Search results

  1. The BEST Long Pips from ALL Brands

    P3V is easy? Damn. I love that rubber but it is far from easy for defense. I use it for blocks and attacks. From what I have investigated though, the sheet I have is an anomaly. The pips are so thin. It was bought in a discount sale at my local racket sports shop. I am just about used to it...
  2. Your Form; wins and learning experiences.

    I put my back out 2 weeks ago. Has been quite painful down my right side. On Wednesday I felt I could do a light swim in the ocean. I stayed there overnight and swam again in the morning. The therapeutic effect was exponential in comparison to the regular stretching and pulse therapy. I...
  3. The BEST Long Pips from ALL Brands

    Thanks. Much appreciated. Sounds like a good plan. I just got it out of curiosity as I'm changing my FH rubber to Rakza 7 soft. Prev. had Frendship focus 3 snipe, so I've reversed my cheap and decent rubbers form FH to BH. LOL. I will be sure to try higher quality rubbers if the 955 degrades or...
  4. The BEST Long Pips from ALL Brands

    Hello there. Great to meet you. I’m a convert to long pimples. Used to use SP. Was always really fascinated because two of the best senior players in my club when I was a kid in England played with them. In Japan LP are really popular. You get a lot of chance to play against them. There’s...
  5. Your Form; wins and learning experiences.

    We do too! Give us back our economy!
  6. Your Form; wins and learning experiences.

    Yeah. I remember. I love it that people are still dedicated. Wonderful.
  7. Your Form; wins and learning experiences.

    Similar. Just no energy drink or memos. I used to be a chef and I never check recipes! I believe in this approach to art and sport!
  8. Your Form; wins and learning experiences.

    In fact in Japan it’s not that costly to do this in general. In my case it would cost me $5-10 because I can go to a hot spring/cold plunge for $3 near my house or for free if I’m in the mountains for a MTB ride. Massage is $5 on National health or my wife charges me about $30 (lol). Swim in the...
  9. Your Form; wins and learning experiences.

    This is huge imo. Well pinpointed. Also big respect for folks who love TT enough to be doing this. I'm not playing matches after work unless it's a Friday.
  10. Your Form; wins and learning experiences.

    The venue is definitely a big one for me. I hate playing in big sports halls. Being used to a club environment ,the high roof and change in sound reflection times and volumes really throw me off. Always have. If paying a tournament (something I don’t do now), I’d make sure I practiced in a...
  11. Your Form; wins and learning experiences.

    What’s your style and where do you play? In a club or with set partners? Does your club have a coach who sets routines and regimens? The structure of the club is in my experience and opinion, crucial.
  12. Your Form; wins and learning experiences.

    I feel like maybe you have had overbearing coaches who gave you too much information at once or perhaps you are a person who gets frustrated easily and needs to work things out through chaos and consternation with the coach. I’m not dismissing that as a bad approach at all. There are many...
  13. Your Form; wins and learning experiences.

    Little bit of a misunderstanding over my intended meaning of form. I meant in terms of how well people are playing at the moment. The wave of everything coming together well and the days when it just doesn’t work. Certainly interested to get your comment though. You are talking about technique...
  14. Your Form; wins and learning experiences.

    Not just in measurable terms but also in terms of progress in technique, fitness and mentality. What worked, what didn’t? Did you notice any response to things you tried. What was the reason for your good or bad form? Is your form getting more stable? Interested to hear everyone’s journey on...
  15. Top player surprised by LP player

    Elvis is corrupting the youth. Sorry mate, my footwork is really good. LP makes it no less essential. If you can’t fathom how to win against them you can always try using them. It’s like strikers complaining about wrestlers in mma. Be better at stopping takedowns or learn to wrestle.
  16. Top player surprised by LP player

    This is the serve that convinced me to turn LP. I had used SP for decades (when I played at all) but was always LP curious. Coming back to play in early 40s there were so many LP players at my club and playing them was a brutal torture. Often they were pen hold too. Just a total head FK. So I...
  17. it's just insane (aliexpress)

    Sounds like we're talking at cross purposes but I'm sure you are making a perfectly decent point.
  18. it's just insane (aliexpress)

    Maybe. But I get totally screwed the same way when I order shoes from England. Estimated import duties are a total lottery too. Absolute rip off and so unpredictable. However, I just ordered a Yinhe 955 from Ali. ¥841 (£4) with free shipping and no add ons. My take is that they do what they...
Top