Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Loki Arthur Europe Diamond packaging.
24B5F61C-0830-4A32-BEFD-BAB5B09E39DB.jpeg

Reactions: Mssousa01
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
I asked my agent to clarify, this was the response i got about AED: "We make it ourselves, but we learned German technology. It was made in Germany a long time ago, and now it is our factory's own technology"

As i suspected since my package didnt have "Made in Germany" anywhere, it would be cool having one of the old stock & one of the newer Made in the Loki factory to compare them hehe 😎😂🤗🧐

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I asked my agent to clarify, this was the response i got about AED: "We make it ourselves, but we learned German technology. It was made in Germany a long time ago, and now it is our factory's own technology"

As i suspected since my package didnt have "Made in Germany" anywhere, it would be cool having one of the old stock & one of the newer Made in the Loki factory to compare them hehe 😎😂🤗🧐
That's almost unbelievable. Surely ESN wouldn't just give away their sponge recipe to Loki, right?

If Loki learned to make this German sponge, why don't they make more rubbers like this. Is Telson using the same technology?

Reactions: mattlamperouge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Either that or there were so many punters rubbishing this rubber that they could not sell them anymore at the old price and have to get rid of them cheap.
Total valid theory...i found popularity & reviews plays a major role on pricing AND "stock ridding" sales. Not only in table tennis but tons of products, fashion Specially hehe

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Total valid theory...i found popularity & reviews plays a major role on pricing AND "stock ridding" sales. Not only in table tennis but tons of products, fashion Specially hehe
Nah, even if they had to discount the rubber, they would still advertise it as "made in Germany" if it was.

Reactions: mattlamperouge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
That's almost unbelievable. Surely ESN wouldn't just give away their sponge recipe to Loki, right?

If Loki learned to make this German sponge, why don't they make more rubbers like this. Is Telson using the same technology?
Well Telson 100 zz its supposed to be a "German style rubber" so i Guess they keep researching & refining their rubber making process for different styles or characteristics...(Chinese/japanese/german) We should see first if the next to release Telson 100 has that Japanese feel they claim. Then wait for TELSON 100zz😬😅😂 if they can compete with good price/performance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
@mattlamperouge

I dunno if your agent will disclose this? I guess the theory is that if it was made in Germany, then the only known maker is ESN, so it would be a tensor rubber.
Someone explain about the "Tensor" patent before i think? Like how other brands use different name for the same concept, i cant remember what post it was.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Well Telson 100 zz its supposed to be a "German style rubber" so i Guess they keep researching & refining their rubber making process for different styles or characteristics...(Chinese/japanese/german) We should see first if the next to release Telson 100 has that Japanese feel they claim. Then wait for TELSON 100zz😬😅😂 if they can compete with good price/performance
Can you ask the agent if the new Telson series is using the same German technology from the AED?

Or is it their own Chinese technology?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Can you ask the agent if the new Telson series is using the same German technology from the AED?

Or is it their own Chinese technology?
Well they claim to have developed a "German hand feeling" rubber, i assume its not only the sponge but the topsheet & treatment combination that gives the rubber its final characteristics 🤷😎 If they learned, buyed, steal, Reverse engineered or developed a "german inspired" new style sponge recipe, i dont think my agent Is able to disclose AND also i dont think it really Matters.
If they are good & well priced, both Telson 100 & 100zz i hope they can compete. For AED you can Test it & compare with other similar ESN offerings... Newer stock shouldnt say "made in germany" 🤗

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
have we actually got any prove or confirmation that Loki's Clone sponge is any good and at least very similar if not equal to the german original ???
Well IB66 said that the German original Diamond had the same general bounce and feeling to ESN rubbers.

@mattlamperouge Have you compared the new Diamond with a ESN rubber like Vega or G1 or something? Does it have the same general bounce and feeling to ESN rubber?

Even if it isn't exactly the same but is close enough for them to keep selling the same rubber, that's still a remarkable achievement for Loki. So I'm just asking, if Loki can do this, why can't bigger companies like Nittaku or DHS (who rely on ESN to make G1 and Gold Arc 8). Personally, I would love to have a cheaper and DHS-made GA8.

Or why doesn't DHS ask Loki to make GA8 at half the price.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Well IB66 said that the German original Diamond had the same general bounce and feeling to ESN rubbers.

@mattlamperouge Have you compared the new Diamond with a ESN rubber like Vega or G1 or something? Does it have the same general bounce and feeling to ESN rubber?

Even if it isn't exactly the same but is close enough for them to keep selling the same rubber, that's still a remarkable achievement for Loki. So I'm just asking, if Loki can do this, why can't bigger companies like Nittaku or DHS (who rely on ESN to make G1 and Gold Arc 8). Personally, I would love to have a cheaper and DHS-made GA8.

Or why doesn't DHS ask Loki to make GA8 at half the price.
Sure i compared with other ESN/jap rubbers. (Joola CMD, Thibar mx-d mx-p, quantum x, Fastarc g1, Donic M1 M2, Acuda S1, Xiom Omega, rakza 7,etc) Also with Tenergy, And bounce/grip its pretty familiar, i think blade & sponge hardness change the overrall feeling (even between ESN offerings, for example i found G1 & AED closer in feeling than either of them to Rakza7 soft, M3 or Rasanter42😅)

But i dont have "old stock" AED to compare with mine. What i can test its consistency/ quality control when i receive my last stock, since i ordered quite a bit of AED both colors👌😎🏓

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
I shared that video on my instagram😎🤣, quite good but some Opinions were a bit strange or i missed something on translation. Sadly they tested only on a "slow" blade. I concluded similar opinion about the grip & Overall speed, but i tested mine on W81, Korbel JP & finally with a thin layer of Seamoon on Loki V9 (still in use, great topsheet durability, quite better visual look than LAC even In black🤔)