Saudi Smash 2024

This user has no status.
It's more or less a surety that China wins if the Olympics have 4 players per country
not really - see Athens 2004 for e.g... you're forgetting that there's also internal battles with more players per country. Some of the players with stronger styles against foreigners might be beaten by some who are weaker, then the upsets happen. Also, it would mean that more unknown players enter the fray which are more dangerous for the CNT than the known variables. If there's only 2 players per association, there's way less players to prepare for, and it is much easier for CNT to simply select the strongest against foreign opposition, then prepare specifically for all the opponents. For e.g. CNT wouldn't even need to prepare against Franziska, or say Sora Matsushima, or even Gauzy...

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
watched Sun Yingsha lose against Chen Meng - it was Tokyo Olympics deja vu yet again. If Chen Meng takes a step back to give herself more time - Sun Yingsha's BH is just not powerful enough to hit the ball past her, nor is it spinny enough to pose problems to Chen Meng's defence. And then from there Chen Meng can just pick her spots to FH loopkill at will, because while Chen Meng can defend against all of Sun Yingsha's attacks, Chen Meng has such heavy spin and power that Sun Yingsha can't deal with it.

There's a few antidotes against these kinds of style for speed based players but Sun Yingsha has been too focused on the BH speed play and forgot about the opportunities for rhythm breaking. For e.g. Sun Yingsha could have counter or looped it short to bring Chen Meng into the table then blast it hard again. Or do it the Harimoto way which is a sudden BH switch down the line. Unfortunately, Sun Yingsha doesn't have the Harimoto style non-telegraphed killer BH fade loop to the wide FH (with the sidespin curving away from the opponent which is why it is so killer). Her placements are way too telegraphed with her body position so even if she goes down the line, Chen Meng is just very well prepared to answer it with a heavy FH loop of her own. So Sun Yingsha was just doing what she knew the best which is to keep pressuring the middle, but that strategy simply doesn't work all that well when the opponent is further from the table and has ample time to adjust.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
SaudiSmash2024WSFinal240512S.jpg

Reactions: Tempest/Comet
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Haha
You will never understand and you obviously don’t seem to have the intent of finding out. The replacements isnt doing too good.

I gave a tribute to Qin when he retired.
At age 46 he still has so much to offer, but we all know why

Was Qin meant to coach for life?? No he wasn't. Is there an obvious trend of the control of the helms of the team moving to the younger generation? Yes there is.

People cope with pressure differently, And people have personal aspirations that don't revolve around TT. If Qin wanted to leave the CNT, he could easily leave especially because of the esteemed role he has there, it's like there's some bind preventing him. I mean in the last five years, there's been a mass exodus of players and tired coaches from the CNT, Singapore's head coach, Liu Guozheng are just 2 out of them.

But from CNT "strategic" meetings, CNT planning committee plenaries, CNT Olympics announcements, even just last month in Macao, Qin is right there on the high seat next to LGL either making the announcement, working together or watching their "opposition" intently. On face value, and for all intents and purposes, it's obvious to anyone with some reasoning that he's obviously been elevated from a head coach role to an administrative role, and he's still very much in the thick of the CNT. But hey, we're just supposed to believe conspiracy theories about some man you've got in Beijing, alright buddy.👍🏽

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Was Qin meant to coach for life?? No he wasn't. Is there an obvious trend of the control of the helms of the team moving to the younger generation? Yes there is.

People cope with pressure differently, And people have personal aspirations that don't revolve around TT. If Qin wanted to leave the CNT, he could easily leave especially because of the esteemed role he has there, it's like there's some bind preventing him. I mean in the last five years, there's been a mass exodus of players and tired coaches from the CNT, Singapore's head coach, Liu Guozheng are just 2 out of them.

But from CNT "strategic" meetings, CNT planning committee plenaries, CNT Olympics announcements, even just last month in Macao, Qin is right there on the high seat next to LGL either making the announcement, working together or watching their "opposition" intently. On face value, and for all intents and purposes, it's obvious to anyone with some reasoning that he's obviously been elevated from a head coach role to an administrative role, and he's still very much in the thick of the CNT. But hey, we're just supposed to believe conspiracy theories about some man you've got in Beijing, alright buddy.👍🏽
bro, i don't know what you smoking
why does everything has to be conspiracy?
people within the circle all knows the reason - and I'm talking about Chinese table tennis circles.
so I say something from there and you come and bark conspiracy all the time. are you that bored?

if any assumption or conspiracy, then that is you on me, haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
bro, i don't know what you smoking
why does everything has to be conspiracy?
people within the circle all knows the reason - and I'm talking about Chinese table tennis circles.
so I say something from there and you come and bark conspiracy all the time. are you that bored?

if any assumption or conspiracy, then that is you on me, haha
Chinese circles bro
Somebody in Beijing bro
Some well known coach bro
Somebody you met on the plane to South Africa bro
Somebody you used to know bro

Show workings man, no be all this Cho cho cho.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Agreed, players like Jang, Franziska and Lebrun A. have the physical tools and playing level, they just need the exposure. I could even add Calderano and Jorgic to that list. But they need the exposure. It's just hard to beat someone lie WCQ seeing him only sporadically at tournaments even his fakes caught Franziska in the beginning but later he started reading them better and blocked the ball weakly back on the table a few times for winners.
I only partly agree. I think some of these players might be able to take Wang if he is not in form. On good days he is still powering through rallies close to the table as often seen against Chinese opponents. If he is in good form, I do not think he is beatable at the moment, for anyone.

If he is in mediocre form, some players like Jang Woojin, maybe Franziska, Calderano, LIN Yun-Ju are able to beat him. And obviously some Chinese players that are more used to his services and 3rd ball attacks. But they still need to be in form. Patrick Franziska played the tournament of his life, and when Wang Chuqin was on his A-Game it was at least 2 levels difference. When Wang Chuqin lowered his pace in games 4 and 5 and Franziska got better into the game, it was still close. Even on bad days, Wang Chuqin seems basically as hard to beat as Lin Gaoyuan or Liang Jingkun.

To be honest I think this is the biggest difference between WR1 and the rest of the world we have seen since at least prime Ma Long, maybe even longer. With only Fan Zhendong as Chinese competition I think Wang Chuqin is almost guaranteed to win Paris this year.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I only partly agree. I think some of these players might be able to take Wang if he is not in form. On good days he is still powering through rallies close to the table as often seen against Chinese opponents. If he is in good form, I do not think he is beatable at the moment, for anyone.

If he is in mediocre form, some players like Jang Woojin, maybe Franziska, Calderano, LIN Yun-Ju are able to beat him. And obviously some Chinese players that are more used to his services and 3rd ball attacks. But they still need to be in form. Patrick Franziska played the tournament of his life, and when Wang Chuqin was on his A-Game it was at least 2 levels difference. When Wang Chuqin lowered his pace in games 4 and 5 and Franziska got better into the game, it was still close. Even on bad days, Wang Chuqin seems basically as hard to beat as Lin Gaoyuan or Liang Jingkun.

To be honest I think this is the biggest difference between WR1 and the rest of the world we have seen since at least prime Ma Long, maybe even longer. With only Fan Zhendong as Chinese competition I think Wang Chuqin is almost guaranteed to win Paris this year.
I used to believe this but I don't anymore. I have seen enough to believe that the guys at the top of the German league (Calderano, Franziska, Jorgic, Kallberg, Dang etc.) all compare reasonably well with the top Chinese but they don't have the same exposure to the weaknesses of the Chinese to give them the confidence to execute. You could see that Franziska was already making the adaptations to realize that some loose half long balls were in play and that he needed to attack those balls rather than trusting Wang Chuqin that those balls were really short and not attackable.

Mediocre form is part of your form, especially when it is all in the same match. I never saw 2 levels difference what I saw was one player with a better understanding of what to do than the other and who started struggling when thr opponent adapted. But you can't adapt without exposure. If it was a best of 5, all we would be saying is that Wang is too far ahead of Franziska.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Chinese circles bro
Somebody in Beijing bro
Some well known coach bro
yep, pretty well known coach
but hey, what do you know
your motive is clear
Somebody you met on the plane to South Africa bro
Somebody you used to know bro

Show workings man, no be all this Cho cho cho.
clown?
when you done trolling, go take a nap

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
View attachment 29780
wah!!..where did all these praying, weeping fans came from? The stadium was almost deserted at earlier matches.
they will only rock up during the last 2 days.
its the same everywhere and don't be surprised if some of them or majority of them don't even play table tennis.

This user has no status.

I don’t agree. For sure Wang Chuqin is the favorite to win and currently the best player but we’ve seen he is human, he has some bad days and some outsiders can beat him on a very special day.

With the pressure of playing away in those Olympics I strongly believe a non-Chinese will clinch the gold singles. However in womens I believe Sun Yingsha will take the title and if not her Chen Meng will. They are too consistent. Even though I will root for Hayata and Hirano of course

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I don’t agree. For sure Wang Chuqin is the favorite to win and currently the best player but we’ve seen he is human, he has some bad days and some outsiders can beat him on a very special day.

With the pressure of playing away in those Olympics I strongly believe a non-Chinese will clinch the gold singles. However in womens I believe Sun Yingsha will take the title and if not her Chen Meng will. They are too consistent. Even though I will root for Hayata and Hirano of course
both mens and womens team are super brittle, as evidence in the past 6 months

If Paris can get more non Chinese crowds in, so it doesn't feel like home court, maybe, just maybe, the pressure can be on the Chinese.

OG is best of 7s though...
so, no more kiddies play best out of 5s
It will be a bit tougher to beat Chinese, but it is very possible

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
yep, pretty well known coach
but hey, what do you know
your motive is clear

clown?
when you done trolling, go take a nap
The bumbling old tramp spouting his tired old hearsay on this page thinks his stories are worthier than veritable and verifiable news. Taipei really needs to increase their social spending for oldies. It's tragic to watch someone's dopamine reactors fail him so badly.

Get some help big man. My so called "motive" is to call into question your allegations that makes no sense when we observe what the Chinese team itself releases and does. I hope Janard, Zeio or somebody can bring up recent stuff from the official CNT plenaries and meetings to show that QZJ is very much still active. Your own point is to say what you've heard should trump what we see and what we read. The scientific method doesn't even work that way.

It's interesting I've not seen clowns that work till old age. South Africa does spring up surprises I must say.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The bumbling old tramp spouting his tired old hearsay on this page thinks his stories are worthier than veritable and verifiable news. Taipei really needs to increase their social spending for oldies. It's tragic to watch someone's dopamine reactors fail him so badly.

Get some help big man. My so called "motive" is to call into question your allegations that makes no sense when we observe what the Chinese team itself releases and does. I hope Janard, Zeio or somebody can bring up recent stuff from the official CNT plenaries and meetings to show that QZJ is very much still active. Your own point is to say what you've heard should trump what we see and what we read. The scientific method doesn't even work that way.

It's interesting I've not seen clowns that work till old age. South Africa does spring up surprises I must say.
You still trolling…
Do you even know what you are typing against what I typed?
Obviously your delusion is leading you in all directions, but none is on par.

As I said, you have no intent for an honest answer, and your purpose is trolling
A troll falling in the trap!

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
You still trolling…
Do you even know what you are typing against what I typed?
Obviously your delusion is leading you in all directions, but none is on par.

As I said, you have no intent for an honest answer, and your purpose is trolling
A troll falling in the trap!
Do you even know the definition of a troll?? Sure, you have some facial similarity with one, but that's neither here or there.

Let me break it down for you

How does asking for proof become trolling?? Especially when things on the surface and in the works prove your assertions wrong. Things that I just observed in Macao a month ago.

Yes, you bring some experience here, yes you have a good cause against the WTT, but simply expecting us to believe whatever you say hook, line and sinker, and thinking we're delusional or trolling if we don't is the height of hubris.

And you were just telling people recently that they shouldn't move like they own the forum, can you gaze up from your navel or better still take your head out of your arse??

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Do you even know the definition of a troll?? Sure, you have some facial similarity with one, but that's neither here or there.

Let me break it down for you

How does asking for proof become trolling?? Especially when things on the surface and in the works prove your assertions wrong. Things that I just observed in Macao a month ago.

Yes, you bring some experience here, yes you have a good cause against the WTT, but simply expecting us to believe whatever you say hook, line and sinker, and thinking we're delusional or trolling if we don't is the height of hubris.

And you were just telling people recently that they shouldn't move like they own the forum, can you gaze up from your navel or better still take your head out of your arse??
You want to go and see which few words I typed that trigger your non stop barking in all directions?
Go and reread everything and see how silly it is.
When I say all directions, you really are clueless or either have basic reading comprehension skills difficulty or are purposely doing so, hence, trolling