DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Oct 2025
55
60
174
Just curious but did you seal it before? most DHS blades have this, b2x too :)
Honestly, I didn’t seal any of my DHS blades. I prefer to experience the blade as it comes from the factory, without adding any protective coating.

My B2X did chip a little when I removed the glue, but it was very minor. This is actually the first time I’ve ever seen the glue clump up like that when applying it to a blade.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Active Member
Jan 2026
681
616
2,735
@victormanriquey too bad you're not coming to Düsseldorf! We still need to make one or more EJ sessions happen :D
Yes sorry! Absolutely 100%!!
I've been doing some reading, and I saw it and they're both very similar design philosophies as WCQ and Hugo although they have some difference soverall are quite similar, both blades seem to have a pronounced two gear system. Gear one is where the blade is controlled and easy to play in a short game, but gear two is where the blades really excel in this category OFF/OFF where they are for mid distance aggression and forehand hand and backhand power play. The Hugo Calderano ARY-C seems to be better in gear one and overall has more control, but the Q968 has more aggression, but is ultimately harder to engage. Overall the ARY-C is controlled, and better has better qc, and cost Q968, but it depends whether you value the second or first gear more. I also think that the ARY-C in some areas is better for European styles, but Q968 more in the Chinese style, yet plus power.
I ll need to test but sounds promising!
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Active Member
Jan 2026
681
616
2,735
Honestly, I didn’t seal any of my DHS blades. I prefer to experience the blade as it comes from the factory, without adding any protective coating.

My B2X did chip a little when I removed the glue, but it was very minor. This is actually the first time I’ve ever seen the glue clump up like that when applying it to a blade.
Yeah they all need sealing im afraid, if you go for the DHS sealer you wont notice a thing, i use it nowadays on all blades and its all good!
 
  • Like
Reactions: GhostBackhand
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Active Member
Nov 2023
875
625
1,547
Sure. The spin generation of the KingACB is much better than the B2X haha. I'd say it's about 20% higher. But the power output is significantly weaker compared to the B2X. Makes sense though, the B2X is stiff as a rock with its super thick core. The B2X doesn't produce any noticeable vibration upon impact, but to make up for it, the power is quite good. And B2X & KingACB are't head-heavy
B2X = Yinhe Pro 05 ? Never played with a blade with so few vibrations.
 
  • Like
Reactions: victormanriquey
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2019
1,209
929
6,256
Honestly, I didn’t seal any of my DHS blades. I prefer to experience the blade as it comes from the factory, without adding any protective coating.

My B2X did chip a little when I removed the glue, but it was very minor. This is actually the first time I’ve ever seen the glue clump up like that when applying it to a blade.
You were lucky
 
  • Like
Reactions: victormanriquey
This user has no status.
Hey all!

For my last review of this month, I managed to make some time for a blogpost I really wanted to make for a long time, the comparison of four inner DHS blades I've played (and still play) a lot with and that I really love: the DHS Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 and B2X. They are similar in a way, but still with their own clear characters and personality, so they fit different play styles and philosophies (plus the handles differ as well, very important!)

So here is the full blog link: https://www.tabletennisequipmenthelp.com/blog/dhs-inner-carbon-blades-comparison

View attachment 42961
And here's the TL;DR if you don't have the time to read the full wall of text:

CategoryBlade ranking
Composition, Weight, Handles, Ply ThicknessAll 4 are ayous/limba with inner AC (aromatic carbon), ply thickness and handles vary. Similar weights
Speed, Control & Gears (High to low speed)Long 5 > Wang Chuqin > B2X ≥ Sun Yingsha
Feeling, Vibration & Dwell (High to low hardness)B2X ≥ Sun Yingsha > Long 5 > Wang Chuqin
Price & DurabilityB2X is low-cost, the others premium, they are fragile but durable if sealed and handled correctly.

Hope you guys will enjoy this review and comparison and if you have any questions please let me know!

Take care and thanks for reading!

Victor

Ps. Just for some fun, in the last weeks, I sold one of the blades to a friend, so I didn't have the box anymore, so I had to ninja it into the hero image with claude (I had an old image on the same room floor, so that helped haha Let's see if you can spot which one without checking the full blogpost hahaha and yes, all the other images are real (as you can see in the shit image quality and composition, I'm so terrible at those things), no AI slop with me (ever) ;)
I come back on your website, and see so many new blogpost haha. Happy to see you finally tested the Long 5. I just feel like you inverted the order in the feeling/vibration and dwell ranking. To me, and your description the blade with the highest vibration is the long 5, then WCQ then SUN and B2X, yet your list says the complete opposite.

Happy to rank my blade in all of the list you mentioned. Did you switch from WCQ to Long 5 on your main setup ?
 
  • Love
Reactions: victormanriquey
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Oct 2019
2,154
1,113
3,998
Read 5 reviews
I come back on your website, and see so many new blogpost haha. Happy to see you finally tested the Long 5. I just feel like you inverted the order in the feeling/vibration and dwell ranking. To me, and your description the blade with the highest vibration is the long 5, then WCQ then SUN and B2X, yet your list says the complete opposite.

Happy to rank my blade in all of the list you mentioned. Did you switch from WCQ to Long 5 on your main setup ?
Doing this kind of ranking is a bit of an issue. HL5 can vibrate a lot but you have to put or receive a fair bit of power. If you are playing with someone who is not making any power, you will get less vibration on some of the blades. I do not know how quantify it, but the higher the gear availability the more it vibrates.
 
This user has no status.
Doing this kind of ranking is a bit of an issue. HL5 can vibrate a lot but you have to put or receive a fair bit of power. If you are playing with someone who is not making any power, you will get less vibration on some of the blades. I do not know how quantify it, but the higher the gear availability the more it vibrates.
For sure to some extent you are right. But in the topic of this review, for a similar medium power stroke, we can rank them like Victor (well the list is inverted according to the text he wrote in the article, just the scale is inverted, the order is right).

Additionally, like victor wrote, Long 5 and WCQ are not for beginner, (the other 2 too, but more friendly), I expect the player to have some power to its disposal.
 
  • Like
Reactions: victormanriquey
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Oct 2019
2,154
1,113
3,998
Read 5 reviews
For sure to some extent you are right. But in the topic of this review, for a similar medium power stroke, we can rank them like Victor (well the list is inverted according to the text he wrote in the article, just the scale is inverted, the order is right).
There is also manufacturing consistency and the fact that wood is not heterogenous material. I've played a bunch of different brands, and even Butterfly sucks when it comes to making stuff the same way every time. There was an experiment by one of the Chinese content creators picking a FZD ALC, and the variance was there, the video was posted in different threads here many times, so I will refrain from doing it again.

There is a chance that the blade you got just is a build a bit differently. The blades are often glued by putting ~10-20 of them in a press. The ones on the edges get more clamping pressure than the middle ones. Sometimes the amount of resin will be different. Sometimes the veneers are not selected the same. They ones from the middle of the tree will feel different from the ones at the edge (I do not remember which one feels what way, I think the core ones are harder).

So unless you have a magic craftsman that can control the variables, such as wood hardness, density, clamping pressure etc etc, the blades will not feel the same. I think they should have similar playing properties but feeling is a gamble with series production.

I batch order W81, like 3-4 of them. 3 of them were excellent, one is just good. Go figure. I came up with a rule of thumb to always order from the middle of the weight range, seemed to have paid off. (the lightest ones have low density wood OR squezzed out a lot of resin, the highest weight is either not enough clamping or high density of wood).
 
  • Like
Reactions: victormanriquey
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Active Member
Jan 2026
681
616
2,735
I come back on your website, and see so many new blogpost haha. Happy to see you finally tested the Long 5. I just feel like you inverted the order in the feeling/vibration and dwell ranking. To me, and your description the blade with the highest vibration is the long 5, then WCQ then SUN and B2X, yet your list says the complete opposite.

Happy to rank my blade in all of the list you mentioned. Did you switch from WCQ to Long 5 on your main setup ?
Haha yes thanks! I'm having fun and testing as much as I can!

Yeah the Long 5 I'm gonna retest the upcoming weeks/months, I have the feeling it may be a bit different than the first time I tested so will re-evaluate but it's also a bit like @Haito says, it may be that my blades are like this.

Also as Haito says, it's so hard because gears matter, as TTgearlab talk about EC and kick, low gear and faster gear do bring different feelings. List is now based on hardness, B2X being the hardest, WCQ the softest but I think it may be closer to Long 5 or even Long 5 softer as others mentioned, so I need to restest, and see again, a double check never hurts! ;) When others tell me something may be off, I'm very happy to re-evaluate, it's so subjective these things always, so it's hard, but I'll do my best ;)

And no @Kilogramme not changed to Long 5 main yet, I'm still on WCQ and B2X, on B2X I like the bigger handle and cheap to test so I have 4 haha WCQ I like the feeling, but its expensive and handle is short, so I will stick to B2X for testing, sometimes I also play normal games with B2x, depends on the day, since I test so much my main setup does change here and there :D
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Active Member
Jan 2026
681
616
2,735
There is also manufacturing consistency and the fact that wood is not heterogenous material. I've played a bunch of different brands, and even Butterfly sucks when it comes to making stuff the same way every time. There was an experiment by one of the Chinese content creators picking a FZD ALC, and the variance was there, the video was posted in different threads here many times, so I will refrain from doing it again.

There is a chance that the blade you got just is a build a bit differently. The blades are often glued by putting ~10-20 of them in a press. The ones on the edges get more clamping pressure than the middle ones. Sometimes the amount of resin will be different. Sometimes the veneers are not selected the same. They ones from the middle of the tree will feel different from the ones at the edge (I do not remember which one feels what way, I think the core ones are harder).

So unless you have a magic craftsman that can control the variables, such as wood hardness, density, clamping pressure etc etc, the blades will not feel the same. I think they should have similar playing properties but feeling is a gamble with series production.

I batch order W81, like 3-4 of them. 3 of them were excellent, one is just good. Go figure. I came up with a rule of thumb to always order from the middle of the weight range, seemed to have paid off. (the lightest ones have low density wood OR squezzed out a lot of resin, the highest weight is either not enough clamping or high density of wood).
Yep this is what it is, very well explained :)
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Oct 2019
2,154
1,113
3,998
Read 5 reviews
So for now give me some weeks and I will re-evaluate the Long 5 vs WCQ, hope to have results soon :D
If you are bored and have too much spare cash, I would love a comparison between LJK and special. I've heard the special blade is quite... Special.
 
says what [IMG]
says what [IMG]
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Feb 2016
2,820
1,746
5,754
Read 2 reviews
I really would suggest to seal DHS blades, and all blades in general. A bit of polyurethane gel rubbed on won't really add mass or thickness but it will make the rubbers unstick just that little bit easier that you don't always tear the top ply off.

I've gone WAY overboard with spray sealer and it still did nothing to the feeling or measured frequency, so I don't imagine a modest amount of PU will do anything either. People will disagree but people say all kinds of things so it's up to you if you want to worry about it.

I seal my B2 with PU gel and it's still ripping off parts of the top ply, especially whenever I've hit the table and chipped it a little. If I hadn't sealed it, there'd be nothing left of the blade at this point LOL.

DHS sells a blade sealer separately for a reason. It's probably a water-based polymer. I wouldn't use the brush and I'd just put on a little bit then rub it on with a paper towel.
 
  • Like
Reactions: victormanriquey
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Oct 2019
2,154
1,113
3,998
Read 5 reviews
hahaha I'm often bored but never have too much spare cash, but good to know, will note it down, and special in what way? :D
Harder and denser top plies and selected denser core. I do not have a super reliable source though. Based on the reviews it might be true. The normal one should be super similar to W81 ADC.
 
This user has no status.
If you are bored and have too much spare cash, I would love a comparison between LJK and special. I've heard the special blade is quite... Special.
Seems like you are a Loki fan. I have seen you a lot on loki thread. The LJK blade looks amazing. I had the chance to get the Golden HL5 (yes i don't have the regular, and mine did not need sealing) for 100€. My favorite blade so far, so I am not into testing, as my focus is on improving at TT, and I am in a phase where i play far above my ranking, and kinda known to be a fraud in my area.
But I am looking to be a Loki reseller in France. If I order from Loki multiple LJK special (like 10 or more), the unit cost is around 70€ without tax and delivery. A blade you can sell for 180€ to compete against Butterfly or DHS top blade.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Oct 2019
2,154
1,113
3,998
Read 5 reviews
Seems like you are a Loki fan. I have seen you a lot on loki thread. The LJK blade looks amazing. I had the chance to get the Golden HL5 (yes i don't have the regular, and mine did not need sealing) for 100€. My favorite blade so far, so I am not into testing, as my focus is on improving at TT, and I am in a phase where i play far above my ranking, and kinda known to be a fraud in my area.
But I am looking to be a Loki reseller in France. If I order from Loki multiple LJK special (like 10 or more), the unit cost is around 70€ without tax and delivery. A blade you can sell for 180€ to compete against Butterfly or DHS top blade.
That makes it around 100€ with taxes and shipping? So only 25-30€ cheaper?
Either way, I would love to check it out. I will probably order one sooner o later.
 
Top