Search results

  1. My expensive and frustrating search for a forehand defensive rubber.

    Hugely appreciated. I have also been chopping since my mid 40s and struggled to find a good set up in this era of loop monster rubbers. Hopefully will get chance to play enough that I wear out this new Rakza 7 soft with my blocking game and get to testing some of the ones you mentioned. Who...
  2. Alternative training techniques.

    Your warm up sounds good. I stretch pnf method every day but warming up for sports is much more as hoc lately than it used to be . I just overdid it a bit last week. I could feel it was in a dangerous state and should not have played but men are dumb eh. Feeling better after this electric pulse...
  3. Alternative training techniques.

    Last week I went sea swimming, enjoyed carnal pleasures, mowed the lawn, washed the car, played table tennis and lifted my Jackery and camping aircon in and out of the car. An old sciatic nerve problem got gradually worse and I've been in pain all this week. I'm gonna need a week to recover...
  4. Offtopic - Car you'd buy for your family and team

    Mitsubishi Delica or Subaru Legacy Outback depending on car or van preference. Could go with the Subaru Exiga Crossover 7 but it’s a hideous design. Just hideous.
  5. Post your latest EJ purchase

    I’m struggling with a push based player who uses Hurricane National on FH. Nasty backspin and I’m not good with nasty backspin. Feels like I’m a junior again and getting vexed by spoilers. I can accept it more though as part of the game and try to practice accordingly in multi-ball and drills...
  6. The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

    I try to mimic the guy at the club who has good shots, wins in practice but in matches usually gets a lead and then blows it once it gets competitive. I seem to be doing well. It's alot like my New Year Resolutions to eat more fried foods and drink more beer. I rarely fail to follow through.
  7. Post your latest EJ purchase

    Does it make you choke as standard? Or is it a double negative thing where it becomes impossible to do so?
  8. Non-tacky maximum spin but minimum speed rubber

    This thread is interesting but I lost patience and ordered Rakza 7 soft coz AI told me to. Oh well.
  9. Non-tacky maximum spin but minimum speed rubber

    temu boll gotta be the GOAT screen name
  10. Non-tacky maximum spin but minimum speed rubber

    I'd also be quite intersted in using the rubber you describe
  11. Chinese table tennis enthusiasts are very happy to be here~

    Glad to be of service. So many people don't drink nowadays. I think it's a great trend but am I to drink alone? Oh well.
  12. Alternative training techniques.

    Oh yeah. Good stuff. And in Japanese, much appreciated. I speak Japanese but I'm actually an English speaker. Just lived here for a few decades, lol. My wife is a physio who studies these kind of movements so I'll send it on.
  13. Alternative training techniques.

    Great to hear your review. I have researcher friends who would likely be interested in doing some studies in this area if it's skill acquisition or neural based. I'd need their support because I'm a bit different focus. Regarding badminton too, interesting to hear. That's such a great sport to...
  14. Chinese table tennis enthusiasts are very happy to be here~

    A wine cooler? I got one of them. France must be a great place to keep TT bats a long time!
  15. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Steroids are not just about lifting weights. Massively popular amongst skinny cyclists too. Regarding the risk taking, choking is effectively risk aversion, so there's one benefit. Innovation and ability to use the shots you play in practice are also risk taking behaviours. Executive control...
  16. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Yes. People have quite a blind spot regarding the secondary effects of PEDs. Particularly steroids. The mental effects are huge and can be enhancing or devastating depending on the person. Less fear is a big one. More willingness to take risks. That’s very beneficial in TT. Coming back to...
  17. Chinese table tennis enthusiasts are very happy to be here~

    All totally justified and necessary
  18. Chinese table tennis enthusiasts are very happy to be here~

    Dude has a bat collection like a record collection
  19. What song are u listening to now?

    Loud no comment. In all honesty I respect any artist in any genre who does it for the love and does it well. Many many of them exist in metal, it’s just not my thing. I’m always open to trying though so give us a rec
  20. What song are u listening to now?

    Alright man. I’m a different kind of musician. You lost me here. 😂
Top