Neo before.
With this Hybrid Rubber I fixed the problem using Booster 😍
Of course, 2 weeks is a short period but let's see how it goes in the following weeks during more training and tournaments.
By the way, I played a league with this setup yesterday and my summary is "So Far So Good".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
🙌 Donic Bluestar A1
I don't miss DNA Dragon Grip anymore.
The rubber has a long high arc. It felt like DNA Dragon Grip with Booster. I like the grip and the gears. Amazing rubber. Not going back at this point.

Finally somebody using bluestar. I was curious about this one but for some reason it went quite low profile

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Is the Donic Bluestar tacky at all? How is it for short/soft shots?
It's slightly tacky, but grippy. I like the high "throw angle" and the gears. Sometimes I keep the ball pretty short or I can make a deep and powerful shot. I think this rubber fits my game :)

If H3 felt too slow, why not pair it with your old Carbonado 290?
I have problems with the touch/feeling with H3. I knot that's personal, but I prefer to feel the ball more.
About Carbonado 245/290 is almost no dwell time. That means, the ball doesn't have enough time to break into the rubber/sponge. Carbonado 245/290 is perfect for a smasher, not for a Looper.

Maybe this rubber will be wild with a faster blade, but so far so good on Cybershape Carbon.

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
when you hit the ball at the camera, I could see the Magnus effect on the ball so you are getting good top spin. Also, you loops were low.

You're right. Topspin shots were loaded.
We were training some half long serves + footwork
On that video I used long swing, but we were training short and faster swings too.
Material is important, but not as much as training a proper technique

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Hi Victor,

As Bluestar A1 is from the Donic stable, how does it compare to Bluegrip C1/C2 ??
I have tried C2, which has low tackiness, similar to D09C. I thought the C2 was pretty close to D09C, softer feel, but that’s me!!

Hi @IB66 , I tried the rubber BG C2 in a training session. Similar thoughts like your comment, low tackiness, softer feel than D09c but longevity is not too good.
Let's see how this hybrid rubber does. Only 2 weeks testing it !

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
It's slightly tacky, but grippy. I like the high "throw angle" and the gears. Sometimes I keep the ball pretty short or I can make a deep and powerful shot. I think this rubber fits my game :)

I have problems with the touch/feeling with H3. I knot that's personal, but I prefer to feel the ball more.
About Carbonado 245/290 is almost no dwell time. That means, the ball doesn't have enough time to break into the rubber/sponge. Carbonado 245/290 is perfect for a smasher, not for a Looper.

Maybe this rubber will be wild with a faster blade, but so far so good on Cybershape Carbon.
Interesting - that's not my impression of 245 at all, but table tennis feelings are unique to each individual and I didn't use the penhold version either.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Just watched your dragon grip video the other day, and thinking about getting one to try. This also looks interesting, will probably add that to my shopping cart as well. Curious whether you’ve tried Victas TD before? For me that fixed all the problems H3 Neo has.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I’ve seen the Bluestar A1 on TT11, maybe I’ll get a sheet!! EJ bug has started to return now that the league season has almost finished here in the UK !!
Already bought a sheet of R48 (which I’ve used before) and Donic Barracuda.
One more won’t hurt!!!
Just watched your dragon grip video the other day, and thinking about getting one to try. This also looks interesting, will probably add that to my shopping cart as well. Curious whether you’ve tried Victas TD before? For me that fixed all the problems H3 Neo has.
I had been asking on TTD forum why nobody has tried this new FH style rubber from Donic the past few months! Donic has been marketing it as if it's a huge improvement on their existing lineup, so I was wondering why it kinda flew below the radar.

Now all of a sudden everybody wants to try it because of Victor! :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I had been asking on TTD forum why nobody has tried this new FH style rubber from Donic the past few months! Donic has been marketing it as if it's a huge improvement on their existing lineup, so I was wondering why it kinda flew below the radar.

Now all of a sudden everybody wants to try it because of Victor! :p
This is actually the first time I’ve heard of this rubber 🤣

Reactions: Choosikick