NEW Gold Arc 9

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Hello everyone,

Anyone tried this rubber, i saw it on aliexpress?
I think it must be very new, as i don't see anything online.
(i bought it)
1000009821.jpg

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
I found the photo of package, and says sponge #80.
It comes in 37 and 38 degrees hardness, package sealed like NEOs. So definitely some sponge treatment.
Interesting, they're changing hardness scales for this one, and if so, this indicates that it will be available in the same, and then one step harder than GA8.

I say this because this very afternoon, I was reading another thread on these forums, and there was an excerpt from a test report, authored by one of the DHS engineers responsible for GA8, regarding hardness.

Admittedly, and correctly, she said the two hardness scales are less comparable between rubber manufacturers due to the methods used. However, they lab tested GA8 using both, which indicated that the 50 hardness was within the limits of 36 - 37 of the shore A scale (I think).

(Anecdotally, the B2P Soft 37 variant feels the closest to this rubber, so there's one confirming data point at least...)

So I'm very keen to hear about this one, keep us posted!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Interesting, they're changing hardness scales for this one, and if so, this indicates that it will be available in the same, and then one step harder than GA8.

I say this because this very afternoon, I was reading another thread on these forums, and there was an excerpt from a test report, authored by one of the DHS engineers responsible for GA8, regarding hardness.

Admittedly, and correctly, she said the two hardness scales are less comparable between rubber manufacturers due to the methods used. However, they lab tested GA8 using both, which indicated that the 50 hardness was within the limits of 36 - 37 of the shore A scale (I think).

(Anecdotally, the B2P Soft 37 variant feels the closest to this rubber, so there's one confirming data point at least...)

So I'm very keen to hear about this one, keep us posted!
Will do! i'll play with it for 30 hours, after that a review will come.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
I'd be happy to hear your first impressions as well, while it's fresh, and then your ongoing experience.

Time tends to dilute history...

What hardness did you buy?
I bought 37 degree, i tend to find 47.5 tensor on forehand good. I wanted to get a slower medium rubber, so i can put controlled counters on the table

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
80# sponge has great feeling so they must re-work the topsheet which was failure on dhs h80.... For me DHS is National brand it means that everything made in China are their if they wants.... I played double fish polestar pro and the topsheet is brick in good way. 100% natural rubber no easy stretching and it looks like tank but the sponge is not the best or the topsheet is not working with sponge...
Goldarc 8 is made in EU, the topsheet is
' Rasanter' matt and when you see the photo you can see glazing shining topsheet similar to my double fish polestar

Hello everyone,

Anyone tried this rubber, i saw it on aliexpress?
I think it must be very new, as i don't see anything online.
(i bought it)View attachment 29323
Just on first impressions, seems to be DHS take on Butterfly Rozena with the hardness scale of the sponge, colour and it being advertised mostly as a 'control based' rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
Just on first impressions, seems to be DHS take on Butterfly Rozena with the hardness scale of the sponge, colour and it being advertised mostly as a 'control based' rubber.
I'm not sure control-based is what they mean.

By all accounts, #80 is quite fast, so I think they're trying to say "hey, no really, our rocket can steer, too..."

At least, that's what I hope.

I want a 155mm artillery for a backhand. It doesn't need to snipe a bullseye if I can make a crater out of the hill the target was sitting on.

My Gold Arc 8 50 is almost that, but not really. So I hope this new version is simply faster.

• Haha
Reactions: Attitude and ttarc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I'm not sure control-based is what they mean.

By all accounts, #80 is quite fast, so I think they're trying to say "hey, no really, our rocket can steer, too..."

At least, that's what I hope.

I want a 155mm artillery for a backhand. It doesn't need to snipe a bullseye if I can make a crater out of the hill the target was sitting on.

My Gold Arc 8 50 is almost that, but not really. So I hope this new version is simply faster.
GA8 is a tensor rubber and GA9 is a chinese rubber, it probabily will be slower

This user has no status.
Or faster if you hit propperly and not like a wimp.
I mean saying chinese rubbers are slow by default is ignorant.

You can say they are kinda slowish because with lesser impact they dont react or behave slower than something like tenergy but in general id say this statement is wrong.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Or faster if you hit propperly and not like a wimp.
I mean saying chinese rubbers are slow by default is ignorant.

You can say they are kinda slowish because with lesser impact they dont react or behave slower than something like tenergy but in general id say this statement is wrong.
You may be right but for me, for my level, when I compare rubbers with the same degree of hardness, the tensor rubbers are faster than the Chinese ones.
I don't know if I hit propperly or like a wimp.
But this is the way I hit with chinese rubbers:

Reactions: Cadoia
This user has no status.
You may be right but for me, for my level, when I compare rubbers with the same degree of hardness, the tensor rubbers are faster than the Chinese ones.
I don't know if I hit propperly or like a wimp.
But this is the way I hit with chinese rubbers:
View attachment 29406
If you tell me the way you hit with your fh, that tensor rubbers are faster in general (actually we would need to differ between the hardness of mentioned rubbers if the discussion goes on) than we need to meassure the speed, because that cant be the case imo.

The bh hit on the other hand is too weak and would be way fast with almost any tensor.

Btw hard to judge the technique overall because you were hitting on the move, which changes quite a lot.
But yeah the amount of force put into the stroke here is enough to be faster with harder chinese rubbers than with tensor.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
Maybe the 47.5, but my GA8 50 doesn't really behave like a tensor—the added hardness definitely gives it a more linear response. No, it's not tacky rubber linear, but it's also not a one speed wonder. However, it's more of a 36-37, so on my forehand, I can tell it's starting to roll off when my Battle 3 40 is just starting to get excited.

If one puts a plastic film over a tacky Chinese rubber they are not so slow on a bounce test.
The GA9 should be plenty fast.

I've done this as well. Not so realistic, but a fun test to see just how much of an effect the tackiness has at very low speeds.

So anyway, let's just hope DHS has actually put a bit of time and effort into GA9 and doesn't cock it up.

It has to basically be better than GA8 in almost every measurably way. Specifically, for me, it needs to be faster (everywhere), have just as much spin, and though I've not had any of the durability issues, make it more durable to shut up the haters...

Reactions: damszelfly
I found the photo of package, and says sponge #80.
It comes in 37 and 38 degrees hardness, package sealed like NEOs. So definitely some sponge treatment.
Interesting, Sponge is same with H8-80, So I assume made in china with Gold arc top sheet which is manufactured by ESN in Germany. A very interesting combination indeed. Can Gold arc 9 be classed a tensor then?

Reactions: Topspinslinger