Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
1712051618150.png

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Few months ago when the updates for 2024 came, I had an in depth chat with some coaches and backend staff on how players could "skip" events, other than medical certificate.
It is really a big mess I have to say.

Need some legal expert involved to read all those things one is signing away and possibly even getting athlete rep to have better voice.

Any one who knows ATF and if such "mandatory" exists?

Also, WTT Champion Korea...was announced around 2.5 months prior to its start date, same with Champion Chongqing. WTT scheduling has always been a problem and with mandatory ones, its really a huge problem.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Wow, the unevenly distributed prize money and mandatory participation was already bad enough, but delaying payments and punishing players for being sick really shows that WTT is just another rotting capitalistic corporation. They better fix this soon before more systemic problems rear their ugly heads down the road. Also fix that stupid ranking/seeding system and implement separation by association while they're at it if they really care about promoting TT as a global sport.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
  • Quick to enforce penalties but slow to pay prize money.
  • Single handedly deciding on penalty payment conditions and heights.

This is textbook extortion. It's a matter of time until ITTF gets sued by national associations.

I guess ITTF took a good look at FIFA, and saw what they get away with.

Question, is there a tabletennis player's Association, equivalent to FIFPRO in football/soccer?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Keyword: South Korea

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Keyword: South Korea
Nope Zeio
Penalties problems become a discussion point way before Korea came back to host.
You see, these contents, you dont find on the forums.

Busan wc had a "correct" scheduling
Champions does not
With every month having some major events and so many of them was short notice, as I said, its a different event but same players taking part.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Parents don't encourage your kids to play TT as a profession. There is no money to be made and they will suffer financial and mental stress.
I have said a few times, if this sport wasn't propped up by China in part because it is an Olympic sport, it would be dead by now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Parents don't encourage your kids to play TT as a profession. There is no money to be made and they will suffer financial and mental stress.
play pro club, don't play international is the way to go.
Sadly, only Europe has a good/big enough league.

Japan's league is small,
Korea's league is still new (and small)
Maybe Indian leagues one can look out for, but European leagues are still the root for professional income for the masses of professional players.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I heard this same line of argument from my old coach as well. He said, take up TT as a school extra curricular activity to hopefully get an university fully paid scholarship, once you graduate, you can hang up your bat, put it for sale on e-bay or just play for leisure. Never go pro.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I heard this same line of argument from my old coach as well. He said, take up TT as a school extra curricular activity to hopefully get an university fully paid scholarship, once you graduate, you can hang up your bat, put it for sale on e-bay or just play for leisure. Never go pro.
Taiwanese table tennis fore fathers made a market for TT players becoming coaches
almost every school in the country has table tennis.
some schools have 4 to 8 coaches.

I have a singaporean junior national team player here with me now, and he told me that he has never seen so many coaches to player ratio.
So I think "go pro" is depending on the circumstances in each country.
we are so used to "Pro" like a golfer or tennis player that travels the world and play in opens/tournaments.
I think Pro means, do it and make a income from it. and playing clubs is pro enough for that, and coaching is only possible from the buildup to becoming pro, so it is borderline, like a "by-product" of going pro and you can still use what you learnt and the time/experience in it, to make a full income.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Why does WTT think that the players are thier employees? It doesn't work like that, it looks like WTT thinks tournements are like circuses and the players are the main act. If they don't show up, then WTT deem them useless, and they let them know it.

Lets get TTD Dan and Tom to host these tournements, they treat the players like people

Jan 2018
Tennis star Quadri worried about African Games, Singapore Smash schedules
https://gazettengr.com/tennis-star-quadri-worried-about-african-games-singapore-smash-schedules/
Table Tennis: Aruna Raises Alarm Over Clash In African Games, Singapore Smash
https://leadership.ng/table-tennis-aruna-raises-alarm-over-clash-in-african-games-singapore-smash/
Aruna raises alarm over clash of African Games, Singapore Smash
https://blueprint.ng/aruna-raises-alarm-over-clash-of-african-games-singapore-smash/

Abiodun was late for WTTC 2024 and got a ZPP as well. Something smells fishy here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnniedarko