Search results

  1. Cheap Chinese Gear

    Vega Europe was indeed considered when I bought this Focus snipe 3. I am extremely doubtful it will be as good. Both objectively and subjectively. No idea about those others. Fascinating. Thanks for putting them on my radar
  2. Chinese table tennis enthusiasts are very happy to be here~

    I already said it here a few times in the past few days. I'm incredibly impressed with this Sanwei blade and the Friendship focus 3 snipe rubber. Stil searching for my ideal long pimples but this P3v is absolutely crazy. I love the blocking and absurd wobble it gives. Butterfly feint long 2 was...
  3. Cheap Chinese Gear

    Great write up. There are so many contradictions in Chinese table tennis that it's tough to make definitive statements about it. In general they have always over competed for national team spots and lacked any kind of consistency. Players got dropped for losing close matches one or two times...
  4. What song are u listening to now?

    LMAO. Horrific video in so many good ways. Lately many bands are nailing the 80s sound. Another one is 'First Beige'.
  5. Cheap Chinese Gear

    Thank you for the in depth reply. Very interesting POV. I ride MTB and Ali is a nightmare with MTB equipment too. I try to avoid. It does have its place though and I got some awesome tires by reading up and being selective. When I asked for your recs by major brands though I was asking about...
  6. Chinese table tennis enthusiasts are very happy to be here~

    We certainly can, but I have never liked butterfly! Can't argue with their success though
  7. What song are u listening to now?

    I'm a musician. Great respect for Egon.
  8. What song are u listening to now?

    You? Legendary.
  9. Chinese table tennis enthusiasts are very happy to be here~

    Let’s have great Japan China relations. I’ve always had nothing but great times with my Chinese/Hong Kong friends and partners.
  10. Cheap Chinese Gear

    Funny how he wins so much though eh. Lin Gaoyuan on the other hand. What a case study. I became so fascinated by his case that I did a presentation about him at university. Both he and the Chinese system sure have some issues. I’m fascinated to hear your thoughts on table tennis in China.
  11. Cheap Chinese Gear

    Sanwei blades seem to get nothing but stellar reviews and me as a 5 ply guy, I’ll say this echo is the best feeling handle and most versatile wood I’ve ever had. Better than stiga/banda etc. Incidentally, I have had at least 10 butterfly blades and hated every single one apart from the one I...
  12. Cheap Chinese Gear

    Probably people don’t realize it coz they are so Low Key. 🤪
  13. Cheap Chinese Gear

    Wow! You play TT so well for a bot 😝 What set up are you using now?
  14. Cheap Chinese Gear

    If so, probably best to ignore them. I hear that other Xen foro forum mods can’t zap them once you reply! Not sure if that’s the case here
  15. Cheap Chinese Gear

    The labelling is incredibly difficult to follow FS
  16. Cheap Chinese Gear

    Haven’t used Loki yet but interested to try. The thing that attracts me to these cheaper rubbers is there seems to be more control based rubbers. Regarding hand feel, the Sanwei blades are just sublime. I can’t see any rubbers on the modern market for a blocker/touch player who likes to chop...
  17. Cheap Chinese Gear

    What products didn’t work out? I wonder if there’s a pattern? Maybe I lucked out but I’ve had mainly good experiences in my rare forays. Current bat is so damn good I never want to pay for mainstream stuff again. I do think that’s because I need extreme control though for my blocking and...
  18. Cheap Chinese Gear

    Nice. How's the weight? I use pips on BH (LP for the past 5 years, prev. SP) but sounds good. As a youth I used to like a chinese sponge on BH for that nasty slap. So good for finishing a point.
  19. Cheap Chinese Gear

    Ahh, reading further, this blade is part of the trio series alongside the echo and parla blades. I use the echo and absolutely love it. Although I found it quite dead at the start I have learned it is quite nuanced and can be very powerful when you unleash. Sanwei have some serious tech. I'd...
  20. How much is going through your head during matches?

    Good stuff. I’m wont to look at this from a psych POV and interpret the question as a comment on noise in one’s brain during matches or the ability (or unrealistic nature) of thinking during points. Yours is probably the more direct answer though and it’s pretty helpful. Gonna keep some of...
Top