Donic bluestar a1 durability

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I have about 40 hours on Bluestar on both my FH and BH and they are both holding up well so far.

But, you may be a much higher level than me and wear out your rubbers faster than I do.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Can both of you provide some review of the Bluestar A1? Paddle Palace and Revspin and Donic's own rating gives it the highest speed and spin rating.

Is it really that high performing compared to other rubbers?
For me what i like is that i can open quite easily vs backspin and also my opponents are not that comfortable vs the spin is generated.
Counter topspin is great, sometimes i feel like i cannot miss.
Short game is ok (i can keep the ball short)
Because the rubber has a throw angle medium/high i overshoot many balls especially first training sessions, but now after 25/30h of play i try to close more the racket and not play so close to the table and is better.
Overall bluestar a1 is a decent option for forehand if you have decent technic
And you care a lot about open up vs backspin and counter topspin.
And to put this rubber on backhand is not recommended, maybe for the professionals that can activate the rubber properly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
For me what i like is that i can open quite easily vs backspin and also my opponents are not that comfortable vs the spin is generated.
Counter topspin is great, sometimes i feel like i cannot miss.
Short game is ok (i can keep the ball short)
Because the rubber has a throw angle medium/high i overshoot many balls especially first training sessions, but now after 25/30h of play i try to close more the racket and not play so close to the table and is better.
Overall bluestar a1 is a decent option for forehand if you have decent technic
And you care a lot about open up vs backspin and counter topspin.
And to put this rubber on backhand is not recommended, maybe for the professionals that can activate the rubber properly.
Is it really faster and spinnier than other top rubbers though?