Looking for rubbers with medium hardness and good control

This user has no status.
Hello, could you advise inverted rubbers with medium hardness and very good control for a developing offensive player? I was thinking to mount these on a Nittaku Septear Lead that is a little bit lighter than usual woods, so avoid super heavy rubbers but weight wouldn't be a top priority in my choice. Thanks for your advices!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
In Stiga sponsored clubs in Sweden they recommend Stiga DNA Platinum M (2,1mm) on both sides for developing players on a 5-ply All+ blade. Beginners use Stiga DNA Future insted. Rakza 7 is popular aswell but Stigas DNA Platinum is better in my opinion.

Reactions: Trevize84
This user has no status.
In Stiga sponsored clubs in Sweden they recommend Stiga DNA Platinum M (2,1mm) on both sides for developing players on a 5-ply All+ blade. Beginners use Stiga DNA Future insted. Rakza 7 is popular aswell but Stigas DNA Platinum is better in my opinion.
Thanks for the insight. Rakza X is one of the rubbers on the radar. I'll have a look at the DNA platinum M, I had a couple of tries with that rubber, once on a $10 blade and once on an all-wood cybershape. I didn't like the feeling but I had the impression it was due to the blade in both cases.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Thanks for the insight. Rakza X is one of the rubbers on the radar. I'll have a look at the DNA platinum M, I had a couple of tries with that rubber, once on a $10 blade and once on an all-wood cybershape. I didn't like the feeling but I had the impression it was due to the blade in both cases.
Rakza X is a good choice aswell but 2.0, not max for a developing player. A little lower throwing compared to DNA Platinum.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Sanwei Gear Hyper is a really nice rubber with euro feeling and at the same time very linear that gives super control in every stroke.

Yinhe Big Dipper 38deg is also a nice one with a semi-tacky top sheet, and a little softer feel.

Pimplepark Epos is a German made tacky rubber with a soft sponge and a softer top sheet. A vague catapult and really good feeling, available up to 1.9mm sponge.

This user has no status.
Sanwei Gear Hyper is a really nice rubber with euro feeling and at the same time very linear that gives super control in every stroke.

Yinhe Big Dipper 38deg is also a nice one with a semi-tacky top sheet, and a little softer feel.

Pimplepark Epos is a German made tacky rubber with a soft sponge and a softer top sheet. A vague catapult and really good feeling, available up to 1.9mm sponge.
Thanks for these alternatives. I'll have a look!

I'm also looking at these rubbers, in case any of you guys can give me some feedback:

Donic barracuda
Nittaku Hammond Z2
Tibhar Aurus Prime

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Really interesting product, but looks like quite tough to find on the European market. I would need to import that.

How does this compare to a Rakza Z? (In case you know)
Yes it is but I sell it here in EU.

Actually I don't know how it stands against Rakza Z as I haven't played with it. I could guess that Rakza Z is a little bit softer and might be a little bouncier, but I really don't know.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022

I'm also looking at these rubbers, in case any of you guys can give me some feedback:

Donic barracuda
Nittaku Hammond Z2
Tibhar Aurus Prime
feedback over Nittaku Hammond z2, Well it is high throw but the hardness is 50 degree, Which slightly above medium. Spin is very "easy" to create, in powerful shots gives as much as high end german rubbers. (Tenergy, Dignics) In slower shots it is spinny but goes out easy. Very bouncy rubber but not as much as Rakza 7

says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
recommend Stiga DNA Platinum M (2,1mm) on both sides
Great rubber for BH, BUT only for a couple of months, then it become "pillow", power and control drops significantly, so for it's (high) price I don't feel like it's a great choice (will still play with it for a while, was so impressed with it initially, so that I bought a cople of spare ones...)... For now trying Glayzer 09C on BH of my second blade, will see how it goes, maybe will migrate on it from Platinum M...

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014

Donic barracuda
Nittaku Hammond Z2
Tibhar Aurus Prime
I can only speak on Baracuda, VX was one of my previous bh rubbers so I can compare them a bit. Baracuda has a bit better spin and grip, safer arc when attacking, but less 'automatic'/springy and more spin-sensitive than VX. Baracuda is also a tic heavier than VX so it may not be as much in your wheelhouse, but Vega X started losing its fresh playing characteristics quite quickly for me whereas Baracuda has so far proven to wear a bit slower and more predictably.

This user has no status.
I can only speak on Baracuda, VX was one of my previous bh rubbers so I can compare them a bit. Baracuda has a bit better spin and grip, safer arc when attacking, but less 'automatic'/springy and more spin-sensitive than VX. Baracuda is also a tic heavier than VX so it may not be as much in your wheelhouse, but Vega X started losing its fresh playing characteristics quite quickly for me whereas Baracuda has so far proven to wear a bit slower and more predictably.
I found Vega X enough durable, at least for my frequency of use. I did notice a change in performance but overall it was still great rubber for my taste. What scares me is that Barracuda is heavier than Vega X. My Primorac with 2 Vega X is already 189 grams. I'm planning to potentially use the Baracuda on a Nittaku Septear Lead that has Hinoki wood and is a bit lighter than the Primorac. However I'd like to stay below 180g, so if I go Baracuda on one side I should go for something much lighter on the other side.

This user has no status.
Look no further than Tibhar Aurus. Soft topsheet, overall plays like a 47/48 hardness. Makes nearly all shots easy. Good top end on big swings too.
Lots of people has only good words for this rubber. I'm a bit afraid because I have an FX-S on my Yasaka Sweden Extra and I found this rubber uncontrollable (because too sensitive to spin) and very sensitive to humidity. Overall my experience with Tibhar rubbers is really poor.