Fast allwood blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
I think, that mazunov is one of the best blade, Its enough stiff(not flexy like Korble). Its hard. Weight is higher -around 95-105 g, but it isnt problem because is very good balanced (its balanced towards handle).

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
My question was clear, i didn't say how fast or fastest, i just wanted to know what is the speed, even if it is slow speed, so i hope no one misunderstood my question.

Everyone gave their choices or recommendations, then i can do the same too and it is up to you, and ere are my recommendations regardless of the prices or quality:

DHS Hurricane King [normal one]
Stiga Clipper
Yasaka Extra Special
Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive

Hii Tareq,

Thanks for your advice ;) and sorry, I tought that you're saying that TBS was a slow blade. Mine was not a bad blade, balanced in all aspects. My friend in my club had also a TBS, and his was better than mine, much less head heavy, more conrol than mine. But when I changed to the ALC, the blade was even more balanced, but besides most people saying they are equal, IMHO my TB ALC was a bit faster than TBS.

Sorry again and I hope that I have enlightened your doubts :D (sorry for bas english >.<)

Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Morning Eduardo yes i have used this blade.. it is fast but it has a good ball feel and the wt is i should say balance not head heavy for a 100gms blade. Look for an old metal tag. They are better than the new ones on the market. Playable controllable monster

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks Rajah :D

This user has no status.
Hii Tareq,

Thanks for your advice ;) and sorry, I tought that you're saying that TBS was a slow blade. Mine was not a bad blade, balanced in all aspects. My friend in my club had also a TBS, and his was better than mine, much less head heavy, more conrol than mine. But when I changed to the ALC, the blade was even more balanced, but besides most people saying they are equal, IMHO my TB ALC was a bit faster than TBS.

Sorry again and I hope that I have enlightened your doubts :D (sorry for bas english >.<)

It is ok, no issue or problem, sorry if my question wasn't clear for some here, and thanks you enlightened my doubts.

Of these blades, which have you played with?

None, but i just recommended those according to the speed of TBS, thought those are all wood could be similar speed more or less.

From those i mentioned, i have 1 that can be similar but not same to those 2 Yasaka models, i have Yasaka Extra, but i didn't play with yet and didn't assemble it yet, it is the only one i have now not assembled, also i have DHS HH3 but it is much fast than this Hurricane King, i love my Hurricane HH3 and i feel my playing is more consistent and better than any of my other rackets.

Reactions: eduardo1995filipe
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Okay, I realized something: I didn't even think about Hinoki. Any good 7 ply Hinoki blade would be killer. Fast, light, good dwell time, amazing speed.

But these two would be beasts: Darker 7p-2A7t or Darker Speed 90. The 7p-2A7t is pretty darn fast. Faster than TB ALC. It is a 7 ply Hinoki blade. The Darker Speed 90 is a 1 ply Hinoki blade and this is one of the most amazing blades in terms of feeling. One drawback is that it is 9 or 10 mm thick. But it plays like a dream. Feels amazing. Nothing feels as good as this. Nothing. As fast or faster than a TB ZLC. However, there is one more drawback and it is a bigger drawback than the first: it is easy to break a One ply blade because it is only One ply and the price tag of this blade being about $250.00 and it being very easy to break, this may not be the most frugal choice. But I know someone who just keeps several of them on hand at all times since they do break. And it would make me cry to have the blade face of a blade that good, split down the center.

Last edited:
Reactions: rbtitco and BeGo