Saudi Smash 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Down goes Miwa and Miu in women's doubles. These two don't seem to have any chemistry as doubles partners. Guess it takes a bit more than just having two strong players on the table.
Haven't had a chance to watch this, but a disappointing loss against a pairing from different national teams. They're T-League teammates but haven't yet been able to b blend their talents. If they continue like this, I want my Double Miyu back and let the chips fall where they may.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Haven't had a chance to watch this, but a disappointing loss against a pairing from different national teams. They're T-League teammates but haven't yet been able to b blend their talents. If they continue like this, I want my Double Miyu back and let the chips fall where they may.
It's partly a lefty-right pair vs double righty-pair thing, lefty-righty pairs have a tremendous natural advantage in doubles, how China makes it work with their righty-righty pairs is amazing and underappreciated.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
What a rollercoaster of a match! LSD dominates the 1st game, Ruwen misses a serve at game point the 2nd game, wins a nail biter the 3rd game, then overcomes a deficit to win the 4th game, then up 8-4 and then 10-8 the 5th game before losing 11-13.

Reactions: NextLevel
says Formely known as gordonluvsu.
Feb 2023
Filus is not really a chopper, he is more of a twiddling attacker with extra power who uses his pips to slow down the game and get time to use his power.
This is the first time Ive seen him play this aggressive and pro actively win points this way.
Or maybe I just didnt watch him enough and only saw the times that it didnt work out.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This is the first time Ive seen him play this aggressive and pro actively win points this way.
Or maybe I just didnt watch him enough and only saw the times that it didnt work out.
You didn't watch him enough. He is the most dangerous when he attacks.

Feb 2023
Although there are more broadcasting, technical and on-site organization issues in this event, the watching experience feels better overall.
The camera angle on Table 1 is better, There are a lot more replays from different angles after many points and in general, There is a lot more to see for the viewer.
At least my opinion so far.

Still many downsides, especially with the umpires that are basically just there to count points, but we are used to that by now.

What an incredible and exciting match between Filus and Lin Shidong.

A nailbiter till the end.

Both players deserved the win, imo.

GG to Lin Shidong.

Filus couldnt capitalize on 2 Match points.
But, as a change, no any quick services to his FH or elbow from LSD.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Somewhat lost in the results is Kihara's fine win over SYB. Congrats Miyuu!

1715011466016.png