Saudi Smash 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Fantastic performance by Noshad, his touch and blocking was top notch.
Yeah that was quite a feat. By the 5th game he was so confident in his ability to get the ball back on the table that he only added power on chance balls. The rest were just blocks and lobs with varying spin and location. Didn't even have to end points with his backhand.

Not a tactic you see work that well at this level of competition, and to do it against a top 5 CNT player is kinda crazy.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
WD R32
The pair that doesn't work 1-3 Liu Yangzi/Ng Wing Lam
Would've gotten a bagel if not for Hirano.
Harimoto still doesn't know where to run for the next shot and her opener is too weak.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Yeah that was quite a feat. By the 5th game he was so confident in his ability to get the ball back on the table that he only added power on chance balls. The rest were just blocks and lobs with varying spin and location. Didn't even have to end points with his backhand.

Not a tactic you see work that well at this level of competition, and to do it against a top 5 CNT player is kinda crazy.
Noshad won Liang, Lin GY and Togami, all highly offensive type player but lacks tactical wit

Reactions: turbozed
Jan 2018
Achanta dumped 2 of 3 match points into the net.

Will be a miracle for Aruna to reach the QF playing like this.
LSS squandered 3 match points.

Miracle in the making?

Reactions: dingyibvs
Jan 2018
Not so lucky this time. 3rd seeded player out on women's side after Szocs and Diaz.

WS R32
Kihara 3-0 SYB (6, 5, 6)
Match duration 18 mins

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...-be-revamped-for-paris-2024.24977/post-446273
OTOH, SYB will lose 280 pts from WTT CT Tunis 2023 on 6/25, so she is facing a lot of pressure as well (1410 pts). Given her trajectory in this cycle, it's pretty obvious her body is not the type that can endure this kind of intensity. She is ranked 4th in Olympic qualification ranking right now as a result of careful planning. There is still a lot of uncertainty.
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/wtt-singapore-smash-2024-3-7-3-17.33147/post-447945
How did SYB reach the QF?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I don't think he has a chance. But I wouldn't have thought he had a chance here either even with his past wins
I did not think he has a chance with LJK even during the game, but his serves are tricky and Liang couldn't find the right answer. If Lin Shindong is going to have same problems everything is possible.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I did not think he has a chance with LJK even during the game, but his serves are tricky and Liang couldn't find the right answer. If Lin Shindong is going to have same problems everything is possible.
Those hidden serves can be very troubling, and he even has some nasty not so obviously hidden ones as well. The difference ro me though is that Lin will be taught to take them late and hisnrally game is pretty strong on both sides vis Liang who doesn't move as well.

Reactions: Sali
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Those hidden serves can be very troubling, and he even has some nasty not so obviously hidden ones as well. The difference ro me though is that Lin will be taught to take them late and hisnrally game is pretty strong on both sides vis Liang who doesn't move as well.
Yeah I also noticed Liang was very slow and often jump during FH topspins. Lin is quite fast and seems to be confident. Anyway I fish all the best to Noshad, he is very smart even with the disability.

Reactions: NextLevel
Jan 2018
4th seeded player out on the women's side.

WS R32
Batra 3-1 WMY
G4 85, 87 TO, 810, 1210

A. Mukherjee and Akula: Where was she at WTTC 2024?

Reactions: KiwiPong