Search results

  1. Alternative training techniques.

    Also props for recognising and mentioning the kinetic chain. I also studied kinesiology undergraduate. Now just pych. The chain of engaging body parts is so similar in most sports so it’s good to keep it in mind. Especially in table tennis where there can be a tendency towards arm play at...
  2. Alternative training techniques.

    Excellent post. This is the aim with the rock throwing too. Engage the whole body in a similar type of movement to TT. I also believe strongly in whole body exercises. Practical strength and explosivity come more with the synergistic approach I think.
  3. Alternative training techniques.

    Always take the stairs is a real basic but so important to remember. Boggles my mind seeing loads of able bodied people cueing up to use the escalator. It’s a chance to work your legs! I’m lucky to work in a building complex with no elevators. Often going up five flights of stairs Five times a...
  4. Cheap Intermediate player paddle setup recommendations

    Oof. I was thinking of trying the 38. Probably I’ll try Loki Rxton 3 or Artur Europe instead.
  5. Cheap Chinese Gear

    Looks beautiful. And you got it so cheap. I searched on Ali here in Japan but not available. Would try though. Right now I'm looking for 5 ply because I really value control for blocks and sweeps with the BH pips and have plenty of power on FH flat hits. I don't loop much in matches although...
  6. Alternative training techniques.

    Great to hear. Yes, I swim a lot in the summer too. It is just superb for the whole body and as a reset tool. Also agree about Yoga. I study sports psych. and my wife is a physio. like you. What I have read and experienced with yoga leads me to believe in it very strongly. Especially for men...
  7. Cheap Chinese Gear

    Agreed. I'm into it just lately but have always been curious since when I was a kid Chinese rubbers were quite popular amongst good players at my hometown club. I remember one rubber called Yung that people liked. Very slow but even attackers swore by it. Intersting about the Loki Arthur...
  8. Cheap Chinese Gear

    That's fun to know. The topic I posted is about whether people stick with the cheap stuff or not. Not just the specific gear, so I thought that worth a thread.
  9. Cheap Chinese Gear

    A bit. Seems some similar topics but more nuanced. Thank you for your warm welcome.
  10. Alternative training techniques.

    Stuff like this is really good training for table tennis so serves a double purpose. I ride MTB which is great for strengthening the legs and gluts and back. Often I stop and throw large rocks that have fallen on to the trails off the cliff or into a ditch using a twisting motion. It is also...
  11. Ma Long @WTTC2026: Harimoto Tomokazu is the Best Non-CNT Player.

    Pretty sure he was making a joke about J-women being hard a$$es at home.
  12. Cheap Chinese Gear

    I'm wondering if anyone has gone down this rabbit hole and stayed there? Or didn't like them and went back to regular brands like Donic and Butterfly etc? I'm gonna try to go through a few different Ali express bargains. Anyone used Mercury or Rxton rubbers etc? So far the Friendship focus 3...
  13. Cheap Intermediate player paddle setup recommendations

    Sanwei has really impressed me with the echo blade, but it's Allround. Most peoploe seem to want faster and Sanwei have many other models including the parla. Fextra 7 is cheaper though. I'm gonna try the Fextra 5 because I like control over speed. Rubbers? Again Chinese. I'm really interested...
  14. Thread about Japanese Players

    It is written.
  15. Thread about Japanese Players

    Yokoi playing now. IDK her. I don't watch a lot. Just getting back into watching lately. She dropped the first game but dominating with her BH in this second
  16. Best Upgrade Path for My Three Rackets?

    Wow. Primorac still exists! I used that as a 12 year old 40 years ago! I'd say your best upgrade is to stick to one raquet. When losing, there's not many factors bigger than that inner voice. Having more than one racket to choose from makes that inner voice even more loud and confusing. Of...
  17. Ma Long @WTTC2026: Harimoto Tomokazu is the Best Non-CNT Player.

    I think all the points you make here are very salient. One thing that is key though is the system they play under has always had an element of hindrance and now it becoming difficult to mask due to the level of the game peaking. Before they could cover up the problems by just being way more...
  18. Asymmetrical blades

    Kokutaku have been making blades with carbon on one side for decades. I borrowed one. Was interesting. I don't think it's a useless product. Feel is not just about the rubber right? It's not for me but especially for combo bat players I can really see the utility in this.
  19. Aliexpress delivery problem?

    Nothing but good experiences so far here in Japan. TT equipment has been cheap and good. I also mountain bike. I bought some carbon handle bars and then realised they must be fake and possibly dangerous. They gave me a full refund. Only bad thing is the flagrant misrepresentation of prices and...
Top