New Butterfly Hadraw 5

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
Butterfly's line of products, previously named Hadraw Series (VK, SK, etc.) have been discontinued if I recalled correctly.

However, I just saw a new Butterfly Hadraw 5 recently at Butterfly Global Site (website) and I think that it is beautiful.

If I asses correctly, it is made of koto - spruce - ayous (or kiri?) - spruce - koto, with thickness of 5.9mm and head size of 157x150 mm. I think it is an improved Avalox P500 (and also BTY Kong Ling Hui allwood 5-ply, which is only 5.6-5.7 mm in thickness).

Picture is as follows:

BTY Hadraw 5.png

According to BTY's description, speed is 10.7 (which means that it is similar to BTY Petr Korbel).

So, I am curious, if anybody here have tried this blade?

Thank you.

Reactions: rbtitco and ttarc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
According to BTY Japan it will be available from 1. April. Hefty price outside Japan...
USD 104.99 for an all-wood blade... Falcima USD 73.99 (currently on sale for 64.74), Korbel Japan USD 68.99 (currently sold for $60.37)
https://shop.butterflyonline.com/hadraw-5-1266
https://shop.butterflyonline.com/Falcima-Blade-1258

Hadraw 5 8800 Yen incl. local VAT (afair 10%) / USD 58,21
Korbel 6050 Yen / USD 40.01
Falcima 6600 Yen / USD 43,65

Hadraw 5 https://www.butterfly.co.jp/products/detail/37181.html
Korbel https://www.butterfly.co.jp/products/detail/30271.html
Falcima https://www.butterfly.co.jp/products/detail/37111.html

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
Wow, surely Butterfly knows how to charge arms and legs for ordinary all-wood blade. There is no special technology there that justifies such pricing. Domestic prices (in Japan) are reasonable though.

The problem is that other TT brands see that BTY can get away with charging too much money, so they start doing the same now.

Wow, surely Butterfly knows how to charge arms and legs for ordinary all-wood blade. There is no special technology there that justifies such pricing. Domestic prices (in Japan) are reasonable though.

The problem is that other TT brands see that BTY can get away with charging too much money, so they start doing the same now.
We all are responsible for this BTY policy. Just stop buying BTY products.
Personally I didn't felt any advantage of expensive BTY over others, at least for my level.
BTY rubbers are way too expensive in my country so much that we get pair of other rubbers in same price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
seems that like previous year BTY is going to increase prices a bit for some of the products, when on 1Apr they introduced Glazer rubbers, Viscaria ALC increased the price, the same rumors I heard locally in PL, that's why i ordered Timo Boll ZLF and 2 tenergies T05+T19 :p
I don't want to be surprised like previous year. I wanted buy Viscaria ALC but I didn't make it and the difference in price between player name ALC blades vs new for Viscaria ALC was so small then I decided to buy FZD ALC.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2022
The best blade for me I've tried before. I have tried Andro Gauzy series blades, I used Butterfly Petr Korbel Japan version for about two years, TSP Swat Carbon most recently. I can say that this is the best blade from my perspective out of everything I've tried. And this time, I decided to try completely different rubbers, so I glued together with Tenergy 05 2,1mm (FH) and Glayzer 2,1mm (BH) and this combinations suits very well with Hadraw 5 blade. I played before most of the time with Tenergy 80 (FH) and Tenergy 05FX (BH). My game improved immediately, control amazing, topspin very precise and accurate, I can place the ball exactly where I want on the table, even my trainer said "where have you improved so much, your topspin from FH is very strong and spins hard". So I'm really happy with this choice and I can say that first time I feel that this blade suits very well for my playing style, woody feelings (what I like the most), strong topspin from FH, even improved from BH (where is my weakest point), speed more than enough, very good control and blocking, nice design and quality.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2022
@Mods What's the weight of your Hadraw 5? And is it faster or slower compared to Korbel Japan?
My Hadraw 5 about 88g. and Korbel was about 92g. and feels like head heavy. Hadraw 5 feels more balance, I don't know how to say, but when I took it in my hand feels that different and personally for me with Hadraw 5 much easy to swing. What about speed, more or less the same i don't know how will be Hadraw with Tenergy 80, but yea with Tenergy 05 feels about the same. Also, the handle is more comfortable and fits perfectly on the Hadraw 5, Korbel was too thin.

p.s. also, one cons goes for Korbel, what I really didn't like was that Korbel feels some how muted from BH sides, I tried with soft and hardest rubbers and every time feels the same. With Hadraw 5 its fine and feels much more crispy.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Prawdę mówiąc, generacja rotacji forhendowych jest ogromna.
88g
1356 Hz
5.9 mm
1000013427.jpg
1000013399.jpg

Attachments

• 1000013400.jpg
    1000013400.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 35