Yinhe v14 pro with DHS Gold Arc 8

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
I am currently shopping equipment on aliexpress to try out. Learn. explore.

The above mentioned blade is amazing and its the first time I try it and with new rubbers too from DHS that I never tried before either.
So its a little hard to be really specific as both are new.
But..... I had Fastarc G1 on viscaria blade before and can compare a bit maybe.

The Yinhe v14 pro is faster and more aggressive than viscaria. Not sure it has less control. maybe same level. But Viscaria has slightly better feel/connection to the hand/arm feeling? hard to say. Viscaria just feels like an extension of me, where other blades feel more like a blade in my hand. Not sure I make sense. Anyways I wanted to focus on the rubber DHS Gold Arc 8.
It feels faster, spinnier and better control than G1. very slightly. tiny bit. But thats a serious achievement considering how great G1 is. Im pretty impressed with this setup.
I think DHS GA8 is underestimated as a good ESN rubber.
Even more impressed with the total cost of this setup from aliexpress.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I am currently shopping equipment on aliexpress to try out. Learn. explore.

The above mentioned blade is amazing and its the first time I try it and with new rubbers too from DHS that I never tried before either.
So its a little hard to be really specific as both are new.
But..... I had Fastarc G1 on viscaria blade before and can compare a bit maybe.

The Yinhe v14 pro is faster and more aggressive than viscaria. Not sure it has less control. maybe same level. But Viscaria has slightly better feel/connection to the hand/arm feeling? hard to say. Viscaria just feels like an extension of me, where other blades feel more like a blade in my hand. Not sure I make sense. Anyways I wanted to focus on the rubber DHS Gold Arc 8.
It feels faster, spinnier and better control than G1. very slightly. tiny bit. But thats a serious achievement considering how great G1 is. Im pretty impressed with this setup.
I think DHS GA8 is underestimated as a good ESN rubber.
Even more impressed with the total cost of this setup from aliexpress.
I told you. If you like G1, I don't see any reason to not like GA8

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
I have GA8 50 on a V14 Pro and it's been great.
It softens a fraction after a month or so, but after 3 months of hard play, it performs very well across the board... I literally just posted in another thread that it felt more similar than different to G1, so I think you'll be ok.

This blade, though, right?

How on earth are all the hype reviews correct?
I usually tamper my expectations with this much hype, yet, here we are!
And the handle, for me at least, is by far the most comfortable that I've used. Also (thoughI suspect the rubbers weight has a lot to do with this), the blades balance feels like it hides its weight rather well.

My setup is about 190 grams, +/- a few for scale inaccuracy.

Reactions: Cadoia
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
I have GA8 50 on a V14 Pro and it's been great.
It softens a fraction after a month or so, but after 3 months of hard play, it performs very well across the board... I literally just posted in another thread that it felt more similar than different to G1, so I think you'll be ok.

This blade, though, right?

How on earth are all the hype reviews correct?
I usually tamper my expectations with this much hype, yet, here we are!
And the handle, for me at least, is by far the most comfortable that I've used. Also (thoughI suspect the rubbers weight has a lot to do with this), the blades balance feels like it hides its weight rather well.

My setup is about 190 grams, +/- a few for scale inaccuracy.
yes its an incredible setup. I had 4-5 guys try it out and they all said the same: this is high quality equipment. Feels like G1 only better. And the blade feels like the timo boll alc, or very close. the handle is little larger which fits many male players even better. Weight is balanced with the DHS GA8. Its really hard to find negative things to say about it.
Then when I tell them the total cost of it all they look at me like I said I landed on the moon last week or something. like a big ?.
Im so glad I listened to TensorBackHands advice on this and went and bought it.
Wife loves it too and are now kicking some male butts at the table with it. Its perfect for her as what she lacks in arm power it will take care of itself for her.
Can you get a better blade? Well I got Viscaria and I still love it. but with seriously small margins. And we are talking 35$ vs. 185$ difference. the v14 feels like a member "big boys" club.
Anyone with limited funds will have 0 lacks if he knows where to shop for TT equipment. Im excited to play around with the many different chinese rubbers and see whats possible. Maybe the hype on those are potentially true. at least for some of them. who knows.

Reactions: Lawsy