WTT Star Contender Goa 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Since I've been critical of WTT in Doha, I think it's only fair to give credit where credit is due.

Whoever is working on the production herein Goa is doing a great job. Lighting and camera work is on point, especially on Table 1. Some dynamic angles and nice cuts to player closeups at appropriate times. Most importantly, no technical issues.

I can not fathom this being the same team that worked on the Doha series. Please keep these guys working on Goa on for all events.

Reactions: driversbeat
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I enjoy watching Oh Junsung this tournament :) Although not the same - his style is somehow similar to his father's style. Also a very fluid and enjoyable BH - just very nice to watch :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
This is kinda interesting. Two players on the same table within the span of 3 matches were yellow carded for the same thing:

Wasting time by slowly walking after a ball after a point.

We know players often do this, and we all know the reason for it. Think it's well deserved. Just very strange to see it happen in quick succession like that.

Doo Hoi Kem at 1:23

Apolonia at 2:26

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Since I've been critical of WTT in Doha, I think it's only fair to give credit where credit is due.

Whoever is working on the production herein Goa is doing a great job. Lighting and camera work is on point, especially on Table 1. Some dynamic angles and nice cuts to player closeups at appropriate times. Most importantly, no technical issues.

I can not fathom this being the same team that worked on the Doha series. Please keep these guys working on Goa on for all events.
India tends to do a great job when hosting things like this, they invest the right team and money in TT production. I think we underestimate the contribution of the local organizers sometimes and overestimate the contribution of the WTT.

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
You can't make this stuff up. At the European top 16, Alexis beats Felix and loses to Truls.

At Goa, Alexis loses to Quadri and Felix beats Truls. If Felix beats Quadri, it will beg the question of whether it is fair for Alexis to be playing his brother in events.
And Felix beats Quadri 3‐0. So the one man who could have prevented Jorgic from winning Europe Top 16 was foiled by his brother. Great.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This is kinda interesting. Two players on the same table within the span of 3 matches were yellow carded for the same thing:

Wasting time by slowly walking after a ball after a point.

We know players often do this, and we all know the reason for it. Think it's well deserved. Just very strange to see it happen in quick succession like that.
Lol, but no cards for unregulated services. It should not get any crazier.
I haven't seen many Goa matches yet but at the European top 16, there were players (and it's always the same ones) whose +75% of their services were illegal. No umpire dared to give a reprimand or card for this. Pure disgrace!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Lol, but no cards for unregulated services. It should not get any crazier.
I haven't seen many Goa matches yet but at the European top 16, there were players (and it's always the same ones) whose +75% of their services were illegal. No umpire dared to give a reprimand or card for this. Pure disgrace!
Actually in this event I've seen more faulted and warnings on serves than normal. I've seen 2 faults (one in the Pavade match in R32? and one against Doo Hoi Kem in the match I linked). There was a warning yesterday in another match that I don't remember. These refs are being strict and I kinda like it!

Reactions: Metaxa and jbvttcc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
only a matter of time for Felix to beat Alexis

probably more of a mental block--lost too much to him while growing up became a habit?

I like Felix's game much more than Alexis' too, seems more fluid, must be that penhold grip :)
Yeah but "when' is important in life, not just that it will happen one day - better to be a millionaire at 30 than at 50 though better to get there than not at all. While Felix already had continental points from the European Games and didn't need the points from the Cup this year, it hurts many things including the French pecking order if this continues too long. Hopefully the French Championships this year can be the venue for the reversal.