Search results

  1. WTT Champions Yokohama 2026, Yokohama, 8/4-9

    Yeah,. Just noticed the smash going on in Sweden so figured that would be the reason. Thanks for the reply. I am just getting back into watching table tennis for the first time since 1990 so everyone’s opinions and information is really interesting. The level is absurd.
  2. WTT Champions Yokohama 2026, Yokohama, 8/4-9

    What a performance by Sora. I wish Truls was here. Why didn't he come?
  3. WTT Champions Yokohama 2026, Yokohama, 8/4-9

    Sora levels the match. So high quality here
  4. WTT Champions Yokohama 2026, Yokohama, 8/4-9

    Lindh with the choke in game 2. Sora just had to be breathing to win that.
  5. YINHE SATURN S1

    It's totally on topic. I don't know because I'm not that deep in TT culture, just my club, but I don't see them in equipment shops. I guess folk buy from Ali if they are bargain hunters and from domestic online stores if they are wealthy. I like Ali for a random bargain buy. It's fun. I got MTB...
  6. YINHE SATURN S1

    seems like there's a soft and hard version on Ali here. It's about 2500 yen, so less than $20 US. As usual, no thickness options.
  7. YINHE SATURN S1

    Would be interested to try this.
  8. WTT Champions Yokohama 2026, Yokohama, 8/4-9

    Togami playing well here in the first game. Haven't watched him before I don't think.
  9. Your Form; wins and learning experiences.

    I kicked as$ today (for my level). V. happy because last week I felt heavy and confused. Probably I was motivated to get one last good session out of these rubbers before I switch to new ones next week. Also very keen to use as much body torsion as possible after really focusing on that in my...
  10. Playing too much backhand in matches

    Focus on performance rather than results. It is key. Then ironically results tend to get much better. Also keep talking to yourself either internally or externally to encourage yourself to play your shots and stay bouncy. When you execute well ‘that’s the way’. When you miss ‘right shot, next...
  11. Modern rubbers are killing the rotation in the topspin play

    Great to hear. Just got me a sheet of the soft and it’s going on a 5 ply. V much looking forward to it now. I agree that the young players are getting into loop monster rubbers too early too. Then they choose the max sponge. Youth gonna push the limits. They seem to miss really long a lot...
  12. Barefoot shoes

    It’s wild. I am determined to write a collaborative biomechanical/legal collaborative Paper on it. I really think there’s potential for a tobacco style moment. These companies know it’s wrong and are too scared to lose market share because they (rightly) think the public won’t accept foot shaped...
  13. Barefoot shoes

    Whether you are ethnically Chinese or not IDK but that is some Sinophobic nonsense. High heels and pointy shoes in Europe are a result of our own class wars. Landed gentry wore pointed shoes to slip their feet into the stirrups. They would proudly ride by the serfs and show their ridiculous...
  14. Barefoot shoes

    It is true that you have to relearn how to walk. It’s not easy and can even cause further injury, but I recommend trying because it is just so bizarre that we continue to wear these crazy foot corsets. There is no possible benefit to squeezing human toes into a space they don’t fit. Children use...
  15. Barefoot shoes

    Great to hear that you’ve switched to shoes that are shaped like a foot. Shoe designs are my daily reminder of the insanity that is willingly retained by status quo bias. If anyone were to design another item of clothing to bind a body part into a small space and cause potential deformation...
  16. The BEST Long Pips from ALL Brands

    Much appreciated . Yes FS. It’s like medicine. If it is effective it has side effects. I have been enjoying getting high on this P3V but I feel a period of using more natural remedies is in order at the moment. Let’s see how this 0.7 sponge goes and what I expect to be a bit stiffer pips on the 955
  17. The BEST Long Pips from ALL Brands

    It’s very unpredictable. The pips collapse easily so you go right though to the wood with this 0.5 sponge if someone hits hard. This is ok for attacks but it’s difficult to chop. I find I can’t stop the ball flying unless I use a forward arc on my chop stroke. Straight down chopping doesn’t...
  18. The BEST Long Pips from ALL Brands

    Oh! Maybe I'll try once this Yinhe 955 wears out in 2 months. Good for blocks and hits? That's my style. Mainly close to table.
Top