Rakza 7 vs DHS Gold Arc 8 (47.5)

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
GA8 less spin sensitive. Harder topsheet, and you need to work harder to generate spin - no easy spin on lazy shots. To me the GA8 felt better at 50º, though. Very speedy, still controllable and behaves well in direct play.

R7 is a great rubber. It spins well, good feedback on gripping the ball, dragging it along, and spitting it out. I like it less for blocks, short game, direct play but prefer it in counterspinning, spinny openups etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
I have read somewhere that gold arc 8 has a soft topsheet. Is this right? I have DHS Gold Arc 5, but I think that its topsheet is too hard. Is gold arc 8's topsheet softer than gold arc 5's?
softer, more elastic and more tenacious

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
The first thing you notice switching from R7 to GA8 is higher throw angle. You'll need to close your racket more and hit more forward. Initially speed feels similar and you need to work a bit more to generate heavy spin. When you adjust, the ball quality is considerably higher. Open ups are more aggressive and this rubber will force you to improve your topspin technique.

I'd say, if you play with R7 and love this rubber but your opponents find it easy to play against you, then switching to GA8 is a great option. Transition is easy and you get yourself a bigger gun.

Reactions: Attitude