Opinion on some blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2024
I'm an advanced amateur looking to upgrade from palio expert. I'm not really looking for suggestions rather on opinions that could help me choose between those blades: Nittaku Latika

Neottec Voodo Classic

Yasaka Sweeden Extra

Yasaka Extra Offesive

DHS Power G7

Xiom Offensive S

DHS Hurricane 301

Tell my why you like/dislike them for example: "this blade has smaller grip than average, this blade has bad build quality, this blade is much faster than the others listed, this blade is overpriced, this blade has awful feel etc."

DHS PG7 and Hurricane 301 definitely have thinner necked handles. I don't like it, but with overgrip these are fine to use. Work well with boosted Hurricane 3 on the FH and whatever on the BH.

Xiom Offensive S has great handle.

Nittaku Acoustic has small handle as well, Latika, supposedly, too.

In terms of characteristics...you have to try it yourself. Listed blades are 5 ply/7 ply wooden as well as some composites, they all feel different. Best option is to borrow one from someone, especially since forum members don't know your level and rubbers that you're planning to use (the latter doesn't matter much).

Reactions: kindof99
says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
Mar 2021
I'm an advanced amateur looking to upgrade from palio expert. I'm not really looking for suggestions rather on opinions that could help me choose between those blades: Nittaku Latika

Neottec Voodo Classic

Yasaka Sweeden Extra

Yasaka Extra Offesive

DHS Power G7

Xiom Offensive S

DHS Hurricane 301

Tell my why you like/dislike them for example: "this blade has smaller grip than average, this blade has bad build quality, this blade is much faster than the others listed, this blade is overpriced, this blade has awful feel etc."
Dislike them all coz' none is from Tamasu Ltd.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2024
DHS PG7 and Hurricane 301 definitely have thinner necked handles. I don't like it, but with overgrip these are fine to use. Work well with boosted Hurricane 3 on the FH and whatever on the BH.

Xiom Offensive S has great handle.

Nittaku Acoustic has small handle as well, Latika, supposedly, too.

In terms of characteristics...you have to try it yourself. Listed blades are 5 ply/7 ply wooden as well as some composites, they all feel different. Best option is to borrow one from someone, especially since forum members don't know your level and rubbers that you're planning to use (the latter doesn't matter much).
I've heard that latika is similar to large version of acoustic

This user has no status.
Neottec Voodoo Classic - Haven't tried

Yasaka Sweden Extra - Too thin, flexy and slow for the plastic ball imo...

Yasaka (Ma Lin) Extra Offensive -
My favorite on this list and one of my favorite blades. Quite stiff for a 5-ply wood blade and thick (6mm), very spinny, and the hard outer veneer (walnut) makes a great combo with Chinese/hybrid rubbers.
Pairs exceptionally well with Skyline rubbers for a close-to-the-table looping game.

DHS Power G7 - A Clipper clone that is thinner and flexier than most Clipper clones. Great for spin oriented game but a little unstable for away from the table or for blocking. And of course, infamous for variations thanks to DHS' QC - I've used about half a dozen of these in our club, and they each vary noticeably in terms of thickness, weight, speed and even head size...
The biggest con is the handle (as others have mentioned) - it's great for forehand rallies, but switching to BH during rallies/matches feels like it'll slip from my hands.

Xiom Offensive S - Haven't used, should be similar to a Korbel or Tibhar SPW with a smaller head size.

DHS Hurricane 301 - Haven't used, I do have Fang Bo B2X. 301 is also inner ALC, but has Koto top ply afaik.

says Pimples Schmimples
says Pimples Schmimples
Sep 2022

Neottec Voodo Classic

Yasaka Sweeden Extra

Yasaka Extra Offesive

DHS Power G7

Xiom Offensive S

DHS Hurricane 301

I have Yasaka Sweden Extra and Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive.
Personally I'm not a huge fan of either. The Sweden Extra has a small sweet spot and just too slow for me It's well made and does have good feedback tho.
The Ma Lin EO is other end of the scale for me, too quick and lacking feel. I can hit some great shots with it, when you connect it can be great but I'm not consistent with it and struggle a bit in the short game with it. It's either beyond my capabilities at the moment or just not the blade for me.
Both are great value for money tho and are well made. In fact the price quality ratio on Yasaka blades makes many other manufacturers look so WAY overpriced. Having said this I am still considering moving to the expensive Nittaku Acoustic so... 🤷 Each to their own eh! 😛

I can't comment on any of the other options you've listed.

I use a Yasaka Silverline All Wood the past 18 mths. It's similar to Sweden Extra but with harder outer veneers, so there's feel but a bit more speed, plays more 'crisply' and still has great feel without ever being too fast. I can do everything with this blade and it's been great for developing my technique as I strive to be a 2 wing looper.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Sweden Extra (SE) = All to Off- depending on weight, harder Anigre outer ply. Comfortable but not very big handle. Very good price-performance ratio. Usually light i.e. < 85g
Extra Offensive (YEO) = Off, very good fit for harder, tacky rubbers. Slightly thicker handle than SE. Great feel/much clearer feeling on hard hits than e.g. a Butterfly Falcima. Also very good price-performance ratio. Usually heavier i.e. >= 90g
Offensive S = Off, depending on weight, afair thicker handle than YEO but I'm not sure.

Normal head size 157 mm x 150 mm: SE, YEO. Offensive S(?)

Speed when hitting light according to TTGearLab:
SE < PG7 1) < Offensive S < YEO < H301
Speed when hitting hard:
SE < YEO < PG7 < Offensive S < H301

Deep hold: H301, Sweden Extra, Ma Lin Extra Offensive, PG7
Near neutral but might feel like giving an addition kick when hitting hard: Offensive S (the Offensive S is not a Korbel replacement in that regard). Not recommended for hard, tacky rubbers.

1) see comment on PG7 https://ttgearlab.com/2019/02/18/dhs-hurricane-long-5-3-overview-lab-test/